[01:06.21]Of course you can kiss me. 你当然可以吻我. [01:28.17]Of course you can kiss me. 你当然可以吻我. [01:30.33]Of course you can kiss me. 你当然可以吻我. [01:31.33]You can kiss me. 你可以吻我. [02:38.17]- Identification

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-总统千金欧游记

Science and technology: Medical treatment: Feed a virus, starve a bacterium 科学与技术:医疗:感染病毒时进食,感染细菌时禁食 An old wives tale gets some support from medical science. 无稽之谈获医学证实。 Whether it i

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Bacteria Discovered To Recharge Cell Phone A microbe called Rhodoferax Ferrireducens,found in the mud at Oyster Bay,Virginia,has been discovered to transfer electrons directly onto an electrode

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 有声杂志阅读

A passionate kiss shares much more than intimacy. A single 10-second smooch can transfer tens of millions of bacteria from one partner to the other. Thats the finding from a study in the journal Microbiome. [Remco Kort et al, Shaping the oral microbi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

访谈录,手机,温床,Three out of four Americans do have cell phones. But new research from Britain has found that they could be well breeding grounds for germs and ABC's Heather Nauert right here with us back from the ne

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Copper Metal Kills Viruses on Contact 铜能杀死细菌和病毒 Even in the world of medicine, what is old is new again. 医药界也刮起了复古风。 Thousands of years ago, Egyptians used it to sterilize drinking water. Ancient Romans, Aztecs

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

亚洲细菌威胁佛州橘树 Florida's citrus fruit industry is facing a serious threat from a bacteria carried by an Asian insect. The widespread infestation again highlights the danger of transferring non-native species to American soil. 佛罗里达

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年9月

Bacteria Bacteria are extremely small living things. While we measure our own sizes in inches or centimeters, bacterial size is measured in microns. One micron is a thousandth of a millimeter: a pinhead is about a millimeter across. Rod-shaped bacter

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

释义: not have any 一点都没有 have any+名词一般在否定的句式中表示一点都没有,在疑问句或条件从句表示有没有。 例句: What am I supposed to do? I don't have any money. 我应该做什么?我可一毛钱都没

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

A:May I help you? 我能帮你什么? B:I'd like to cash this check, please. 我想把这张支票兑现。 A:Do you have an account with us? 请问,您在我方银行有账户吗? B:Yeah. Here's my identification card. 是的。这是我

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 金融口语实战会话

But then if you think about it, the squid has this terrible problem 但是如果你再深入地想一下,这乌贼会有一个可怕的问题, because it's got this dying, thick culture of bacteria and it can't sustain that. 因为在它的体内,

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And the final thing is, again just to reiterate that there's this practical part, 最后,只是再一次重申,这个研究的实际应用方面, and so we've made these anti-quorum sensing molecules that are being developed as new kinds of the

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And what I would hope that I could further argue to you is that this is the invention of multicellularity. 我希望能进一步地说服你们的是,这就是多细胞生物的起源。 Bacteria have been on the Earth for billions of years; humans

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

To finish I'll just show you the strategy. 最后,我只跟你们说一下战略。 And this one I'm just using the interspecies molecule, but the logic is exactly the same. 在这里,我们只是使用跨菌种分子,但是思维逻辑是一模一

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Amd of course, you've just heard and you already know that we're running out of antibiotics. 当然,你一定听说过,而且你早就知道了,我们快要没有有效的抗生素了。 Bacteria are incredibly multi-drug-resistant right now, a

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So we went back to molecular biology and started studying different bacteria, 所以我们回到分子生物学的方法,开始研究不同的细菌, and what we've found now is that in fact, bacteria are multilingual. 我们现在已经发现,事

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

We also then went to look at what are these molecules -- these were the red triangles on my slides before. 我们同时也研究了这些小分子,这些就是我刚才幻灯上的小红三角形。 And so this is the Vibrio fischeri molecule. This

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Why this is interesting is because in the past decade we have found that this is not just some anomaly of this ridiculous, 这个发现之所以有趣,是因为在过去十年间,我们发现这种现象不只局限在这种古怪的、 glow-in-t

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

The reason that Vibrio fischeri is doing that comes from the biology. 费氏弧菌的发光现象来自生物学上的原因。 So again, another plug for the animals in the ocean, Vibrio fischeri lives in this squid. 接下来,我们再来看一个海

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

What was actually interesting to us was not that the bacteria made light, but when the bacteria made light. 事实上,我们感兴趣的部分并不是细菌会不会发光,而是细菌何时发光。 What we noticed is when the bacteria were alo

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇