DURING THE PERIOD in which these developments were occurring, 这些事件发生的时候, I had returned from a scientific undertaking organized to explore the Nebraska badlands in the United States. 我正从美国内布拉斯加州的贫瘠地区做

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

African Schools Debate Whether to Teach in Local Languages Many children speak the same language at school as they do at home. However, in many parts of Africa, this is not the case. In countries south of the Sahara Desert, most children are taught i

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

AS IT IS 2015-06-05 Working to End Violence Against Women, Girls in Bangladesh 孟加拉国正努力停止针对妇女和女童的暴力 In Bangladesh, domestic violence is a serious problem for women and girls who live in poverty. These women and gi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

美对俄表示失望正重新考虑首脑峰会 WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is rethinking whether to hold a summit in Moscow with President Vladimir Putin next month after Russia rejected US pleas and gave temporary asylum to former American

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

After the meal Rich: Are you going to watch the Indy Five Hundred on TV this weekend? Taylor:I'm not really into racecar driving. Rich: You were when we were in high school. That, and baseball. Taylor:Yeah, well, times change. Look at you-you're a fa

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Science and Technology 科技 Art criticism and computers 艺术评论和计算机 Painting by numbers 数字图画 Digital analysis is invading the world of the connoisseur 数字分析正侵蚀艺术品鉴赏界 JUDGING artistic styles, and the sim

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

PBS高端访谈:墨西哥城正面临日益严峻的用水危机GWEN IFILL: Violent protests continued in Mexico today. Demonstrators clashed with police in Acapulco, as anger mounted over the disappearance of 43 students. Late last week, three men d

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

JUDY WOODRUFF: But first: South Sudan, the world's youngest country, founded in 2011, is in freefall. Three of its six years in existence have been spent fighting a civil war that has left tens of thousands dead. Now the ravages of that war have led

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列

The Chassepot rifle led to the torpedo, and the torpedo has led to this underwater battering ram, 机枪之后有水雷,水雷之后有潜水冲击机, which in turn will lead to the world putting its foot down. At least I hope it will. 然后一又

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

> 51 非洲沙尘暴正威胁人类生存环境 DATE=8-3-01 TITLE=ENVIRONMENT REPORT - African Dust Storms BYLINE=Cynthia Kirk (Start at 59

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 自然探索

Alexander Popov says good-bye to swimming Four-time Olympic gold medalist Alexander Popov of Russia has retired from swimming, French sportsdaily L'Equipe reported Thursday. Popov, 33, made the decisi

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Somalia and three other countries desperately need aid to save more than 20 million people from starvation and diseases, the United Nations said. 联合国近日声称,索马里和其他三个国家迫切需要援助,来拯救正遭受饥饿和疾病

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The idea of sponsoring a wedding may have your head spinning, but it's growing in popularity. 赞助结婚?这个想法你听了可能有点儿晕,但现在愈发流行。 Some enterprising couples have invited more than close friends and relatives

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

有个人正注视着我:Someone's watching over me 英文歌词 Found myself today Oh I found myself and ran away Something pulled me back The voice of reason I forgot I had All I know is you're not here to say What you always used to say But it's

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

Someone's watching over me by Hilary Duff Found myself today Oh I found myself and ran away Something pulled me back The voice of reason I forgot I had All I know is you're not here to say What you always used to say But it 's written in the sky toni

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

2013年7月6日雅思考试 Space travel has been possible for some time and some people think the space tourism could be developed in the future. To what extent do you think it's a positive or negative development? 太空旅行即将成为可能,人

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

The soaring cost of rice and other basic food in Asia has raised security concerns across many Asian countries. In Indonesia, the high cost of staple foods is hurting the poor and raising fears of social unrest. 大米和其他基本食品价格的飙升

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年3月

Europe Frances economy 欧洲 法国经济 Austerity stakes 紧缩困境 A reluctant government faces the imperative of public-spending cuts 法国削减公共支出势在必行,政府陷入两难境界 Franses finance minister, Pierre Moscovici, s

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

JUDY WOODRUFF: The divide over immigration was a major theme of this years congressional elections. But the issue is not just roiling politicians. As our Gwen found on a weekend trip to Nevada, the presidents policies and Republicans opposition to re

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

JUDY WOODRUFF: For more on the upcoming Cabinet confirmation hearings, the latest on the president-elect's transition to the White House, and more, it's time for Politics Monday with Tamara Keith of NPR and Susan Page, Washington bureau chief for USA

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列