莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第71篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
No longer mourn for me when I am dead 有一天你会听到阴郁的钟声
Then you shall hear the surly sullen 1 bell 向世人宣告我已逃离这污秽的世界
Give warning to the world that I am fled 伴随最龌龊的蛆虫往另一世界安身,
From this vile 2 world, with vilest 3 worms to dwell: 我劝你千万不要为我而悲鸣。
Nay 4, if you read this line, remember not 还有,你读这诗行的时候千万别记挂
The hand that writ 5 it; for I love you so 这写诗的手,因为我爱你至深,
That I in your sweet thoughts would be forgot If thinking on me then should make you woe 6. 惟愿被忘却在你甜甜的思绪里,我怕你想到我时会牵动愁心。
O, if, I say, you look upon this verse 哦,我说,如果你垂顾这诗句时,
When I perhaps compounded am with clay, 我或许已化作土石泥尘,
Do not so much as my poor name rehearse. 请不要重提我这可怜的名字,
But let your love even with my life decay, 只要你的爱与我的命同葬荒坟。
Lest the wise world should look into your moan 这样就不怕聪明人看透你的哀怨,
And mock you with me after I am gone. 在我死后用我作把柄拿你寻开心。
adj.愠怒的,闷闷不乐的,(天气等)阴沉的
- He looked up at the sullen sky.他抬头看了一眼阴沉的天空。
- Susan was sullen in the morning because she hadn't slept well.苏珊今天早上郁闷不乐,因为昨晚没睡好。
adj.卑鄙的,可耻的,邪恶的;坏透的
- Who could have carried out such a vile attack?会是谁发起这么卑鄙的攻击呢?
- Her talk was full of vile curses.她的话里充满着恶毒的咒骂。
adv.不;n.反对票,投反对票者
- He was grateful for and proud of his son's remarkable,nay,unique performance.他为儿子出色的,不,应该是独一无二的表演心怀感激和骄傲。
- Long essays,nay,whole books have been written on this.许多长篇大论的文章,不,应该说是整部整部的书都是关于这件事的。
n.命令状,书面命令
- This is a copy of a writ I received this morning.这是今早我收到的书面命令副本。
- You shouldn't treat the newspapers as if they were Holy Writ. 你不应该把报上说的话奉若神明。
标签: