Bacteria are extremely small living things. While we measure our own sizes in inches or centimeters, bacterial size is measured in microns. One micron is a thousandth of a millimeter: a pinhead is abo

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

A: What am I supposed to do with this plastic cup? B: That cup is for a urine sample. A: How, exactly, does this work? B: This particular test calls for you to urinate into the cup after you have urinated a little into the toilet. A: When I finish, w

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

Back when most folks relied on an icebox to cool food, a block of ice was a precious commodity. If you put hot food in the icebox, the ice might melt. 以前,当大多数人们需要倚赖冰盒来冷却食物的时候,一块冰块就是一件珍贵

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

How Insects Fight Bacteria And Parasites Imagine that youre an insect, and that youve fallen ill because some bacteria or parasites have invaded your body. If you want to make it to a ripe old bug age, your body will need to fight off these invaders.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

英国每日电讯:中国科学家研制新式武器,清除公共厕所中的难闻臭味儿.中国科学院的研究人员表示,最多能有75%的臭味被清除掉,其余的则可以通过自然,令人感到舒适的香气盖掉.这种不可思议的

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

Study Suggests Possible Bacteria Link to Nervousness, Depression A new study of mice suggests bacteria may help to cause anxiety and depression in overweight people. The research raises questions about whether changing organisms living inside our bod

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

[全屏观看] 点击右键- 另存为 可保存这个Flash影片 游戏说明: 游戏介绍:你现在是破坏牙齿的细菌,目的是把面目可憎的人牙齿全蛀掉。 操作指南:用鼠标控制反弹条左右移动,操作简单。特

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 好玩英语小游戏

Skin 皮肤 Skin fills a lot of important roles in our body. 皮肤在我们的身体中扮演着许多重要的角色。 If we didn'have skin, viruses and bacteria could easily get into our bodies. 如果我们没有皮肤,细菌和病毒能轻易地

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第3册

Why Hands-Free Faucets May Be a Risk to Some Hospital Patients This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 Automatic faucets use an electronic sensor to start and stop the flow of water when people

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2016-08-05 Spread of Disease Linked to Sandstorms in Sahel 萨赫勒疾病的传播或与沙尘暴有关 Sandstorms are a major part of life in the Sahel area in Africa. 沙尘暴是非洲萨赫勒地区常见的天气。 The Sahel stretches

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

This Superbug is Too Strong for Antibiotics 美国发现超级细菌 抗生素均无效! Doctors have identified a powerful bacteria that cannot be killed with antibiotics. 医生已鉴定出一种无法被抗生素杀死的强大细菌。 The bacter

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2016-06-06 Flour Products Suspected of Bacteria Issue 面粉问题被怀疑是细菌的流出 American food product manufacturer General Mills has recalled about 4.5 million kilograms of flour. General Mills announced the flour recall becaus

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

后抗生素时代来了吗 In 2015, the World Health Organization warned that we are heading toward a post-antibiotic era, when more people will die from common infections. 2015年,世卫组织警告称人类正向后抗生素时代迈进,普通传

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

Bacterially Boosted Mosquitoes Could Vex Viruses蚊子也能抑制病毒传播? It may sound strange, but scientists are celebrating the survival and spread of tens of thousands of mosquitoes they released in Northeastern Australia. The whole thing

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(六)月

baby n. 婴儿,孩子 解析:注意baby 的代词通常用it babysitter n.保姆 bachelor n. 单身汉;[亦作B-]学士(学位) 解析:联系记忆:Bachelor of Arts 文学学士 Bachelor of Sc

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Ya?l: Welcome to another episode of Lunch with Don and Ya?l. So, Don, what are you eating today? Don: Nothing. Y: Nothing!?! Are you on a diet or something? D: Not by choice. To be honest, I'm trying to save money by buying less food. Y: Why? D: Beca

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

The fungal infection looks like fluffy grey clouds and gives corn a unique, mushroom-like flavor. 这种真菌感染看起来就像天空灰蒙蒙的云朵,让玉米吃起来带有类似蘑菇的独特风味。 学习重点: 1.fungal 真菌 (引起

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Part four 第四章 An Explanation of Dental Caries 有关龋齿的解释 Why do I have so many cavities,Doctor? 医生,为什么我有这么多蛀牙? It seems that every time I go to the dentist,there are at least three or four new ones. 好像

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 口腔临床英语对话

本期内容: Hillary Clintons doctor said the Democratic presidential nominee was healthy and fit to serve, and that the 68-year-old was recovering from the bout of non-contagious bacterial pneumonia which sparked alarm at the weekend. Donald Trum

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

文本: E: How can I have an ulcer? I thought I just pulled a muscle. C:They're caused by stress, hon. All right, and let's face it. You leaving home, your ma moving. Well, you've had your fair share. E: What am I supposed to do now? When can I swi

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音