In the land of rock and roll, the space shuttle, and computerized living, who could imagine that about 50,000 Americans do not use telephones, electric lights, or cars, not because they are poor, but

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(308) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄高级美国英语

[00:-1.00]THE MANY MEANINGS OF COLOUR [00:-2.00]The study of colour is a fascinating mixture of scientific fact [00:-3.00]and emotional guesswork. [00:-4.00]Colour is basic to all of us,and affects our lives in many ways. [00:-5.00]Swiss psychologist

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语牛津版高二

07 Moving in Together GLOSSARY to go out to date someone; to be involved in a romantic relationship withsomeone, but not be married* Did you hear that Wendy and Gil started going out last month? heart-to-heart a serious and sincere conversation betwe

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

Greg: Where are you going? Anne: Im going to see another doctor to get a second opinion. My doctor diagnosed me with a serious medical condition and I dont want to take it at face value. Greg: Youre second- guessing your doctor? Anne: No, I just want

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

50 总统轶事--罗斯福和达夫特(2) DATE=8-9-2001 TITLE=THE MAKING OF A NATION #153 - THEODORE ROOSEVELT nbsp; VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- A PROGRAM IN SPECIAL ENGLISH. (THEME) June

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 政治经济

Question is, who is going to live at 10 Downing Street? The UK is trying to figure that out after last week's parliamentary elections. None of the parties got a majority of seats. So now, a scramble is on. In the UK, people vote for members of parlia

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(五)月

On election day, where do you vote? If its in a church, you might be inclined to vote more conservatively than if you cast your ballot at a school or government building. Thats according to reserch published in the international journal for the psych

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Legal experts had a lot to discuss this week. President Bush intervened to keep a former top administration official out of prison. And last week the Supreme Court ended its first full term with two Bush ap

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(七)月

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Conservative Christians, known in America as the religious right, lost one of their best-known leaders this week. Jerry Falwell died Tuesday shortly after being found unconscious in his Virginia office. He

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(五)月

AS IT IS 2016-09-14 Muslim-Americans Turning to the Democratic Party 美国穆斯林人转向民主党 Muslim voters in the United States are increasingly moving toward the Democratic Party. They are expected to vote in record numbers for Democrat Hi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

BBC Learning English Weekender Hair partings Yvonne:Today, men want the right hairstyle just as much as women do. And the way men part their hair can make that look complete but should men part their hair on the left or on the right? Hello, I'm Yvon

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 Weekender

基础的英文简历格式类型 There are three basic types of resumes: Chronological, Functional, and combined Chronological - Functional. To see what these styles look like, get a resume book. They are usually terrible guides for how to write an

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Britain Politics 英国政治 Tribes of Tories 托利党的派系纷争 The Conservative Party increasingly resembles a patchwork of pressure groups. That is a bad sign for its leader 保守党越来越像压力团体一锅烩,党魁遭遇坏势头

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

take the pledge的意思是发誓要戒酒(to promise to abstain from drinking alcohol)。 例句: I'm not ready to take the pledge yet, but I will cut down. 我还没准备好完全戒酒,不过我会少喝的。 My aunt tried to get me to take

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

本期内容: The Leave camp won a narrow victory51.9% of the votein Britains Brexit referendum. David Cameron, who led the Remain campaign, resigned as Conservative leaderbut wont step down as prime minister until the party elects his successor. M

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Former French Prime Minister Francois Fillon appears to be on his way to winning Sunday's conservative party presidential primary. 法国前总理弗朗索瓦?菲永看来将获得星期天举行的总统大选保守党初选。 Early returns give Fi

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Voting habits 投票习惯 Movers and voters 搬家与选票 Why moving house makes people more right-wing 为何搬家会让人更右翼 DO PEOPLE move to Conservative bastions in shires and small-town England because they tend to vote Tory? Or do t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

THE night before Republicans in Alabama and Mississippi voted in their primaries, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum made their final appeals at a forum in an ornate old theatre in downtown Birmingham. Mitt Romney, whom Mr Gingrich has relentlessly deri

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

本期内容: IsGooglebiasedagainstpoliticallyconservativeusersandinfavorofpoliticallyliberalones? That'ssomethingthatanumberofRepublicans, includingU.S.PresidentDonaldTrumphaveaccusedGoogleofbeing, andRepresentativeLamarSmith,aRepublicanfromTexas,

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Key Sentences(重点句子) 470.I'd like to order a cake and have it sent to my home.我想订块蛋糕请你们送到我家。 471.What size of cake did you have in mind? 您想订什么规格的蛋糕? 472.I'd like to have a cake for 8

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语