Benjamin Gates and his group of history-loving troublemakers enjoy a good mystery. Audiences were first introduced to Gates, who is played by Nicolas Cage, in the hit action movie National Treasure. Now, its sequel, National Treasure: Book of Secrets

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

JENNIFER LUDDEN, HOST: Writers often have ambivalent feelings when their books are adapted for film. Sure there might be fame and fortune with a movie, but they loathe giving up control. Some have famously hated the final adaptation. But debut noveli

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

It is the biggest morning in Hollywood, you know that, Sam. I do. And in just a few moments well find out the nominees for the 83rd annual Academy Awards live at Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills. But first, the man of All Media, Chris Connelly

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

Hey Joel, Hey. Im glad he is not here. No, Hey, See, I, I havent seen you since the Christmas party in my house. Yes. The fantastic Christmas party, fantastic food. Yeah, I would really like you to bring that ornament back. And by that ornament, I me

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

The competition for Hollywood's highest honors has begun with the announcement Tuesday in Los Angeles of this year's nominations for the 82nd Academy Awards. As expected, James Cameron's $500 million blockbuster Avatar received a Best Picture nominat

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Investors are bolstered by the latest upbeat economic news. Institute for Supply Management's index on manufacturing rose to 51.5 in September ending a three-month-long contraction over the summer. At last check, Dow was up 119 points at 13,555, NASD

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Read by Wang Lei, this is a small batch from the weekly literary program InkQuill. Classic of Mountains and Seas, or widely known as Shan Hai Jing in Chinese, is an over two millenniums old text that depicts mythical flora and fauna in ancient China.

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Idiom: method to someone's madness 看似疯狂,其中自有某人的道理 Hit the book: Animated Fantasy Sullen Acclaim Pseudonym Anthropomorphic Genre Spirited Away is a 2001 Japanese animated fantasy film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

一部难得一见的黑白动画片,以动荡中的伊朗为背景,叙述聪慧而早熟的伊朗少女Marjane的成长经历,幽默而犀利。 对话文本:(系普特网友整理,文本只包括旁白影评部分,不包括电影原声。) Persepolis is a new animated film directed by Marjane Satrapi and Vincent Par

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语听力

This is my favorite memo ever. 这是我最喜欢的备忘录。 Here is our new cut of the South Park movie to submit to the MPAA. 这是我们向美国电影协会提交的《南方公园》电影最新剪辑版。 I wanted to tell you exactly what

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 见信如晤Letters Live

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic, whose was written by guest writer Bonnie Trenga. First, for those of you who didn't listen all the way to the end of last week's show and were outraged that I used the words irregardless and cogitate; it was a joke;

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

BEIJING, June 19 (Xinhua) -- Brave, the latest Disney-Pixar animated feature film, will start screening in theaters on the Chinese mainland Tuesday, at the same time as North American cinemas. The 3D fantasy adventure film, inspired by a folklore tra

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是mimic. Mimic is spelled m-i-m-i-c, mimic. Mimic是模仿的意思。最近,美国和意大利的科学家造了一条外形类似斑马鱼的机器鱼,The robotic fish mimics the tail movements of real Zebrafish and att

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Al Pessin Guantanamo Bay, Cuba 05 June 2008 Five men who were allegedly involved in planning and financing the September 11 attacks on the United States in 2001 went on trial before a military commission Thursday near the detention center where t

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 10 (Xinhua) -- Thursday turned out to be bittersweet for Ben Affleck, as his Iran hostage drama Argo was honored with top awards including best picture and best director at the 18th Critics' Choice Movie Awards, but was apparently s

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(293) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LOS ANGELES, March 18 (Xinhua) -- 21 Jump Street opened in the first place this weekend, garnering 35 million U.S. dollars in ticket receipts as was widely expected. Holdover Dr. Seuss' The Lorax continued to cast a spell on moviegoers, as it finishe

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(288) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hayao Miyazaki 宫崎骏 Television cartoons are big business in Japan, where around 40 new animated TV series are produced every week. One of the countrys most popular animators, Hayao Miyazaki, has produced some of the great classics of Japanese TV

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

模仿文本:But this is really Pamela Travers' story. Played by Emma Thompson, she emerges as a restless woman whose clipped accent disguised her Australian upbringing, a turbulent childhood which ended with the early death of her adored father. O

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Hayao Miyazaki, the name is synonymous with beautiful, fantastic worlds, imaginative design, organically written characters as well as stunning visuals and some of the most impressive animation o

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Topic 1-Teacher Exit Mechanism to be Implemented in Primary and Secondary Schools Being a teacher used to be like holding an iron rice bowl, meaning its a job for life, regardless of performance. But this may no longer be the case, as starting from t

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议