Mr. Chairman and Members of the Notification Committee: I shall, at an early day, and in a more formal manner, accept the nomination which you tender, and shall at that time discuss the various questions covered by the Democratic platform.It may not

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

Good Evening: This a special night for me. Exactly three years ago, on July 15, 1976, I accepted the nomination of my party to run for President of the United States. I promised you a President who is not isolated from the people, who feels your pai

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

Hallowe'en Hallowe'en is a popular festival in many countries all over the world, and every year it seems to get bigger. It's getting dark earlier and it's starting to get cold. Christmas is still a long way away. We need something to cheer us up and

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

07 牙病的预防与治疗 DATE=2-27-01 TITLE=SCIENCE IN THE NEWS #2113 - (1)Dental Health BYLINE=Nancy Steinbach VOICE ONE: This is Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And this is Bob Doughty with Science in the

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

THIS IS AMERICA -January 25, 2002: Three Mo' Tenors By Lawan Davis VOICE ONE: Music experts say more people are becoming interested in classical music because it is being presented in new ways by new

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Technology Report - How Much Screen Time Is Too Much for Children? 科技报道 - 合理控制儿童使用数码设备的时间 This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语科技报道。 Children can spend hou

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(八)月

From NPR news in Washington, I'm Craig Windham. President Obama is praising Senate Democrats for what he called a big victory for the American people a vote to advance legislation to overhaul the nation's health care system. NPR's Scott Horsley repor

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

Children are angels. Most of the time this is true. Im very lucky because my two children really are the greatest angels. I think I won the children lottery with my kids. I could not have asked for lovelier, happier, sweeter little children. They hav

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Section 17 Children 1Children from all around the world are basically the same. 2Their needs are similar wherever they live. 3Of course they need food, parents and love. 4However, as children grow old

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语导读1000句

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we discuss the best-selling book Unbroken, by writer Laura Hillenbrand. It is a story about survival, heroism, and the strength

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

吕西安恩格乐(Lucien Engelen):众包你的健康 人人都为你的健康打工 将你的健康承包给大众 你可以通过智能手机找到当地的ATM(自动取款机),但倘若你需要的是除颤器怎么办?在TEDxMaastricht(经T

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:群体的力量

What Stephen Covey Taught Me About Work and Life My heart is heavy today. I just learned of the death of one of the most influential individuals in my life, a man who changed the way I think about the world and who guided me toward my current career

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

From NPR News in Washington, Im Korva Coleman. Attorney General Eric Holder says he decided to charge the suspect in civilian court in the failed plot to bomb a jet on Christmas Day over Detroit. Holder's remarks about the case are on a letter sent t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Barca lose Puyol in Benfica win MADRID, Oct. 2 (Xinhua) -- FC Barcelona paid a heavy price for their comfortable 2-0 away win over Benfica in Champions League as they lost captain Carles Puyol with a serious arm injury. Puyol fell badly in the second

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

How to Experience Life Many of us go through life without truly living it. Jonathan Swift once said; There are only few who live today, most of us live tomorrow. I have mostly lived in tomorrow, always looking forward, aiming for my goals. Many times

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

BEIJING, June 27 (Xinhua) -- Chen Qiang, a veteran actor who is perhaps best known for the villains he portrayed early in his career, has passed away at the age of 94. Chen, a native of Ningjin in north China's Hebei province, died at a hospital in B

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是venue。 Venue, 是地点、场所的意思。 The defense lawyer requested a change of venue so that the defendant could get a fair trial, 辩护律师要求更换开庭地点,以便被告得到公正审判。美国前总统

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has ordered top military officials to monitor major U.S. news media for leaks of classified information, in an effort to stop the unauthorized release of government secrets to the public. The Pentagon made the anno

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Come along with the last rays of light Catch a last glimpse of the unknown ones A shot of hatred raise our minds to fight And compel us into glory ride Soon we all will be heroes On the morrow of war Light the sky a fire inside Unleashing the end whe

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

I'm flawed I'm flawed I know this You like me in small doses What am I supposed to do with that Yeah yeah ooh You say I bring the drama Like you got halos on ya' Half the time it's you that makes it bad Yeah yeah ooh I'm wild I'm jealous insane I'm s

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(187) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅