Lewis Hamilton in his racing car All British fans of Formula One racing will look to Shanghai next weekend to see if British driver Lewis Hamilton can live up to the hopes that he can win the World Championship as a novice driver, in his first seaso

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

Older chests reveal themselves Like a crack in a wall Starting small and grow in time And we always seem to need the help Of someone else To mend that shelf Too many books Read me your favourite line Papa went to other lands And he found someone who

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Hello to you all, I'm T. J Holmes. Yes, good morning everybody! I'm Betty Nguyen. Thanks so much for joining us. Alright, Let's get you our top stories right now. John Yettaw, an American sentenced to seven years with hard labor in Myanmar, he is ar

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(八)月

预见未来:Jonas Brothers - Year 3000 Jonas Brothers One day when I came home at lunchtime, I heard a funny noise. Went out to the back yard to find out if it was, One of those rowdy boys. Stood there with my neighbor called Peter, And a Flux Cap

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

68.Taxi 1.Do you think you can get me to the airport before 8:00? 2.Is this taxi taken? 3.Pick me up at the airport at 5:30. 4.Please call at 7:00 p.m. 5.Please send a taxi to the Park Hotel. 6.Taxi! 7.Will you give me a ride to the airport? 8.Please

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语每天说

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. Today we travel to the mountains of Wyoming for a trip to Jackson Hole. VOICE ONE: This beautiful valley was named after the nineteenth-c

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(八)月

The Grand Canyon: Beyond Words 美国大峡谷 难以言表的美 EDITOR'S NOTE: This year, the U.S. National Park Service turns 100. Americans 28th President, Woodrow Wilson, formed the National Park Service in 1916 to protect the wild and wonderful

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

West African Coastal Towns Swallowed by Ocean GRAND-LAHOU, IVORY COAST Rising sea levels and coastal erosion are threatening the homes and livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of people across West Africa. Grand-Lahou, an Ivorian tourist destination,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(七月)

When it was all counted and packed, the pottery-lady told Tonino to hold out his hand while she counted out the money to pay for it. 当一切都清点完毕并收拾好后,陶器店女士叫托尼诺伸出手来,她数出要付的钱。 Tonino h

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

May 27th, 1937, the newly completed Golden Gate Bridge opens to the public, connecting San Francisco and Marin County, California. For the bridges first day, only pedestrians were allowed onto the span. Louis Riogiado helped build the famous suspensi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

Nothing whets the appetite for a road trip quite like America's Wild West. Plan your trip along the Colorado River Scenic Byways and you'll be treated to a natural spectacle like no other. Just take U-9 Zion Park Scenic Byway, ride into Zion National

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

I'm Reggie Aqui at the CNN center in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. He dominated Pakistan for nearly nine years, but in the end he bowed to intense political pressure to resign. President Pervez Musharraf made the annou

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(八)月

GWEN IFILL: In two cases, in two cities, in less than two weeks, two grand juries declined to indict white police officers accused of killing unarmed black men. But in today's case, in New York, it was on tape. Hari Sreenivasan has more on the case o

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Good again; but then all confess that somehow whaling is not respectable. 又有人说,捕鲸业不大体面。 WHALING NOT RESPECTABLE? Whaling is imperial! By old English statutory law, the whale is declared a royal fish. 这大概要看一下捕鲸

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

What's your name? 你叫什么名字 My name is Sarah Hoft. This here, this is Echo. 我叫 Sarah Hoft.这是回声 How old is he? 他几岁 He is a 15-year-old w-yellow-headed amazon. (A kind of parrot) 他15岁。双黄头亚马逊鹦鹉(一种鹦鹉

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

BEIJING, June 9 (Xinhua) -- China is moving to better protect its 2,500-year-old Grand Canal by encouraging public donations and banning unnecessary construction in the area. The Ministry of Culture publicized a set of regulations to protect the Gran

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

这首歌出自歌手Peter Gabriel,他出生地是英国伦敦,是英国音乐家。从前卫摇滚乐队Genesis的主唱开始走红,并在离团后有着成功的单飞生涯。 【歌词】 ove I get so lost, sometimes days pass and this emp

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

1. A grand jury has indicted a 23-year-old Nigerian man accused of trying to blow up a Detroit-bound Northwest Airlines flight on Christmas Day. The six charges include attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and attempted murder. 2. The man ac

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(一月)

He thinks he breathes it first; but not so. 然而,他却自以为先呼吸到;可是并不如此。 In much the same way do the commonalty lead their leaders in many other things, at the same time that the leaders little suspect it. 老百姓在其他

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

文本: I figured out the best way to go see Chestnut. We take the J train to the four to Grand Central. Change trains to Riverdale and walk three blocks to his stable. Sounds exotic. Do I need a travel shot? No, but there's a dicey underpass at G

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音