你吃过紫色的西红柿吗,这是科学家研究出来的一个新品种,是不是很神奇呢? Rob: Hello Im Rob. Welcome to 6 Minute English. With me today is Finn. Hello Finn. Finn: Hello Rob. Rob: Now Finn, I'd like to start by asking y

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

Hello. My name is Birke Baehr, and Im 11 years old. I came here today to talk about whats wrong with our food system. First of all, I would like to say that Im really amazed at how easily kids are led to believe all the marketing and advertising on T

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-I

The UK exports more food to Ireland than to Canada, China, Japan, Russia, Saudi Arabia and South Korea combined. 英国出口到爱尔兰的食品比出口到加拿大、中国、日本、俄罗斯、沙特阿拉伯和韩国加起来的还要多。 T

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

AGRICULTURE REPORT - Gene Researchers Work on Flood-Resistant RiceBy Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Rice plants normally grow w

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十)月

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke are sitting down at this hour with congressional leaders to discuss the widening economic crisis. Stock prices rebounded sharply today. That followed a report the administration has a ne

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台九月

This is scientific American's 60-Second Science, I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? The yeast Candida albicans ekes out a quiet living in our gut. But its a tough life. It faces acids and enzymes, and the immune system always bullies invaders.

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. As we recover from the holiday weekend, there is some intoxicating news on curbing the effects of alcohol. In the May 29th issue of Cell, scientists report

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

Food safety seems to be a big issue nowadays. I cant remember it being such a big problem years ago. With todays technology, it shouldnt be a problem. But it is. In fact, there are many problems. In my country, GM food is a big issue. People do not w

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-F

3. This success, coupled with later research showing that memory itself is not genetically determined, led Erics-son to conclude that the act of memorizing is more of a cognitive exercise than an intuitive one. 【分析】复合句。句子主干是

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Lifestyle Causes Myopia 1 Contrary to popular belief, people in East Asia are no more genetically susceptible 2 to short - sightedness than any other population group, according to researchers who hav

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(232) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

提起蚊子的天敌,我们第一时间想到的是蚊香,但是现在科学家有了更好的办法:以蚊攻蚊,让带有基因缺陷的转基因蚊子去对付它的自然同伴,最后让蚊虫家族自行灭绝。这种转基因雄性蚊

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

People are living longer 人们现在越活越久 and societies are getting grayer. 社会也逐渐变得老龄化 You hear about it all the time. 你可能总是听到别人这么说 You read about it in your newspapers. 你也从报纸上如是读到

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Plans to build the UK's first nuclear power plant in a generation have been delayed by the British government, hours after the French energy company EDF agreed to go ahead with it. The new British Business Secretary Greg Clark said he wants to carefu

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

More than 100 Nobel laureates have signed a letter urging Greenpeace to end its opposition to genetically modified organisms (GMOs). The letter asks Greenpeace to cease its efforts to block introduction of a genetically engineered strain of rice that

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Science and technology 科学技术 Cell biology 细胞生物学 On your marks... 各就各位 The first cell race in history may further knowledge about how cancers spread 历史上的首次细胞赛跑,可能增进了解有关癌症如何扩散的知

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

根据对GRE填空题型的把握,以及对大陆考生在填空题中易错情况的分析,建议大家单词的掌握要达到理解用法的程度,而不仅仅是知道汉语意思。 由准备旧GRE考试沿袭下来的背单词的方法如今

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

简单句 1广告给我们提供了很多有用的信息。 Advertisements provide us with much useful information. 2旅游者有机会体验一种完全不同的文化。 Tourists have chance to experience a completely different culture. 3它需要政

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research traced the professional activity of 5,000 men in Indonesia for seven years. 国家经济局在一项历时7年的研究中,追踪记录了印度尼西亚5000名男性的职业历程。 By the end,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

More and more Americans are examining their own genetic information to find answers about health issues and family history. And more and more are also doing the same for their dogs. Genetic testing for dogs has increased in recent years. Several comp

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月

TPO12 Lecture 1 6. What does the professor mainly discuss?(主旨题) A. How genes control human development. B. Why various types of human cells divide at different rates. C. How human chromosomes differ from one another. D. Why most human cells

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(231) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语