Education Report - A School Where Children Learn to Eat Better This is the VOA Special English Education Report. About one-fifth of Americans age six to nineteen are considered overweight. To reduce those numbers, some schools are teaching children t

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. In recent days, Americans have lost two civil rights leaders of the twentieth century, Dorothy Height and Benjamin Hooks. Dorothy Height died Tuesday at the age of ninety-eight. She witnessed more civil rig

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Kentucky Fried Chicken announced that it is going to advertise its new $3 lunches through customers nostrils. The company plans to send a fried chicken scent throughout office buildings at lunchtime. The aroma will be dispensed from the mail-cart tha

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Pope Benedict XVI is the 265th Pope, also known as the Bishop of Rome and Sovereign of the Vatican. He is the spiritual head of the Roman Catholic Church. He was elected Pope in 2005 and succeeded John Paul II. Benedict is a prolific author and has w

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

by Mignon Fogarty Today we'll discuss words you should never use and words you should always avoid--or something like that. As many of you know, before I was Grammar Girl, I was a science and technology writer. Even as an undergraduate, my instructor

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

A businessman walked into a New York City bank and asked for the loan officer. He said he was going to Europe on business for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000. The loan officer said the bank woul

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

THIS IS AMERICA - White Sands National Monument: A Wonder of Nature, in New Mexico By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Monday, September 19, 2005 (MUSIC) ANNOUNCER: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA IN VOA Special

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

THE MAKING OF A NATION - June 13, 2002: World War Two / Science By David Jarmul Explosion of the first atomic bomb, July 16, 1945, in the New Mexico desert. (Picture - Library of Congress) VOICE 1: TH

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

Iron Dome defense system uses cameras and radar to track incoming rockets and can shoot them down within seconds of their launch. The system was developed by Rafael, the Israel Military Industries, at a cost of $200 million. Robert Berger | Jerusalem

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

I can't believe I'm standing here Been waiting for so many years and Today I found the Queen to reign my heart You changed my life so patiently And turned it into something good and real I feel just like I felt in all my dreams There are questions ha

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

The eensey weensey spider went up the water spout. (Walk your fingers up.) Down came the rain and washed the spider out. (Flutter your fingers down, simulating rain, and then sweep your hands out.) Out came the sun and dried up all the rain. (Make a

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 Super Simple Songs 唱唱跳跳学美语

All he could think about was Im too young for this Got my whole life ahead hell Im just a kid myself how am I gonna raise one All he could see were his dreams going up in smoke So much for ditching this town and hanging out on the coast Oh well, tho

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. Today, we play music by three rock groups Answer a question about a beloved university professor who died last month And report on a Hall of Fame for Americans from N

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(八)月

Why Hands-Free Faucets May Be a Risk to Some Hospital Patients This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 Automatic faucets use an electronic sensor to start and stop the flow of water when people

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Two new studies have investigated why fewer females, compared to males, study and work in the so called STEM subjects in the United States. Those subjects are science, technology, engineering and math

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AMERICAN STORIES - Childrens Story: John Henry Now, the Special English program, AMERICAN STORIES. Today we tell a traditional American story called a tall tale. A tall tale is a story about a person who is larger than life. The descriptions in the s

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十)月

AMERICAN STORIES - Childrens Story: Pecos Bill STEVE EMBER: Now, the Special English Program AMERICAN STORIES. (MUSIC) Today we tell a traditional American story called a tall tale. A tall tale is a story about a person who is larger than life. The d

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

EXPLORATIONS - A Beloved Family Pet Dies. What Does a Mother Tell Her Children? MARIO RITTER: This is EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Im Mario Ritter. What do you do when a family pet dies? How would you explain the death of a dog or cat to a yo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

People in America - Eunice Kennedy Shriver, 1921-2009: She Changed the World for People with Mental Disabilities FAITH LAPIDUS: Im Faith Lapidus. BOB DOUGHTY: And Im Bob Doughty with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Eunic

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

By Mil Arcega Washington 26 June 2007 A new report on the world's leading companies shows barriers still remain for women who want to advance in the corporate world. The study released at the Global Summit of Women in Germany shows women lag well beh

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)