Although Henry Ford’s name is closely associated with the concept of mass production, he should receive equal credit for introducing labor practices as early as 1913 that would be considered advance

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方现代文背诵篇章

The Weekend - Silence please! A: Those people in front of us are making so much noise. It's so inconsiderate! B: Don't worry about it; its not such a big deal. A: Oh... I can't hear a thing! Excuse me, can you keep it down? C: Sure, sorry bout that!

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

第13单元 六年级的自然科学课 Six grade science teacher Mr. Sampson asks his class: 六年级的自然科学老师桑普森先生问班上同学: Who can tell me which organ of the human body expands to 10 times its usual size whenstimula

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is the complex-compound sentence. Guest writer Sal Glynn writes: Most writers worth their fingertip calluses begin as avid readers. We read books, magazines, and websites indiscriminately until we start to notice the w

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Ugandan Children Perform to Raise Awareness for Orphans Their dances are joyful. Their voices raise awareness about the orphaned children in Uganda. With vibrant African music, the Watoto Childrens Choir guides audiences through their life-transformi

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

Ryan and Amelia traveled in the rented Buick to Tucson to attend a weekend gem and mineral show; the big national show was every April. They mostly browsed. Amelia was partial to natural, unpolished stones. One that she particularly liked was priced

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

英文歌词: Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try, It's easy if you try, No hell below us, No hell below us, Above us only sky, Above us only sky, Imagine all the people Imagine all the people living for today... living for today... Imagine

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Volunteers Keep Hands-On Science Alive in US Classrooms When it comes to making science fun, Lisa Purcell is a pro. Mimicking an owl or a foraging squirrel is all in a day's work for the director of the Four Winds Nature Institute. On this particular

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

The Ozark city zoos tiger exhibit featured Winnie, a female Siberian tiger. She was five years old, weighed 300 pounds, and stood three feet tall at her shoulders. Siberian tigers are endangered; only about 500 exist in the wild, and about 200 exist

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Eleanor Roosevelt Was the Most Influential Wife of Any American President (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Shirley Griffith with People in America in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about the woman who was the most influential

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Section 38 Inventions They say that the world’s first great invention was the wheel. Perhaps we could argue that the discovery of fire was equally as important. Of course we don’t know who invente

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语导读1000句

Grammar Girl here. Today, Julie Wildhaber, who trains writers and editors at Yahoo!, will explain a few strategies for keeping copy compact and for getting rid of deadwood: words and phrases that add length but not value. The podcast edition of this

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

英语作文 Direction:For this part,you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition in three paragraphs.You are given the first sentence of the three paragrapgs.Your part of the composition should be no less than 100 words,not including the words giv

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

A: I have a question about extra people living with me in my apartment. B: You may have one roommate, but they need to have an approved application on file with us. A: What about overnight guests? B: An occasional overnight guest is not a problem. A:

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

今天我们要学的词是venue。 Venue, 是地点、场所的意思。 The defense lawyer requested a change of venue so that the defendant could get a fair trial, 辩护律师要求更换开庭地点,以便被告得到公正审判。美国前总统

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Words and Their Stories: Chickenfeed 词汇典故:蝇头小利 I'm Susan Clark with WORDS AND THEIR STORIES, a program in Special English on the Voice of America. 这里是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故栏目,我是苏珊克拉克(Susan C

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(七)月

(Ta da ta ta) (Oh that's how the story goes) So many places I wish I'd been So many faces I wish I'd seen So many people have never been loved So many stories just wait to be told I'm gonna get dressed up gonna get on a plane Find me a better place w

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Deafness 'Cure' is a Goal for Science The New York Academy of Medicine recently (October 3) hosted a research summit sponsored by the Hearing Health Foundation to promote a cure for deafness caused by damaged hair cells in the ear. An estimated 37 mi

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

DAVID GREENE, HOST: I was on assignment in San Francisco recently, and it involved some food tasting. UNIDENTIFIED PERSON: So this is Chef Crenn's brioche served with a little bit of cultured butter and sea salt. It's her grandmother's recipe. What's

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

Parts of Yancheng city, close to China's eastern coast, were battered by intense downpours, hailstorms and a tornado Thursday afternoon, which destroyed buildings, trees, vehicles and electricity poles. The village of Dalou in Funing County has been

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台