莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第58篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
That god forbid that made me first your slave, I should in thought control your times of pleasure, 使我臣服于你之前的神灵,不准我限制你行乐的光阴,
Or at your hand the account of hours to crave 1, 不准我弄清你如何度过每一个时辰。
Being your vassal 2, bound to stay your leisure! 即是你的臣下,只能任你纵情。
O, let me suffer, being at your beck, 啊,就让我遵命自囿于孤独的牢狱吧,
The imprison'd absence of your liberty; 你既然肆意逍遥,二意三心。
And patience, tame to sufferance, bide 3 each check, 让我默然忍受你的声声呵斥,
Without accusing you of injury. 绝不对你的伤害抱有微词。
Be where you list, your charter is so strong. That you yourself may privilege your time 你随意而往吧,既然你享有特权。可自由支配你的时间,
To what you will; to you it doth belong 为所欲为吧,你已有特权,
Yourself to pardon of self-doing crime. 可将你的一切罪行赦免。
I am to wait, though waiting so be hell; 我绝不责你寻欢作乐,管它是恶是善,
Not blame your pleasure, be it ill or well. 我只能期待如牢囚,哪怕把牢底坐穿。
vt.渴望得到,迫切需要,恳求,请求
- Many young children crave attention.许多小孩子渴望得到关心。
- You may be craving for some fresh air.你可能很想呼吸呼吸新鲜空气。
n.附庸的;属下;adj.奴仆的
- Wales was a vassal kingdom at that time.那时威尔士是个附庸国。
- The vassal swore that he would be loyal to the king forever.这位封臣宣誓他将永远忠诚于国王。
标签: