African-American Pioneers Helped Shape America’s Midwest 美国黑人先驱者创建了美国中西部文化 A group of African-American cowboys on horseback is a rare sight in the central agricultu

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--文化教育动态

US president acknowledges toughest part of the process may lie ahead, melding the House and Senate versions of the sweeping health care reform bill into one. Paula Wolfson | White House 24 December 2009 Photo: AP President Barack Obama, accompanied b

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

People Remember Historic 1963 March on Washington WASHINGTON Fifty years ago, civil rights leader Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. led a march that changed the lives of all Americans. On August 28, 1963, King delivered his famous I Have a Dream speech to

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(八月)

The President of Venezuela warns that if the United States attacks his country or Iran, the price of a barrel of oil could double. Hugo Chvez says if there was an attack, oil could reach 200 dollars a barrel. The remarks came during the opening addre

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA. Many cities around the United States are proud to have historic buildings that are recognized by the federal government. But in the state of New Jersey, a whole city is listed as a national historic landmark. The little c

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(六)月

The Potomac River Flows Through Cities, History From VOA Learning English, welcome to This Is America. I'm Jim Tedder. And Im Kelly Jean Kelly. Today we tell about the Potomac River. The Potomac is one of Americas most historic waterways. It flows mo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2015-04-02 Turkey Launches International Mosque-Building Program 土耳其启动国际清真寺的修建计划 Turkey currently is building 18 large Islamic religious centers around the world. The projects include a mosque in Tirana, Albania

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

By Nina Maria Potts Ypres, Belgium 26 March 2008 The fields around the battlefield of Ypres, the site of four years of bloodshed during World War I, are littered with hidden trenches, bunkers and dugouts that are being excavated by archaeologists. Bu

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

The U.S. Senate has approved a hard-fought measure to overhaul the U.S. health care system. The vote will be followed by the difficult process of reconciling the Senate-passed bill with one approved by the House of Representatives, in order to get a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Old Salem in North Carolina revisits simple Moravian ways Ted Landphair | Washington DC 18 March 2010 This is a pleasant part of downtown Winston-Salem in the Winston part of town. Across the United States, there are several places where two independ

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Mubarak Pleads 'Not Guilty' in Historic Egyptian Trial Egypt's former president Hosni Mubarak appeared in a courtroom cage Wednesday charged with the murder of anti-government protesters and corruption. The trial, unprecedented in Egyptian history, i

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

California Welcomes Special Olympics Athletes 加州迎接特殊奥林匹克运动会的运动员 PASADENA, CALIFORNIA Cities and towns in Southern California are greeting thousands of athletes who are arriving for Special Olympics, a competition for

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(七月)

I have a dancing horse. It dances, a horse, tell him. Would you buy it? -No, I do not want to buy a dancing horse. Producing the cotton for a single T-shirt can require more than 2,500 liters of water. So huge amounts of water are pumped out of the N

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

Chinese authorities have voiced their support for the unprecedented meeting between North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump in Singapore. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says the Singapore meeting marks a new page in history af

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Chinese President Xi Jinping has described his U.S. counterpart Donald Trump's ongoing state visit to China as successful and historic. Meeting with the press alongside Trump on Thursday after their talks at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing ea

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

China decided to allow organ donation in the country back in 2007. Three years later, a donation system was set up in 10 provincial regions across the country on a trial basis . Development in this area was slower in comparison with today, with China

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

第一句:I want to visit some historic sites. 我想参观一些历史名胜。 A: Where do you plan to travel? 你打算去哪儿旅游? B: I want to visit some historic sites. Can you suggest some places for me, please? 我想参观一些历史名

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

William: Hello and welcome to On the Town my name is William Kremer. I'm standing outside London's historic Guildhall and I'm surrounded by hundreds of people. They're all about to do a ten-mile walk across London in the name of charity. But this lon

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Do you know about...? 你知道是怎么回事吗? A:Do you know about All Fools' Day? B:On that day,people play all kinds of tricks on others,and the one easily taken in is called April fool. A:April fool! B:April the first is coming.Be careful! ]

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

China is set to begin its historic moon-landing mission on Monday, with the launch of its Change-3 lunar probe. Preparations at the Xichang Satellite Launch Center have now passed the crucial fuel injection stage, the start of the main launch process

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年12月