Callum: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English, I'm Callum Robertson and with me todayis Kate, hello Kate. Kate: Hello Callum. Callum: Today we're going 'down under' - Kate, where's that, where's 'down under'? Kate: 'Down under' means Australia. Callu

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

EXPLORATIONS - Laura Hillenbrands 'Unbroken' Is a Story of Survival and Heroism STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we discuss the best-selling book Unbroken, by wr

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Health Report - A Study Looks at Environmental Influences on Children 健康报道 - 美国开始研究环境和遗传因素对儿童的影响 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 One of the

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Turkey detained more suspected followers of clergyman Fethullah Gulen on Friday, police and media reported. Turkish officials accuse Gulen of directing a plot aimed at overthrowing the government in July 2016. The overthrow attempt failed. Gulen has

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

[00:00.00]Module 8 IN A MUSEUM [00:07.39]UNIT 1 I'm really excited to be here. [00:12.59]1 Listen and read. Then say. [00:17.92]Thanks for bringing me to the Science Museum [00:20.03]today, Dad. [00:21.66]I'm really excited to be here. [00:24.25]Ther

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 外研社新标准初中英语九年级

Mr. Chairman, ladies and gentlemen, I need not pause to say how very delighted I am to be here tonight, and how very delighted I am to see you expressing your concern about the issues that will be discussed tonight by turning out in such large number

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is sentence fragments. I often imagine that listeners are writing articles and essays and books, but I was recently reminded that some people make their living writing shorter things like headlines and ad copy, and th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is how to format questions. You think you already know this, don't you? I wonder if you're right. Everybody knows how write a plain vanilla question: What's new? They're called direct questions. But there are trickier

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Pentagon says Iranian fighter jet attacks U.S. drone WASHINGTON, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- Iranian fighter jet has attacked a U.S. drone but missed, so the unmanned American aircraft suffered no damage and returned safely to base, the U.S. Defense Departmen

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hi! Happy new year! We hope you had a wonderful break. My name is Carl Azuz, and CNN Student News is kicking off 2010 right here, right now. First up, U.S. government closes its embassy in the Middle Eastern country of Yemen, and that is because of s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(一)月

Japanese officials have decided to legally enforce an exclusion zone within 20 kilometers of the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant starting at midnight Thursday. Japan's Kyodo news agency reports that Prime Minister Naoto Kan will announce the new res

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Indeed, for a living being there is no such thing as true silence, for silence itself is a revelation of the mind and the heart, an echo of the soul of a different form. Some people use silence as a disguise of the emptiness of the head. Some use it

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

COIMBRA, Portugal, April 14 (Xinhua) -- Benfica won a fourth successive Portuguese League Cup on Saturday after beating Gil Vicente 2-1 in the final. Rodrigo gave Benfica a 30th-minute lead, but Gil Vicente levelled through Ze Luis on 78 minutes. But

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Working Experience(工作经验)(I = Interviewer. A = Applicant)I:Please tell me your present job. A:I am working in a garment factory. My present job is to inspect the quality of products. comparatively speaking, quality control is rather simple. Al

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

BBC Learning English People and Places Pen Hadow William:Hello and welcome to People and Places. My names William Kremer. Coming up in the programme today, were going to practise listening and [strange noise] and well be finding out what that strang

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 人与地方

Extention of Letter of Credit 展延信用证 (1) Dear Sirs, (Re: Your L/C No. AG4582) We have received your L/C No. AG4582 for the amount of £2,960 to cover your Order No.860 for 20 metric tons of. The said credit calls for shipment on or before t

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Cara Dillon(卡拉狄龙/卡兰迪伦),爱尔兰民谣歌手,1975年7月21日出生于北爱尔兰Londonderry(伦敦德里)(北爱尔兰西北部一自治社区,位于贝尔法斯特市西北)的Dungiven。 英文歌词: Green grows the laurel, soft falls the dew, Sorry was I love when parting fr

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Yemen plane's black box located 也门飞机黑盒子已找到 One of the black box flight recorders from the Yemeni plane which crashed in the Indian Ocean on Tuesday has been located, a French official has said. Efforts to retrieve (取回,恢复) the record

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Make believe Nothing is real until you feel it It all comes clear The future's in our hands I've been falling down the stairs again Screaming in vain I paint the world I shape you I am longing to be with you I am lost to you I am lost to you Right be

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Unit 3 The Best Thing That Could Ever Happen 单元 3 最棒的事 Three old men were sitting around and talking. 三个老头坐在一起聊天。 The 80-year-old remarked, The best thing that could happen to me would just to be able to have a good

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人