Health Report - What Happens When TB Becomes Untreatable? 健康报道 - 抗药性肺结核病蔓延 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 In December, doctors in Mumbai, India, reported about

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

AMERICAN STORIES - Short Story: The Exact Science of Matrimony by O.Henry STEVE EMBER: Now, the VOA Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. Our story today is called The Exact Science of Matrimony. It was written by O. Henry. Here is Barbara Klein

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(235) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

By Doug Levine Washington 30 April 2006 Donald Fagen likes to take his time. It took his group Steely Dan more than 20 years to tour, and it took the singer and keyboardist even longer to tour as a so

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

Millions More Children to Receive Vaccines More than one million children die each year from severe diarrhea and pneumococcal disease. Today (Tuesday), the GAVI Alliance announced an expanded campaign against the two leading killers of children world

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Mental Stimulation Might Cut Dementia Risk People who engage in mentally-stimulating activities over a lifetime have lower levels of a protein in the brain associated with Alzheimer's disease, a new study finds. That supports other research which sug

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Steve: Matthew? Hi! Matthew: Steve! Haven't seen you in ages! How long's it been? Steve: it's got to be almost a year now. M: how have you been? S: I'm pretty good. I've been looking for a place to live recently. My lease runs out next month and I do

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

Only minutes later, another zoo visitor happened by. Spotting the two dead men, he called 911. By the time police arrived, zoo officials were already scouring the area with their dart guns. They had told the police not to shoot the animal unless it w

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Stephen Foster, 1826-1864: America's First Popular Songwriter He wrote more than two hundred songs during the eighteen forties and eighteen fifties. VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

About 10 customers were in the small restaurant. It was late at night. Jenny and David were sitting at a table in the corner. They both worked for the same supermarket. They liked their jobs. They worked together, and they had fun together. They went

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

本歌为《豪斯医生》第五季第五集片尾曲,演唱者是80年代红遍欧美乐坛的eurythmics(舞韵合唱团)女主唱、两座葛莱美奖得主、曾被vh1音乐频道评为乐坛一百位最伟大女性的Annie Lennox 。 本歌为《豪斯医生》House第五季第五集片尾曲,演唱者Annie Lennox是80年代红遍欧

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

网络犯罪专家米科哈普宁给我们讲述威胁我们隐私和资料的三类在线攻击只有两种被看为犯罪。 我们是不是盲目相信未来的政府?因为,我们失去的任何权利,就永远地失去了。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:罪与罚

A: Can I have roommates in my apartment? B: You may have one roommate, but they need to pass a credit check. A: Can overnight guests stay with me? B: You may have an overnight guest, but they may not stay for an extended period of time. A: How long c

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

英语作文 Directions: In this part, you are to written an essay of about 200 words within 40 minutes. Your essay should be based on the information given in the outline below Outline: 1. Importance of confidence 2. Reasons for lack of confidence 3. N

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Words and Their Stories: Green Expressions 词汇典故:和绿色相关的词汇 Now, the VOA Special English program, Words and Their Stories. 这里是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 Green is an important color in nature. It is the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

As vote tabulation proceeds in southern Sudan's independence referendum, its leaders are preparing for the day when the final results are in. Officials say whether the region chooses to separate or remain part of Sudan they face vast challenges. The

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

By Alisha Ryu Nairobi 05 July 2007 In another blow to Somali government plans to hold a long-delayed peace conference to end the country's 16-year-old civil war, elders of the most dominant clan in Mogadishu, the Hawiye, have failed to resume talks t

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Lifelong Bilingualism Gives Seniors Mental Edge From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report in Special English. A new study adds to evidence suggesting that being bilingual is good for the brain. In the study, older adults who have spoken tw

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Health Report - Children of AIDS Face Mental Health Needs 健康报道 - 艾滋病家庭儿童面临严重心理健康问题 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 Thirty years ago this week, p

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AMERICAN STORIES - Short Story: The Exact Science of Matrimony by O. Henry STEVE EMBER: Now, the VOA Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. Our story today is called The Exact Science of Matrimony. It was written by O. Henry. Here is Barbara Klein

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Barbara Cooney, 1917-2000: She Created Many Popular Books for Children MARY TILLOTSON: Now, the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, Shirley Griffith and Steve Ember tell about the life of Barbara Cooney, the cre

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月