All right. A Rhode Island High School that fired all of its teachers now plans to give them their jobs back. The news comes after Central Falls High School and the teachers union agreed on some new standards. Nearly a hundred teachers were fired beca

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(五)月

嘉宾:Debbie Mason 话题:Why Do Children Lie? 孩子为何说谎? 单词拼写: 1、Imaginary:想象的 2、Establish:set up 3、Privacy:personal secret 4、Punishment:bearing consequences of ones fault or mistake or crime 重点俚语

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 聆听悦耳英音

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: What do you call a lawsuit that appears to be intended to suppress public speech? RS: To critics it's a SLAPP -- a strategic lawsuit against public participation. University of De

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

1. cellophane /'seləfeɪn/ -- cellulose substance that shows through; transparent cellulose substance used as a wrapper When used as a wrapper, cellophane lets the purchaser see the contents of the package. 用玻璃纸包装使购买者能看到包内

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

A: What classes have you been taking? B: Ive been taking my GE classes. A: Thats it? B: Thats all that I need right now. A: Why havent you been taking any other classes? B: Im taking classes so that I can transfer soon. A: What classes have you taken

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

Henry Ford Made the Automobile Industry an Important Part of the Nation's Economy Ford's Model T was the last of the early cars in the brave, new world of automobile development. ANNOUNCER: People in America, a program in Special English on the Voice

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

William looked at his bowl of soup. It was chicken soup. There was white rice in the soup. William liked rice. There were pieces of chicken in the soup. William loved chicken. The pieces of chicken were white. They were small and square. They werent

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Joe was in the hospital and it was time for lunch. He looks at his lunch and says,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

Like a small boat On the ocean Sending big waves Into motion Like how a single word Can make a heart open I might only have one match But I can make an explosion And all those things I didn't say Wrecking balls inside my brain I will scream them loud

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

AGRICULTURE REPORT – October 8, 2002: Raising Chickens By Gary Garriott (Photo - Peace Corps) This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Raising chickens or other birds for the eggs and mea

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Supplement: Some Useful Sentences on Transport Insurance 有关装运和保险的常用语句 (1) We have been put to considerable inconvenience by the long delay in delivery. We must insist on immediate delivery, otherwise we shall be compelled to c

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Katharine Jefferts Schori leads a church with over two million members in 16 countries Adam Philips | New York 26 April 2010 At the Bolling Air Force Base chapel, Katharine Jefferts Schori blesses a young airman before he leaves for a tour in the Mid

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

For 90 years, Wenatchee has celebrated the Apple Blossom Festival. It is a huge event that takes place, as the title suggests, in Spring. At that time of year, the valley becomes full of the color(our) and smell of pink apple blossoms. The festival c

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

WASHINGTON, Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- The journal Science on Thursday chose the HPTN 052 clinical trial, an international HIV prevention trial as the 2011 Breakthrough of the Year. The study found that if HIV-infected heterosexual individuals begin taking

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

free, I'm running free Face to face with me running free, running free I'm drifting far away When pride is falling down and leaving me out And face to face with this no breathing sight I see them moving rapidly away, Ooh! And follow them into the lig

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Haunted by desire the anguish takes in Controlled by demons I must give in Fly into a place I just died Can you see the world with my eyes It's a beautiful scene But I have tasted what can be unreal Carried by angels flying free I am gone going by fa

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

The clouds begin to fade away The sun will shine again But I am left in a desert of pain It's seems I've lost this game --- bridge --- Now I'm standing all alone Alone with all the memories I cry --- chorus --- So close every time I see you My mind i

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Lost and scared it's cold I'm lying on the ground Before this scene My sketch of life was different Free from the pain It seems that life is ending I hear your voice You wait inside my head I am everywhere but I'm far away I am falling apart Descendi

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Speeding towards me, noiseless, not a sound A racing bullet, comes to take me out Eyes are spread, my body's paralyzed My chest is pierced I am marked for all of time I feel my veins are flooded Forever memorized deep in my soul Leaving me in phases,

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲