Gene-edited Food Will Arrive Soon, But Will People Eat It? Foods based on the latest biotechnologies will soon be available in grocery stores around the country. The first foods from plants or animals that have had their genetic material, or DNA, edi

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(425) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

This time of year, lets be honest: The most Jewish-American tradition isnt even celebrating those eight crazy candle-and latke-filled nights. Its hitting the local Chinese restaurant on Christmas, of course. 讲真,每年一到圣诞节大多数美国

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

讲解文本: rob the cradle 抢劫婴儿摇篮,和比自己小得多的人谈恋爱-Nancy's new boyfriend is way younger than her. Nancy的新男友比她小得多。 -Yeah, that woman is robbing the cradle! 是啊,那个女人她老牛吃嫩草

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

Part six is called At my Desk, on Break, and at Lunch. 第六部分叫做坐在我的办公桌旁,休息和吃午饭。 Notice the use of those prepositions. 注意那些介词的使用。 Prepositions are very difficult to translate and many peopl

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

歌曲:Beyonc-Beyonce - If I Were A Boy At two years of age, Blue Ivy Carter is one of the most well-travelled children in the world. 虽然只有2岁,但是布露艾薇卡特和全世界的其他孩子比起来,她的阅历可谓是数一数二了

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语娱乐八卦

Foods Important to Easter, Passover and the Spring 复活节,逾越节和春天应该吃的食物 This weekend some Americans celebrate the Christian holiday of Easter, while others will celebrate the Jewish holiday of Passover. Easter is when Christ

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Beef or pork? Chicken or fish? Rice or noodles? 请问吃牛肉还是猪肉 Vegetarian I'm a vegetarian. 我是吃素的。

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 这句英语怎么说

【生词预览】 nail 钉子, sigh 叹气 【笑话原文】 EatNailsforLunch Ihaveareputationatworkforbeingastrictboss.OnedayIwasinthebreakroomwithmyco-worker.Ireachedintotherefrigeratorformylunch,whichwaspackedinanAceHardwarepaperbag.Myco-worke

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

7月4日是美国国庆日。美国人的庆祝方式很实在,就是家家户户开烧烤party、吃烤肉。 美国国庆日 重点词汇: 4th of July/July 4th/Independence Day: 美国国庆节 National Day: 国庆节 Festive: 节日气息 Cele

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

英语学习笔记: steamed bun stuffed with meat 肉包子 soybean milk 豆奶 steamed bun stuffed with soup 灌汤包 Tofu Pudding 豆腐脑 soft tofu 很软的白豆腐 raw beans 生的黄豆 Deep-Fried Dough Stick 油条 Porridge 稀饭 pancake

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(229) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

英语作文 I like banana very much. banana always grows in the warm area. it's nice to eat, and it is good for our healths. like us ,monkeys also like to eat bananas. you can see this in the zoo. 2 I'm a student.I like eggs and coconut.Because eggs is

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Topic 1-Bad Image of Chinese Rich People Recent wealth reports say that China has seen the highest increase of rich people. The Chinese public have always held mixed feelings or even biased opinion towards rich people. Why is that? Topic 2-Premarital

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Welcome to another Moment of Science. Once again we're going to talk about some everyday scientific wisdom that may or may not be true. For example, here's a common belief about exercise. If you work out in the morning and want to lose more calories,

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

英语学习笔记: Do you have any pet peeve? 你有什么特别讨厌或者不爽的事情吗? That's OK. I trust your mouth. 没关系,我不介意你吃/喝过。 Just checking 随口问问。 Just a though/Just an idea./Never mind.

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Todd: Hey, Jessica, what are you going to have for dinner tonight? Jessica: Tonight is sushi night. Todd: Oh, you're going to sushi. Jessica: Well, actually no. My girlfriend and I, we buy sushi every Tuesdays and Fridays, and those are sushi night.

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly. At least that's usually the way it goes. In most showdowns between spiders and flies, the odds weigh heavily in the spider's favor. Today, however, we'll look at a few species of fly that manage to tur

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

After enduring everything the Sahara has thrown at me,i desperately needed rest. 在撒哈拉遇到一系列挑战后 我真的需要休息一下了 While I had some sleep,it just never feels enough. 虽然我昨晚休息过了 但远远不够 A very

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 荒野求生

你知道外国人最爱吃哪几道中国菜?你猜他们最喜欢哪道?我们汇总了很多外国朋友的意见,发现他们居然都很爱这道家常菜! 关键词: Crowd-pleasing Chinese dishes 深受外国人喜爱的中国菜 揭晓

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

讲解文本: for here or to go 在这儿吃还是带走 A:I want a hamburger. Thank you. 我想点个汉堡,谢谢。 B:For here or to go? 在这里吃或外带呢? A:To go, please. 带走,谢谢。 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

Adrienne: So how do you eat the sushi? What's the best way to eat it? Hiroshi: I usually use chopsticks but some people, they definitely prefer just using hands. Adrienne: You can eat with your hands at the restaurant? Hiroshi: The restaurant if it's

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂