Selling a Business Andy: I cant believe youre really selling up. I thought youd stick it out for another year. Robin: Business has been slow for three years running and I cant count on things to pick up anytime soon. Im selling this business now befo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之商务英语

Whats the Top 'Trending' Search This Year? 今年最热门的搜索内容是什么? The American-based company Google has just released its list of the top trending online searches of 2014. Google keeps records of everything Internet users enter on i

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

英国大热打榜舞曲:Robyn - Dancing On My Own Robyn 原名 Robin Miriam Carlsson ,人们大多知道的是她的艺名Robyn。她出生于1979年6月12日,是瑞典一位获得格莱美奖提名的流行音乐歌手和歌曲作家。Robyn因

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 格莱美获奖歌曲

Top 5 Pop Songs for Week Ending July 13 本周最受欢迎的5首歌曲 Were counting down the five most popular songs on the Billboard Magazine Hot 100 pop singles chart, for the week ending July 13, 2013. This weeks lineup has something for everyon

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

军犬需要良好待遇 At an event on Capitol Hill organized by the American Humane Association, Democratic congressman Henry Cuellar said it is important to strengthen the bond between soldiers and military dogs. 美国动物权益保护协会在国

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

Oh, what was there beneath the sea, and beyond the sea, so deep, so broad, and so dim, too, away off where the white ships, 哦,海的下面是什么,海的尽头是什么,那么深邃,那么宽广,又那么朦胧。远处白色的船舶,

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

I shall never be able to banish that awful moment from my memory. 我永远不会忘记那可怕的一刻。 Pepper's roar, expressive of astonishment, indignation, and pain, is still ringing in my ears. 佩珀嚎叫着,充满吃惊、愤怒和痛苦

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

You don't pollute anything, you don't make dangerous chemicals, you don't hurt the你不会造成环境污染 不会生产危险化学品 environment, the worst thing you can do 你做得最糟糕也只不过是 is not raise the human spirit 不能提高

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Hey Robin, I always knew this day was coming, it came a little sooner than I thought, and you know why I knew it was coming. Because you have an angel, Lucy Marian. She was working it, I told you. Welcome back! Well, I am delighted to know that Robin

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2013年

LONDON, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) -- British top player Andy Murray suffered a bitter defeat at home as he was beaten by David Ferrer in straight sets in his first match and considered of pulling out of the ATP World Tour Finals on Monday. Murray, the world N

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LESSON 18 第18课 berries 浆果 robin 知更鸟 short 短 rid 去掉,摆脱 dart 飞奔 sharp 尖锐 worms 蠕虫 strikes 罢工 eagle 老鹰 king 国王 foe 敌人 fails 失败 hawk 鹰 active 积极 THE KINGBIRD 必胜鸟 The kingbird is not bi

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第二册

1. Crews in the Gulf Coast are getting into place a massive steel-and-concrete box they hope will contain the massive oil leak, but have to lower the contraption about a mile into the water. If successful, it could collect as much as 85% of what's le

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(五月)

Spring by H. G. Adams 春天 H. G. Adams作 A bursting into greenness; 一片生机勃勃的绿, A waking as from sleep; 就像刚刚从睡梦中苏醒, A twitter and a warble 鸟儿发出啁啾的鸣叫, That make the pulses leap: 让我的脉搏

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Ted: So, um...what do we do now? (They mutter together. Then laugh) Robin: We could be friends. (Shrugs) Ted: Oh... (Clutches heart) Robin: Look, I know it sounds 1 when people say that but...we could. Ted: I don't know, Robin. I made such a jackass

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Robin: Lily, I thought tonight was about us 5 . What are you doing? Lily: Just fending off the advances of that totally hot guy. Robin: Dude, I think that guy is gay. Lily: Oh, I know that guy is gay. It's just, Marshall and I have been together for

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

My name's Ruth and I'm from a small village in England. I live quite near Nottingham and I've lived there for most of my life actually. Nottingham is quite famous for Sherwood forest, where Robin hood was supposed to live and as a child I spent some

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Stupid Cupid You're a real mean guy 愚蠢的丘比特,你真是个小气的家伙 I'd like to clip your wings So you can't fly 我想把你的翅膀剪了这样你就不能飞了 I am in love and it's a crying shame 我坠入了爱河,真是遗憾

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Ted: So, um...what do we do now? (They mutter together. Then laugh) Robin: We could be friends. (Shrugs) Ted: Oh... (Clutches heart) Robin: Look, I know it sounds 1 when people say that but...we could. Ted: I don't know, Robin. I made such a jackass

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Robin: Lily, I thought tonight was about us 5 . What are you doing? Lily: Just fending off the advances of that totally hot guy. Robin: Dude, I think that guy is gay. Lily: Oh, I know that guy is gay. It's just, Marshall and I have been together for

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Welcome to American Mosaic from VOA Learning English. I'm June Simms. When people hear the word hospice, they usually link it to death and dying. But as Marsha James tells us, hospice is focused more about providing care, comfort and support to patie

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习