'After Twenty Years,' by O.Henry 二十年后 by 欧亨利 We present the short story After Twenty Years, by O. Henry. The story was originally adapted and recorded by the U.S. Department of State. The cop moved along the street, looking strong and i

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

'The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky' by Stephen Crane: Part One 新娘来到黄天镇 by 斯蒂芬 克莱恩 1 From VOA Learning English, this is American Stories! Our story is called The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky. It was written by Stephen Crane. We will

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

A: Did you hear about the robbery? B: Did I hear about it? I saw it happen. A: Are you serious? B: I was there. A: What happened? B: A man came into the bank with a gun. A: That's insane. B: I was so scared when I saw the gun. A: Then what happened?

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

It was anniversary and Ria (Wife) was waiting for her husband to show up. After some years of marriage things changed between them. Once cute couple who couldnt live without each other now had turned bit bitter. 这是一个周年纪念日,利亚在等

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

托福语法过去完成进行时: A 形式过去完成进行时是由 had been+现在分词构成,因此无人称变化: I had/Id been workingthey had not/hadnt been workinghad you been working? had you not/hadnt you been working? 凡不能用于

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

A barber gave a haircut to a priest one day. The priest tried to pay for the haircut but the barber refused saying, You do God's work. The next morning the barber found a dozen bibles at the door to his shop. A policeman came to the barber for a hair

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

What are you going to do this evening. Jill? I'm going to meet some friends, Dad. You mustn't come home late. You must be home at half past ten. I can't get home so early, Dad! Can I have the key to the front door, please? No, you can't. Jill's 18 ye

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习乐园

The Guardian of the Gates led them through the streets until they came to a big building, 守城门的人,引导他们穿过了一些街道,直走到一所大厦的前面, exactly in the middle of the City, which was the Palace of Oz, the Great

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz

歌词如下: This old man, he played one. He played knick-knack on my thumb. With a knick-knack, patty-whack. Give a dog a bone. This old man, he played two. He played knick-knack on my shoe This old man, he played three. He played knick-knack on

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语儿歌274首

唐顿庄园第一季第三集_3 [INT. CRAWLEY HOUSE - NIGHT] [Isobel reads the contents of a letter aloud.] ISOBEL CRAWLEY She asks if we can both dine on Saturday. There are two young men staying, so you won't be so outnumbered for once. MATTHEW CR

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

Vacationing on the island of Oahu, we were waiting in our tour bus for some stragglers to show up. A man, obviously not with our group, approached the bus and was about to board. How would our driver handle the situation, we wondered. Straight-faced,

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

The Last Goodnight-- Push Me Away Why can't you begin to understand? You're only happy when you're sad and it's killing me We can talk, we can cry, we can tell each other lies And call this our goodbye This is no kind of relationship It's all stresse

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Three engineers and three accountants are traveling by train to a conference. At the station, the three accountants each buy tickets and watch as the threeengineers buy only a single ticket. How are three people going to travel on only one ticket? as

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

1. To be able to read a good book without screaming, fighting, and whining. 能读到一本没有尖叫,没有战斗,没有牢骚的好书。 2. To be able to eat chocolate every single day without it affecting my waistline. 能够每天都吃巧克

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

比较级前通常不用冠词,但有时也用,这主要见于以下情形: 1. 当比较级后接名词时,比较级前可能用冠词,此时的冠词不是修饰比较级,而是修饰其后的名词。如: This watch is too expensive.

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

无所谓的8种犀利英语表达 1. be ok (fine) with 对无碍,不要紧 Whatever you think is fine with me. 随你怎么想,我无所谓。 2. give a damn 不在乎,不感兴趣(永远用于否定形式) He couldnt give a damn whether he pa

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Stroeve accompanied me unwillingly. 施特略夫心有不甘地跟在我后面。 His own plan was to run up and down the streets that led out of the Avenue de Clichy and ask at every house if Strickland lived there. 他本来打算在同克利舍路相

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

Mom was very proud that she'd lost ten pounds. On the way to the store with my husband and me she talked of little else. We dropped her off in the lingerie department, but when we returned, we couldn't find her. Thinking she might be in the fitting r

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out.别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。Sometimes in life,有时候在生活中,You find a special friend;你会找到一个特别的朋友;Someone who changes your life just by be

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

The Smartest Dog 最聪明的狗 A butcher is working, and really busy. He notices a dog in his shop and shoos him away. 一个肉贩在工作,而且很忙。他发现一只狗在他的店里,就把它轰走了。 Later, the dog is back again. He

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人