He shook the squeeze bottle of mustard. The lift-top opened up. Did any mustard come out? He looked on the floor. He didn't see any mustard. He looked on the countertop. He didn't see any mustard. He squeezed mustard onto his two hot dogs. The next d

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Exercise 1-38: Consistent Noun Stress in Changing Verb Tenses This is a condensed exercise for you to practice simple intonation with a wide range of verb tenses. When you do the exercise the first time, go through stressing only the nouns Dogs eat b

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

In the USA, July is National Hot Dog Month. The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council decided that National Hot Dog Day would be around July 23rd every year. In fact, Hot Dog Day is celebrated outside of the USA too. There are celebrations in Canada,

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

In the USA, July is National Hot Dog Month. The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council decided that National Hot Dog Day would be around July 23rd every year. In fact, Hot Dog Day is celebrated outside of the USA too. There are celebrations in Canada,

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Animal Farm by George Orwell Within a few weeks Snowball's plans for the windmill were fully worked out. The mechanical details came mostly from three books which had belonged to Mr. Jones--'One Thousand Useful Things to Do About the House', 'Every M

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Crufts winner 2006. Picture courtesy of the Kennel Club of Great Britain Fireworks, music and theatre have been some of the ways in which the Chinese community in Britain has been celebrating the start of the Year of the Dog it has been quite a part

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

Dogs Trained to Smell Low Blood Sugar Levels May Save Lives Dogs can be trained to use their sense of smell to recognize illegal drugs and explosives. So Mark Ruefenacht wondered if the animals also could recognize changes in the blood sugar level of

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

What If Dogs Think We Are Immortal? 如果在狗狗眼里,人类是不老的神会怎么样? Someone posted that concept on Tumblr, and the responses that came in brought tears to my eyes. 有人把这个想法分享在Tumblr上,让我感动不已

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

In a jungle there lived a pack of jackals. They would hunt together to eat from the left-overs of the lions meal. One of the jackals was getting a little old. All the younger jackals bullied him and did not allow him to share the food. I have to do s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

Todd: So, wait, Lucinda, you said you lived in the country, and you said you could not have pets at your house? Lucinda: Yes, because we didn't own our house and we're on kind of a nature reserve so that any animal that could be dangerous to the wild

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Things You (Probably) Dont Know About the 4th of July 你可能不知道的7月4号 This day will be remembered in American history, wrote John Adams in 1776. People will honor it with fireworks and celebrations. He was talking about the second of Ju

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Larry真准备跟李华一起出去吃饭,外面突然下起了瓢泼大雨。今天我们要学两个常用语:it's raining cats and dogs和I'm so hungry I could eat a horse. LH: Larry, 我好象从来没见过这么大的雨。 LL: I know, it's

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

When the President of the World enters an alien spaceship for the first time, the TV cameras are there to broadcast it live as it happens. Marlow and I watched in the TV room of the Presidents Summer Palace. We saw the two Parrots hop out of a limous

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

I am not a religious person myself, but I did look for nature. 我不信教,但我尊重自然。 I had spent my first sabbatical in New York City. Looked for something different for the second one. 我的第一个长修假是在纽约市度过的,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Chapter 4 Unit 1 likes and dislikes Conversation 1 Man: Hi, Linda, glad to meet you here. How are you? Woman: Fine, thank you. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. I bought a tie for him as a birthday present. Man: Oh, a tie is a good present for a man

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 交际英语热门话题

Robyn Williams: One of humanity's first innovations was an alliance with dogs, 40,000 years ago at least. Just look at the article on wolves in this week's New Scientist magazine. One great advantage of wolves and dogs is they are smart, as Stanley C

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

21Some time later there was an incident involving a vineyard belonging to Naboth the Jezreelite. The vineyard was in Jezreel, close to the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. 2Ahab said to Naboth, Let me have your vineyard to use for a vegetable garden,

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 列王记

Business Pet care in Latin America Man's best amigo 商业 拉丁美洲的宠物护理业 人类最好的朋友 Profits from pooches are more than petty cash 从小狗身上挣到的,可不止是小钱 BLISS spreads across Lalo's face as his glossy

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Books and Arts; Book Review;Human beings and dogs;Man's best friend; 文艺;书评;人类与狗狗;人类最好的朋友; Scientific research throws new light on a very old partnership 科学研究赋予这一古老的伴侣关系以新的内涵

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列