For some time now, there has been a growing market in Britain for organic food. But with the credit crunch forcing thrifty shoppers to cut back and with food prices generally rocketing, could our love for organics be starting to wilt? During her preg

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Without their cars, some feel naked. And with gas prices so high these days, there's a group of people who say now is the best time. -Today's Flag Day, so my loincloth is an American flag. The best time to ride your bike. It's extra padding, with not

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

They've got some new rules here at the bus barn, like when buses are just sitting here. Drivers cannot leave them running and the drivers can't take off too fast. Those are just two rules to help the district save money. We caught up with bus drivers

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Mikes machete is based on a Malaysian type called a parang, and it's favored by special forces like the British SAS. It has three essential working parts -- The point and front area use for incising and for slicing; the middle part here where bevels

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

The microscope. In their course of their professional work, scientists often take photos of microscopic objects. And often, the resulting images can be quite beautiful. For thirty years, Nikon, the camera company has held an annual competition to sel

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

The tandem cyclist, with a fiery companion. And No.4, another strange passenger. This time it's Patches the horse who enjoys trips to the drive through. Very nice, hold to there. And No.3, the dog is apparently friends with the chicks, a little bit

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Mechanical failure can strike anywhere. And if you got stuck in the bush you cant always rely on technology to bail you out. Do you copy? Ah, nothing doing, so we're stuck in the bush. Shall I stay or shall I go and look for civilization wherever tha

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

A lot of desperate situations, that started out by people having spent a cold night in a vehicle. Not so bad for me, I got my snack food. Energy bars or any high calorie foods, like candy are all great. My sleeping bag, and I even got a candle. If I

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

General Motors calls it one answer to the problem of Americas heavy dependence on foreign oil--Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. At the only gas station in Washington capable of fueling the vehicles, GM showed off few of its hydrogen-fuel-cell powered ve

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Reuters Some 30,000 visitors packed into this local shrine, south of Tokyo, looking for a laugh or something more permanent. In a three-century-old ritual, a band of merry locals carry omikoshi, or portable phallic shrines in most cases with hopes o

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Storms have stranded hundreds of thousands of commuters at railway stations. It is the worlds new superpower forced to a standstill. And there are millions, they are waiting and waiting, with no way out, the young, and the old, and the desperate. Ca

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

The former nuclear bunker constructed as shelter for former Western German government now has been turned into a well-maintained museum. Seventies kitsch, spooky protective clothing, some very Spartan accommodation and an awful lot of concrete, stil

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

The Pentagon plans to shoot down a disabled spy satellite to prevent a potential deadly gas leak, officials said. Upon notification of the descending NRO satellite, the President and his national and homeland security advisors reviewed the options a

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

New findings from an American space rover on Mars show that much of the planet might have been too salty to sustain life. But scientists are not ruling out the possibility of life altogether, as Sky's Alistair Bunkall reports Of all the planets in t

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Microsoft makes an unsolicited offer for its competitior, Yahoo, after shares of the company's stock price tanked 50% since October. I'm Mathew Karnitschnig, the Mergers Acquisitions reporter for the Wall Street Journal. This morning, Microsoft unve

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

A kindergartener was handcuffed by school's safety officers after a tantrum The Rivera family was trying to go to lunch, but they were still doing interviews from the family car. Five-year-old Dennis needed little prompting. They put handcuff on me

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Heathrow Airport was forced to cancel scores of flights and other aircraft flying into the UK had to be diverted to other airports after a crash landing The busiest international runway on earth, today, it was at a standstill, planes static, and fro

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Students rece cardboard boats at Lindenhurst high school That this is one of the projects they're most excited about. They are reconstrained to working with certain materials, for example, cardboard. They cant not use anything, they cannot use styro

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

At 38, sales manager Nick Armstrong is among a growing number of women who are freezing their eggs in hope of getting pregnant late in life. Hey, Tamie. Its Nick Armstrong, It is Friday morning. Sales manager Nick Armstrong is among millions of wome

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

American people's observance of MLK Day From Memphis, where Dr. Martin Luther King died, to Saint Louis in the Midwest today, to Los Angeles, Americans honor the civil rights leader, who changed the world by his bravery, his leadership and his visio

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年