11 Engrid Bergman 11 英格利褒曼 Playing nuns, saints and missionaries, Engrid Bergman became the Hollywood star everyone loved. 英格利褒曼,扮演过修女、圣女,成为人见人爱的好莱坞明星。 Bright, beautiful, pure as the d

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之演员明星

10.The Sad Young Men Rod W. Horton and Herbert W. Edwards 1 No aspect of life in the Twenties has been more commented upon and sensationally romanticized than the so-called Revolt of the Younger Generation. The slightest mention of the decade brings

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

Today, were launching a new podcast: Business Skills 360. Free Resources: Transcript | Game Quiz Business Skills 360 will focus on the soft skills essential to your success in business. The BusinessEnglish360.com website is also a social networking p

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语求职面试培训

Turkey Provides Schools for Syrian Refugee Children School for displaced Syrians Gaziantep's school for Syrian refugees. These fourth graders are studying in their native Arabic though their coursework follows Turkey's curriculum. They also are learn

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(二月)

BOB DOUGHTY: Im Bob Doughty. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about a museum in New York City. It celebrates the people from different nations who came to the United States to live many year

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

A mentor is someone who teaches or advises a younger person with less experience. January is National Mentoring Month in the United States. This is a time for calling attention to the value of mentoring. Some mentoring programs connect adults with ch

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Andrea: Hello, Im Andrea Rose and youre listening to bbclearningenglish.com. Today in Entertainment, we speak to well-known American horror writer Stephen King, who has just released his new novel, Blaze. The author of over 50 best-selling horror no

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

World Penguin Day happens on or around April 25th each year. This is the time when millions of penguins migrate north. Unlike other birds that migrate each year, penguins do not fly. Instead, they walk, or waddle to their new home and breeding ground

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

World Mental Health Day is on October the 10th every year. It was started by the World Federation for Mental Health in 1992. The MentalHealth.org website says: It is a unified effort to promote greater public awareness and understanding of mental hea

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Today's topic is prepositions. Here's a typical listener question: I wanted to know if you could do a podcast on not ending a sentence with prepositions. Just as Harry Potter was unfairly labeled undesirable number one in the latest J.K. Rowling book

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

I had lots of pen pals. Very few of my pen pals have met because they live abroad. I got a phone call from Jenny, my Dutch pen pal, since she will live in my house next week. How interesting will be to me someone that I knew through letters! I can n

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

She won the contest. She won the Rose Queen contest. She was the new queen for the Rose Parade. She was so happy. She would be in the parade on New Years Day. She was so excited. She would be on TV. Millions of people would see her. She would wave to

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Grammar Girl here. Today guest-writer Bonnie Trenga will help us talk about which clauses and whether its OK to start a sentence with oneor a new paragraph. Incomplete Sentences Sentences that are missing something, such as a subject or a predicate,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

THIS IS AMERICA - October 14, 2002: Patents and Inventions By George Grow VOICE ONE: An office of the American government has helped to protect the legal rights of inventors for two- hundred years. Th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -October 20, 2002: Stephen Foster By Shelley Gollust (Photo - University of Pittsburgh) VOICE 1: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE 2: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English progr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

Song:Cut my Veins Artist:Marc Terenzi You got the power to make me feel good need every hour the words you say cause You let me see my whole world I've never seen before Cut my veins open up my new way I never felt the story You You give me more

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语热力歌曲

i couldn't wait to turn sixteen and drive all the boys around foot on the gas and hands on the wheel was all i could think about a little rust in the bed of that truck and a four-speed on the floor five hundred dollars it was mine all mine and i nev

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

英文歌词: Stoplight lock the door Don't look back Undress in the dark And hide from you All of you You'll never know the way your words have haunted me I can't believe you'd ask these things of me You don't know me You belong to me My snow white qu

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Green grass of home - 美国乡村音乐 The old home town looks the same as I step down from the train当我步下火车时,我看到家乡一如往昔 And there to meet me are my mamma and my poppa妈妈和爸爸来车站接我 Down the read I look, and there runs marry, hair o

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

注释: Defense Secretary 国防部长 sovereignty [5sCvrinti] n. 主权 Iraqi [i5rB:ki] adj. 伊拉克的 casualty [5kAVjuElti] n. 伤亡 thug [WQ^] n. 暴徒 assassin [E5sAsin] n. 暗杀者,刺客

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻