That afternoon, Benny looked for Miss Chase from the parlor window. Finally, very late in the day, she came around the corner. Benny flew downstairs, through the courtyard, and out to the street. Goodness, I didnt know we were expecting Hurricane Ben

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 48 The Mystery Bookstore

By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: October 20, 2003 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: 1)The Declaration of Independence helped establish the United States as a new nation. So did the 2)Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-美国人文故事

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: It's time to say goodbye - and then hello - to a TV legend. The BBC's longtime sci-fi series Doctor Who bids farewell tonight to the current doctor played by Peter Capaldi. And we'll see the debut of the new star of the show as w

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

Well, here I am, enjoying a delicious cappuccino at a fashionable cafe in Brighton. As you can see, this place is very, uh…fashionable for all the…um…fashionable young people here in Brighton. I’

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街基础英语

This is AP News Minute. The first Latin American pope is giving a none to Hispanic Catholics as he embarks on a 10-day trip to Cuba and the United States. Pope Francis arrived in Havana today ahead of Sunday mass in the city's Revolution Square. The

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(九)月

Topic1-Shanghai's 135-year-old temple makes historic move An ancient Buddhist temple seated in the heart of Shanghai, one of the most populous city populous cities in the world with a population of more than 24 million, has made a historic move liter

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

So that for better or worse that was my education. I came away with a clear sense of the difference music could make in my own life, in other people's lives if I did my job right. --Which, if you're a singer in a rock band, means avoiding the obvious

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Indian Holiday Diwali Lights Up America, Too More and more people in America are celebrating the Indian holiday Diwali. 美国如今有越来越多的人开始庆祝印度节日排灯节。 Diwali is Hindi for row of lights. It is the most important

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

By Paige Kollock Washington, D.C. 03 May 2006 watch Heurich House report Nestled on the corner of New Hampshire Avenue and O Street in Washington D.C.'s Dupont Circle sits a historic gem that is now i

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

Dan Robinson | Washington 23 December 2009 The U.S. Senate is a few hours away from a historic vote to approve legislation overhauling the U.S. health care system. Approval with the expected 60 vote majority (that) Senate Democrats have held together

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

IN THE NEWS - In Southeastern U.S., Storm Leaves Many People Homeless, Helpless, Angry By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Saturday, September 03, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special Englis

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

星级典句: 第一句:Could you give me any suggestions on where to spend the afternoon? 你能不能给我一些建议,到哪儿度过这个下午? A:I'm free this afternoon. I'd like to visit the sights of Beijing. Could you give me any s

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

IN THE NEWS - Israeli-Palestinian Truce; Historic Elections in Saudi Arabia By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Saturday, February 12, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with In the News in VOA Special English. Palestinia

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has become America's first major daily newspaper to publish online-only. Hearst, the company that owns it, printed the final newspaper on Tuesday. The Seattle P-I was one hund

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月

Or at least plenty of money wagered in Deadwood's gambling halls Ted Landphair | Washington, DC 03 June 2010 In the 1980s, town commissioners decided to fix up Deadwood and make it a genuine historic attraction. About one million people visit each ye

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Two men chanced upon a trap door in a back room of a historic church near San Francisco. They discovered 23 religious murals painted by Native Americans more than 200 years ago. The murals record scenes from the Bible. Arthur Anderson, an artist, and

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Todd: So, Mike, you were born in Europe, but grew up in Canada. Have you been back to Europe? 托德:迈克,你在欧洲出生,在加拿大长大。那你回过欧洲吗? Mike: Yeah, uh, I've been back to Europe on a couple of occasions. The

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

A set of books that tell stories about famous historical figures have recently been recommended at the just-concluded China Children's Book Expo. The four books also have funny illustrations. Li Xiaoping is an editor with the CHINA Children's Press a

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

By Jeff Feuer Alexandria, Virginia 18 February 2008 Every year on the third Monday in the month of February, the United States observes what is known as President's Day as a celebration to honor America's first president, George Washington, and the 1

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Coming up, European Union leaders have signed anagreement on closer relations with Ukraine asRussia formalizes its annexation of Crimea. Ukraines Acting Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk, This is the historic day for my country and we believe this is

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版