Americans love pets. And it's not just puppy love, either. Many pet owners treat theirfurry friends as part of the family. Sometimes they spice up their pets' lives with entertaining videos and amusing toys. If they have an eye for fashion, pet owner

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

2008年普通高等学校招生全国统一考试(湖北卷) 英语 第一部分:听力(共两节,满分30分) 第一节(共5 小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分) 听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 历年高考英语听力

This is Richard, and I am back with the first part of a new Astropup serial. In case you have not heard our space-travelling before, You need to know that his comrades are a human called Marlow and a megalomaniac parrot. As ever, Astropup relates his

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

The Planet of the Cats. The second and concluding part of our venture into outer space (see part one here). To recap Bonzo the dog better known as Astropup was an ordinary pet dog belonging to Jenny. When his family moved to Kuwait, Pa gave him to th

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Adrienne: So, Mary, who are these guys here? Mary: This one's Piper. She's seven. She just had a birthday in October, and this one's Daisy, she's got kind of an older face on her. I think she's probably about nine years old. Adrienne: Are these your

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Shiloh: So you guys don't have larger animals but you still have smaller ones like possums and raccoons. Do they cause problems? I know they're a nuisance for the garbage and things like that. Adria: Yeah, actually, even though I live in kind of a su

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Everyone needs a pet. Its really cool to look after an animal of some kind, or even a bird or insect. Ive always had pets. When I grew up, we had three dogs, five cats, a tortoise and loads of rabbits. I lost count of the number of rabbits we had. Pe

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

A: Why the long face? B: I'm getting sick of work man. I can't take the political bull in the company any more. A: Did you just get your review or something? B: Yeah, but that's not why I am upset. I just found out another guy got a promotion. He doe

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 对话类英语听力

1. What is the man's name? A. His name is Robert. B. The man's name is Ronald. C. The man goes by Russel. 2. The man was born in ____________. A. in Texas B. in California C. in Canada 3. What does the man do for a living? A. He works as a teacher. B

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Business Pet care in Latin America Man's best amigo 商业 拉美的宠物喂养 人类最好的朋友 Profits from pooches are more than petty cash 狗用品市场的利润可不是不容小觑 BLISS spreads across Lalo's face as his glossy black lo

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

神探夏洛克第二季第二集_7 酣睡得像个婴儿 Like a baby. 才怪呢 呼噜打得震天响 That's not true. He's a snorer. 喂 家丑不可外扬 Hey, ssh. 你男朋友也打呼么? Is yours a snorer? 有卖薯片吗? Got any crisps? 嗯 不

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 神探夏洛克第二季

带领狗群的那只蓝色的昆士兰大猛犬对这位神父非常亲近,绝对服从,这意味着在它们眼中弗兰克毫无疑问是处于次要地位。弗兰克兰半点儿也没在意,在帕迪的几个儿子中他是唯一的不喜欢

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

Sometimes theres a topic that doesnt quite defy explanation but certainly gives one pause in the undertaking. Lucky usthats where we find ourselves today. Why gerunds take a possessive before them. Oy. What's a Gerund? Lets start with what a gerund i

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

61 嗅觉灵敏的小猎犬 DATE=7-3-01 TITLE=AGRICULTURE REPORT - Beagle Brigade BYLINE=George Grow (Start at 1'00

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 文化聚焦

ActaeonWhen she was tired with hunting Artemis used to take a bath in a little mountain spring.One hot summer afternoon she was playing in the cool,quiet water with her maidens when she heard a rustle behind the bushes .She felt quite angry to

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A bizarre new dog grooming trend in Taiwan has dog owners giving their pet pooches square or round haircuts. Canine hairdressers all over Taipei are up to date on the special technique required for these eccentric makeovers. 台湾刮起了一阵奇怪

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天我们要学的词是staple。 Staple, 做为名词,指必不可少的东西。 Rice is a staple in the region, 米饭是这个地区居民的主食。 Hot dogs are a staple for barbecue parties in the summer, 热狗是夏天烧烤餐会不可缺

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

A dog in China who was the only companion to a single local resident has refused to leave him even after his death. 68-year-old Lao Pan, died in November in the village of Panjiatun. And his dog disappeared shortly afterwards. Later, villagers found

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

If your dog destroys the furniture when you are away, it could be a pessimist, researchers have concluded。 A study has found that some dogs are natural gloom-mongers while others have sunnier dispositions。 We know that people's emotional states a

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Chapter 5 Nikolai Rostov meanwhile remained at his post, waiting for the wolf. By the way the hunt approached and receded, by the cries of the dogs whose notes were familiar to him, by the way the voices of the huntsmen approached, receded, and rose,

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著