This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Princess Ahmose-Meryet-Amon enjoyed a privileged lifestyle in what is now Luxor about 3,500 years ago. But she may not have been a happy princess towar

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

For many people summer equals tomatoes. Thats when folks can get their hands on gorgeous heirloom and traditional varieties, full of tomatoey flavor. Such tomatoes provide a stark contrast to year-round supermarket ones, famous for tasting like, well

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

[00:00.63] 4.The Father of Genetics [00:04.55]His name is introduced to biology students, but often forgotten after the final exam. [00:10.76]His pioneering discoveries went unnoticed by the world until years after his death. [00:15.88]But now, in th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 温馨夜读II

From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. 这是美国之音英语学习关于健康与生活的报道。 In the future, chemicals from plants found in and around the Mediterranean may be used to help treat people with brain dis

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(二)月

为实现自己的留学之梦,无数学生默默地在GRE考试中付出自己辛勤的汗水。所有GRE高分故事背后都有值得我们学习的GRE备考经验。相信这样的一个个GRE高分故事能够在你备考GRE考试的过程中送

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

One of the concerns about working with genetically modified crops has been that vegetation growing in agricultural fields might escape out into the world. Now, for the first time in the U.S., researchers report a large population of GM crops beyond t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Scientists are working to develop crop plants that can reduce the amount of water used for agriculture. Almost sixty percent of the world's freshwater withdrawals from rivers, lakes and other water

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(十一)月

Sleeping and Dreaming of Comets From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. Im Jim Tedder. And Im Caty Weaver. Today, we tell how sleep helps to keep our brains healthy. We have a report about what South African researchers are calling Ea

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Salmonella Turned Into Cancer Killing Super Bug 沙门氏菌已转化为杀死癌细胞的超级战士 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health and Lifestyle Report. Not many people consider a bacterium that makes millions of people sick a frien

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Hello. My name is Birke Baehr, and I'm 11 years old. I came here today to talk about what's wrong with our food system. First of all, I would like to say that I'm really amazed at how easily kids are led to believe all the marketing and advertising o

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

They are extremely awkward on land, and not exactly graceful in the water. But there's something endearing about these egg-laying mammals. Platypuses can only be found in the rivers, streams and lakes along the east coast of Australia. But they range

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

How do you measure a chickens happiness? Is it in the way it runs for food? Or by how much time it spends cleaning itself? To find the answers to these questions, researchers in Canada are putting 16 kinds of chickens through a series physical and me

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

MEGAN THOMPSON: The Hawaiian island of Kauai is known as the garden isle, luring hundreds of thousands of tourists to its lush northern shores. But fewer make it down to the drier southwest side, home to many native Hawaiians, whove lived here for ge

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

神探夏洛克第二季第二集_19 你真的没事吗? 瞧你脸色煞白 Are you sure you're OK? You look very peaky. 没事 我很好 No, I'm all right. 想知道的话 那是水母里的绿色荧光蛋白基因 It was the GFP gene from a jellyfi

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 神探夏洛克第二季

Are Parasites to Thank for Sex? A study in the journal The American Naturalist implies that parasites helped drive the development of sex, because the shuffling of genes gives sex-produced progeny an advantage over asexual genetic clones. Cynthia Gr

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

14 科技新闻摘要(三) DATE=5-1-01 TITLE=SCIENCE IN THE NEWS #2122 - Digest BYLINE=Staff VOICE ONE: This is Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And this is Sarah Long with Science in the News, a VOA Speci

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Do Peru's potatoes have the right stuff? 秘鲁的土豆能经受住考验吗? That's the question scientists will be asking in Lima next month, when a selection of tubers will begin undergoing tests to determine whether they're fit to grow on Mars

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

American-style football is seeking an entry into India. But it is unclear whether a country that has a single-minded obsession with cricket will take to this all-American sport. That's because although American-style football ranks among the top favo

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

China hasn't approved any planting of genetically modified organism (GMO) grains, Agricultural Minister Han Changfu said at a news conference on the sidelines of the ongoing legislative and political advisory meetings. 两会期间,农业部部长韩

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻