莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第120篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
That you were once unkind befriends me now, 今日因祸得福于你过去对我的无情,
And for that sorrow which I then did feel Needs must I under my transgression 1 bow, 回首当初,我曾感到多么伤心,至今难以承受自已过失的重负,
Unless my nerves were brass 2 or hammer'd steel. 因为我的神经毕竟不是钢铁铸成。
For if you were by my unkindness shaken 假如我曾像你这样对我无情相待,
As I by yours, you've pass'd a hell of time, And I, a tyrant 3, have no leisure taken 那你就会至今在炼狱里栖身。我这粗心的暴君竟从未偷空
To weigh how once I suffered in your crime. 把你对我伤害的程度加以权衡。
O, that our night of woe 4 might have remember'd My deepest sense, how hard true sorrow hits, 但愿我们凄凉的夜晚还会记得你残酷的打击深深刺伤了我的心灵,
And soon to you, as you to me, then tender'd 我于是立刻仿效你向你奉献歉意,
The humble 5 salve which wounded bosoms 6 fits! 它如同药膏可医治你受伤的胸襟!
But that your trespass 7 now becomes a fee; 你那时的过错而今变成了补偿,
Mine ransoms 9 yours, and yours must ransom 8 me. 我的抵消你的错误,你的抵消我的罪行。
n.违背;犯规;罪过
- The price can make an action look more like a transaction than a transgression.罚款让一个行为看起来更像是一笔交易而不是一次违法行为。
- The areas of transgression are indicated by wide spacing of the thickness contours.那幢摩天大楼高耸入云。
n.黄铜;黄铜器,铜管乐器
- Many of the workers play in the factory's brass band.许多工人都在工厂铜管乐队中演奏。
- Brass is formed by the fusion of copper and zinc.黄铜是通过铜和锌的熔合而成的。
n.暴君,专制的君主,残暴的人
- The country was ruled by a despotic tyrant.该国处在一个专制暴君的统治之下。
- The tyrant was deaf to the entreaties of the slaves.暴君听不到奴隶们的哀鸣。
n.悲哀,苦痛,不幸,困难;int.用来表达悲伤或惊慌
- Our two peoples are brothers sharing weal and woe.我们两国人民是患难与共的兄弟。
- A man is well or woe as he thinks himself so.自认祸是祸,自认福是福。
adj.谦卑的,恭顺的;地位低下的;v.降低,贬低
- In my humble opinion,he will win the election.依我拙见,他将在选举中获胜。
- Defeat and failure make people humble.挫折与失败会使人谦卑。
胸部( bosom的名词复数 ); 胸怀; 女衣胸部(或胸襟); 和爱护自己的人在一起的情形
- How beautifully gold brooches glitter on the bosoms of our patriotic women! 金光闪闪的别针佩在我国爱国妇女的胸前,多美呀!
- Let us seek out some desolate shade, and there weep our sad bosoms empty. 我们寻个僻静的地方,去痛哭一场吧。
n./v.侵犯,闯入私人领地
- The fishing boat was seized for its trespass into restricted waters.渔船因非法侵入受限制水域而被扣押。
- The court sentenced him to a fine for trespass.法庭以侵害罪对他判以罚款。
n.赎金,赎身;v.赎回,解救
- We'd better arrange the ransom right away.我们最好马上把索取赎金的事安排好。
- The kidnappers exacted a ransom of 10000 from the family.绑架者向这家人家勒索10000英镑的赎金。
标签: