The nineteen twenties were a time of economic progress for most Americans. During the administrations of President Warren Harding and President Calvin Coolidge, many companies grew larger, creating new jobs. Wages for most Americans increased. Many p

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(341) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Eddie Redmayne is officially starring in Harry Potter Movie Fantastic Beasts. 据官方消息公布,埃迪雷德梅尼将正式出演《哈利波特》外传系列之《神奇动物在哪里》。 Rumors swirled for months that Redmayne, 33, was be

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. Rebels in Libya are celebrating after they managed to fight off attacks by those loyal to Muammar Gaddafi in a city near the capital. Residents with automatic weapons and defection army units have stopped pro-Gaddafi forces in three cities. 2. The

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(三月)

This is AP News Minute. Mark McGwire is admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball homerun record in 1998.McGwire tells the AP he used steroids off and on for nearly a decade,he says he is sorry calling his action is foolish and a mistake. Sen

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(一月)

1. The Republicans have regained control of the House of Representatives and made significant gains in the US Senate. It was the biggest party turnover in more than 70 years. And likely Speaker of the House John Boehner called it a repudiation of Was

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十一月)

You are not my type. =You are not my cup of tea. cup of tea 喜好,专长 It's not my cup of tea,but I'll try it. 这不是我的强项,但是我会尝试。 My boyfriend likes football,but it's not my cup of tea. 我男友喜欢足球,但是我不

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

模仿句子: Hello, I'm Kelly Cates, and welcome to the 5 live Football Daily, on the day Tottenham cut Leicester's lead at the top of the Premier League to five points. Harry Kane and Dele Alli both scored twice as Spurs thrashed Stoke 4-0 at the

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

With his supervisor, Harry Whittington, and fellow graduate student Derek Briggs, Conway Morris spent the next several years making a systematic revision of the entire collection, and cranking out one exciting monograph after another as discovery pil

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

鼠标悬停在加粗部分,会显示相应词义和讲解哦! That evening when he got back from work, Uncle Vernon did something he'd never done before; he visited Harry in his cupboard.

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

鼠标悬停在加粗部分,会显示相应词义和讲解哦! That evening when he got back from work, Uncle Vernon did something he'd never done before; he visited Harry in his cupboard.

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

鼠标悬停在加粗部分,会显示相应词义和讲解哦!

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Leaders of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives have named nine of the 12 members of a committee that will be expected to find up to $1.5 trillion in savings to reduce the nation's deficit. The White House said Wednesday that President Barack

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. There is no certainty, only opportunity. V for Vendetta (2005) V (Hugo Weaving) 没有必然,只有机遇。《V字仇杀队》,V(雨果-威明) 2. A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. Wag the Dog (1997) Conrad Brean (Robe

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Hello,I'm Justin Green with the BBC news. Panama has decided to set up a special commission in the aftermath of the leak of millions of documents from the law firm Mossack Fonseca. Panama's government reacted angrily earlier this week when the Organi

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Australia, meanwhile, has been tilting and sinking. Over the past 100 million years as it has drifted north toward Asia, its leading edge has sunk by some six hundred feet. It appears that Indonesia is very slowly drowning, and dragging Australia dow

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

A very little of this had been known for some time. People laying ocean-floor cables in the nineteenth century had realized that there was some kind of mountainous intrusion in the mid-Atlantic from the way the cables ran, but the continuous nature a

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Ⅱ.完形填空(共25小题,每小题1分:满分25分) 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从26—50各题所给的四个选项中,选出一个最佳答案。 People of Burhngton

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Give me a call! 接电话,最平常的说法是Hello?正式一点是 Hello? This is Baijie 或者 Hello? Baijie speaking.如果你想问谁在打电话,你可以这样问Excuse me, who is this? May I ask who's calling, please?

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语

LESSON 58 FAN AND HER PUPS 第五十八课 方和他的狗仔 Harry ran into the house shouting, Susy, Susy, Susy! come and see what Fan has got! 哈利跑进屋子叫到,苏西,苏西,苏西看看方得到了什么! Susy, hearing her brother

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第一册

Books and Arts; Book Review;Harry Belafonte's autobiography; 文艺;书评;哈利贝拉方特自传; Twentieth-century lion; 上世纪的名流; My Song: A Memoir of Art, Race and Defiance. By Harry Belafonte; 《我的歌:追忆艺术,

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(224) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合