THIS IS AMERICA - Life for Many Grandparents Not All Fun and Games By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, June 13, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA, in VOA Special English. I'm Steve E

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

1. A mid-March winter storm is grounding flights on the East Coast with airlines canceling hundreds of flights. The storm promises a mix of heavy snow, sleet, and rain, all coming after several days of balmy weather. 2. Lawyers say a grand jury has

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

A: I need a taxi. B: We could easily provide you with a private vehicle, if you'd prefer. A: No, the taxi will do. B: Perhaps you'd like to take a beautiful limousine. A: No, thank you. Taxis and I get along just fine. B: No private vehicle, no limo.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

So what does rafting down the Grand Canyon have to do with science education? 那么大峡谷漂流而下与科学教育有什么关系呢? Ann Reid, former research biologist and current executive director of the National Center for Science Educat

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(八)月

今天我们要学的词儿是finale。 Finale是指大结局。所有孩子都上台来参加最后一个节目的表演,可以说, All the kids came on stage during the grand finale. 教练临退休前,球队赢得了全国冠军,可以说,

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

英语作文 I love traveling. Traveling not only broadens my horizons but also opens my eyes to the world. What's more, it refreshes me. You can go to Disneyland and experience what it's like to be a child again! You can visit one of the seven wonders

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

HAVANA, July 3 (Xinhua) -- A new air route to connect Cienfuegos, a southern Cuban city, with Miami in the U.S. state of Florida, via Grand Cayman will be launched later this year, a local official said Wednesday. The move is intended to promote tour

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

2.尽量使用那些包括两性在内的词,即无性别之分的词(gender-free words), 例如: child, teacher, officer(警官),people, worker, immigrant(移民),voter(投票者,

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Matt Myles, 27, from Hereford, was working gruelling night shifts in a factory when a Euromillions ticket bought on a whim netted him a surprise ?1million windfall. 27岁的马特.迈尔斯来自赫里福郡,一次心血来潮买的欧洲百万乐透

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

In China, everyone knows Li Na, she is the symbol of Chinese tennis athlete, she becomes the first to win grand slam in Asia. Her tennis career is such a great success, but last year, she made an important decision that she retired, it was so suddenl

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

My dear friends, 亲爱的朋友们: For close to fifteen years, we've been a part of each other's lives. As a tennis player representing China on the global stage, I've trekked around the world playing hundreds of matches on the WTA tour, for Chin

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

HONG KONG After a customer canceled a large order at the last minute, shares in Aixtron, a German high-tech company, sank fast. 香港一个客户在最后时刻取消一笔大订单后,德国高科技公司爱思强(Aixtron)的股价迅速下滑。

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LONDON, June 23 (Xinhua) -- China's first Grand Slam champion Li Na said here on Saturday that she hopes to do better this year than her second round loss in last Wimbledon. The 30-year-old shocked the world by breaking through at the French Open to

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

J: to be honest, I was just dumped. M: oh, I'm sorry to hear that. You can go on a holiday to cheer up. J: no, thanks. I'm not in the mood for traveling. M: come on. A trip will do you good. Are you doing anything this weekend? J: I was planning on d

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

MELBOURNE, Jan. 29 (Xinhua) -- Defending champion and world No. 1 Novak Djokovic won his third Australian Open title after beating 10-time Grand Slam winner Rafael Nadal of Spain 5-7, 6-4, 6-2, 6-7 (5) and 7-5 in a historic final here Sunday evening.

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

听歌学英语:That I Would be Good(孙燕姿) 孙燕姿的歌一向都很打动人,今天我们要学习的这首That I Would be Good来自她的Start自选辑,这首歌的原唱是Alanis Morissette。这是一首慢歌,在喃喃自语中表

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

LONDON, Jan. 28 (Xinhua) -- Beijing will become one of the six places to host the inaugural Paralympic grand prix events in 2013, it was announced by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) on Monday. Should the trial be successful then we will

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

MELBOURNE, Jan. 25 (Xinhua) -- London Olympics and U.S. Open champion Andy Murray reached his third Australian Open final here on Friday after beating 17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer 6-4, 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-7(2), 6-2 in four hours. Murray domin

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Grand Canyon 科罗拉多大峡谷 What is the biggest canyon in the United States? 美国最大的峡谷是哪个? It is the Grand Canyon in Arizona. 它是位于亚利桑那州的科罗拉多大峡谷。 The Grand Canyon national park is one of t

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第7册

Pigtails The cutest smiles But it's all delusion Kneesocks The sweetest eyes It's just a grand illusion When they're bad they just get better Like saints full of sin and again the constrictor queens will shed their skin All the naughty lordi girls Th

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲