生活大爆炸第二季第十五集_3
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第二季
英语课
-Leonard: Did you get the part?
part: 角色
你得到角色了吗?
-Penny: No, they said I was too perky.
perky: 活泼的
没,他们觉得我太活泼了。
-Leonard: You want to talk about not, getting love from a parent.
parent: 父母
想谈谈得不到父母关爱么。
You know what I used to do when I was little, to have some sensation of human contact?
sensation: 感觉 human: 人类 contact: 接触
你知道我小时候为了感知人情味而干了什么吗?
-Penny: Yeah, you grabbed your, penis and wouldn't let go.
grab: 抓 penis: 阴茎
知道,你抓住小弟弟不放。
Your mother told me.
你妈告诉我的。
-Leonard: Of course she did. Anyway,, that's not what I was gonna say.
anyway: 不论如何 gonna: =going to: 将要
肯定是她说的,不过,那不是我想说的。
When I was ten years old,, I built a hugging machine.
build: 建造 hug: 拥抱 machine: 机器
我十岁的时候,我造了个拥抱机。
-Penny: a hugging machine?, yeah.
拥抱机? 是呀。
-Leonard: I got a dressmaker's mannequin,
dressmaker: 裁缝 mannequin: 人体模特
我有个做裁缝用的模特。
I stuffed it with an electric, blanket so it would be warm,
stuff: 塞满 electric: 电的 blanket: 毯子
我塞进一床电热毯让它变得温暖。
and built two radio-controlled arms, that would hug me and pat my back.
radio-controlled: 无线电操纵的 pat: 轻拍 back: 背
又造了无线电控制的双臂 可以拥抱我轻拍我的背。
-Penny: Oh, that is so sad.
呀可怜的孩子。
-Leonard: you know What the saddest part was?
-Penny: What?
知道最可怜的是什么吗? 什么?
-Leonard: My father used to borrow it.
borrow: 借
我爸常借过去用。
-Beverly: Your scan data will be, very helpful to my research.
scan: 扫描 data: 数据 research: 研究
你的扫描数据会对我的研究很有帮助。
You have a remarkable 1 brain.
remarkable: 卓越的 brain: 大脑
你的大脑很与众不同。
-Sheldon: I know.
我知道。
Although I've always hated how my, right frontal lobe 2 looks in pictures.
hate: 讨厌 frontal: 额骨 lobe:(脑、肺等的)叶
尽管我一直很不喜欢我右额叶图。
-Beverly: Common complaint among men.
complaint: 抱怨 among: 之中
男人的常见抱怨。
Nothing's ever big enough.
什么都嫌不够大。
Except when they get a tumor 3.Then you never hear the end of it.
except: 除非 tumor: 肿瘤
除非得了肿瘤要不总是抱怨。
-Sheldon: I'd love to e a scan, of your brain sometime.
有机会我很想看看你的脑扫描图。
Oh, I'll send you a link, but its, physiology 4 is fairly unimpressive.
link: 联系 physiology: 生理学 fairly: 相当地 unimpressive: 无印象的
我会给你发个链接,但其生理机能比较稀疏平常。
-Sheldon: Oh, I can't believe that.
believe: 相信
不会吧。
-Beverly: Your unwillingness 5 to accept empirical, evidence suggests an attempt at flattery.
unwillingness: 不情愿 accept: 接受 empirical: 经验主义的 evidence: 证据 suggest: 显示 attempt: 企图 flattery: 奉承
你不愿接受经验证据显示出你打算对我阿谀奉承。
-Sheldon: My apologies.
apology: 道歉
我很抱歉。
I've been living with your son too, long. Gotten into some bad habits.
habit: 习惯
长期与你儿子居住养成了一些坏习惯
-Beverly: Understandable.
understandable: 可以理解的
可以理解。
-Sheldon: Can I make you a cup of tea?
我能为你沏杯茶吗?
-Beverly: I doubt it, but if anyone has, a chance, it's probably you.
doubt: 怀疑 anyone: 任何人 chance: 机会 probably: 或许
我不太确定但是如果有人可以的话可能就是你。
-Sheldon: I feel very comfortable around you.
comfortable: 舒适的
和你相处我十分自在。
-Beverly: I feel very comfortable around you, too.
和你相处我也很自在。
-Sheldon: It's surprising because I generally don't, feel comfortable around, well, anyone.
surprise: 惊讶 generally: 大体上
令人吃惊的是,我基本上和谁相处都不自在。
-Beverly: Nor I.
nor: 也不是
我也是。
-Sheldon: What are the odds 6 that two individuals,
the odds: 机会,运气 individual: 个体
as unique as ourselves would be connected
unique: 特别
我们两个这样如此稀罕的人。
by someone as comparatively, workaday as your son?
comparatively: 相当地 workaday: 工作日 son: 儿子
被像你儿子这般普通的人联系起来的可能性有多大呀?
-Beverly: Is that a rhetorical point or, would you like to do the math?
rhetorical: 修辞的 do the math: 算
你是在比喻还是想算出来?
-Sheldon: I'd like to do the math.
我想算出几率来。
-Beverly: I'd like that, too.
我也是。
-Penny: Okay, now this time, you're, gonna lick the salt...
gonna: =going to: 将要 lick: 舔 salt: 盐
好啦。这次,你要舔掉,
off my neck。
neck: 脖子
我脖子上的盐。
do the shot... Whoops 7.
干一杯,哟。
and then bite the lime.
bite: 咬 lime: 柠檬
然后咬住酸橙。
I'm sorry, I didn't hear, anything after "lick."
抱歉 "舔"字后面的完全没清。
-Penny: Neck, shot, lime.
脖子,干杯,酸橙。
okay, shot, lime., right.
好啦,干杯,咬酸橙,对。
-Leonard: Where's the lime?
酸橙呢?
Oh, okay, we're sharing.
share: 分享
好极了我们一起吃吧。
-Sheldon: So, what do you think?
那么,你觉得如何?
-Beverly: I'm very tempted 8.
tempted: 诱惑
相当的诱人。
I'm just not sure it's, appropriate with my son's roommate.
appropriate: 适当的 roommate: 室友
我不知道与我儿子的室友这么做是否合适。
-Sheldon: Normally, I'd feel the same way.
normally: 通常
通常,我也这样想。
But based on everything, I've observed about us,
base on: 基于 observe: 观察
但基于我所观察到的我们之间的情况。
I can't help but speculate, we'd be very good together.
speculate: 推测
我不得不推测我们一起会相当得棒。
-Beverly: True. I've had a similar observation.
similar: 相似的 observation: 观察
对。我也观察到了。
It's certainly something I, could never do with my husband.
certainly: 必定 husband: 丈夫
我和我丈夫永远也不会发生这事。
-Sheldon: I was hesitant the, first time I tried it,
hesitant: 犹豫 try: 尝试
我第一次尝试的时候也很犹豫。
but I experienced an unanticipated, an remarkable release of endorphins.
experience: 经历 unanticipated: 意料之外的 remarkable: 卓越的 release: 释放endorphins: 安多芬
但我经历了一次前所未有的极量“快感荷尔蒙”释放。
It's quite satisfying.
quite: 非常 satifying: 令人满意的
相当的惬意呀。
-Beverly: I see what you're doing.
我明白你想干什么。
You're appealing to the, neuroscientific researcher in me.
appeal to: 要求 neuroscientific: 神经系统科学的 researcher: 研究
你请求对我做一次神经学研究。
-Sheldon: You see right through me, don't you?
你能看透我对吧?
-Beverly: Only when you're in a CAT scanner.
CAT scanner: 电脑断层扫描仪
只有在分层造影扫描机里才行。
-Leonard: This is actually gonna happen.
gonna: =going to: 将要
美梦正在成真呀。
-Penny: Honey, shush, shush,, shush, shush, shush.
宝贝嘘嘘嘘嘘嘘。
-Leonard: You shush, I'm happy. I want to talk about it.
你别出声我乐死了我想谈谈。
You know what my mother, would say about this?
知道我妈会怎么说吗?
She would say because you were not loved by,
她会说因为你。
your father and I was not loved by my mother,
缺父爱而我缺母爱。
that having sex is our way of making up, for the intimacy 9 we didn't get as children.
have sex: 做爱 make up: 弥补 intimacy: 性行为 children: 孩子
我们做爱是为了弥补我们童年缺少的亲人之爱。
-Penny: Why would you bring that up right now?
为啥你现在提起这个?
-Leonard: I don't know. Foreplay?
foreplay: 前戏
不知道。前戏?
-Penny: So you're saying you're not having sex, with me, you're having sex with your mother?
你的意思是你不是和我做爱,是而你妈做了?
-Leonard: I'm gonna go with "no."
我想说的是“不是”。
-Penny: That is the sickest, thing I've ever heard.
sick: 病态的
这是我听过的最变态的事。
-Leonard: Come on, you're trying to have sex with, your father, and I'm okay with that.
别呀,如果你想和你爸做爱,我没意见的。
-Penny: Get out!
滚出去!
-Sheldon: Beverly
[singing: ?Any Way You Want It“, by
Jounrey] “She said shush. I should have shushed.
“她说嘘的时候我就该闭嘴。
Ooh, all night, all night
彻夜彻夜
Oh, every night
每夜
Hold tight
hold: 保持 tight: 紧
抱紧
You hold tight
你抱紧
Baby, hold tight
宝贝儿抱紧吧
Anyway you want it,, that's the way you need it
anyway: 无论如何
你想怎样就怎样
Anyway you want it...”
你想怎样...”
-Leonard: All right, Mother.
好啦妈妈。
Um, have a nice flight.
flight: 飞行
一路平安。
-Beverly: That's not really in my control, is it?
control: 控制
不由我说了算对吧?
Oh, uh, yes.
哦对了。
-Penny: Oh, good morning.
早上好。
-Leonard: Morning.
早。
-Penny: Look, I was just coming, over to talk to you.
我正想过来和你谈谈。
-Leonard: You don't have to. Ever.
你用不着谈了。永远别。
-Penny: Gotcha.
gotcha: =got you 明白了
知道了。
-Leonard: good-Bye, Mother.,
再见,妈妈。
-Beverly: good-Bye.
再见Leonard。
-Leonard:.So, Slugger, shall we pick up, where we left off last time?
Slugger: 重击手 pick up: 拾起
重击手,我们接着聊上次的话题吗?
-Penny: I mean, my mom could've just said, Bob, get over it, she's a girl, move on.
move on: 前进
我是说,我妈可以说 Bob 算了吧。她是个女孩子,日子还得过。
But she didn't. Not one word.
但她没有口都没张。
-Beverly: Interesting.
interesting: 有趣
有意思。
Would you be willing to fly to New Jersey 10 and, discuss your relationship with your parents
be willing to: 愿意 New Jersey: 新泽西州 discuss: 讨论 relationship: 关系 parent: 父母
你愿意到新泽西聊聊你和父母的关系。
during a brain scan?
during: 同时 brain scan: 脑部扫描
与此同时做脑扫描吗?
-Penny: would It help?
对我有帮助吗?
-Beverly: Well, It would help me.,
嗯,对我有帮助。
adj.显著的,异常的,非凡的,值得注意的
- She has made remarkable headway in her writing skills.她在写作技巧方面有了长足进步。
- These cars are remarkable for the quietness of their engines.这些汽车因发动机没有噪音而不同凡响。
n.耳垂,(肺,肝等的)叶
- Tiny electrical sensors are placed on your scalp and on each ear lobe.小电器传感器放置在您的头皮和对每个耳垂。
- The frontal lobe of the brain is responsible for controlling movement.大脑前叶的功能是控制行动。
n.(肿)瘤,肿块(英)tumour
- He was died of a malignant tumor.他死于恶性肿瘤。
- The surgeons irradiated the tumor.外科医生用X射线照射那个肿瘤。
n.生理学,生理机能
- He bought a book about physiology.他买了一本生理学方面的书。
- He was awarded the Nobel Prize for achievements in physiology.他因生理学方面的建树而被授予诺贝尔奖。
n. 不愿意,不情愿
- Her unwillingness to answer questions undermined the strength of her position. 她不愿回答问题,这不利于她所处的形势。
- His apparent unwillingness would disappear if we paid him enough. 如果我们付足了钱,他露出的那副不乐意的神情就会消失。
n.让步,机率,可能性,比率;胜败优劣之别
- The odds are 5 to 1 that she will win.她获胜的机会是五比一。
- Do you know the odds of winning the lottery once?你知道赢得一次彩票的几率多大吗?
int.呼喊声
- Whoops! Careful, you almost spilt coffee everywhere. 哎哟!小心点,你差点把咖啡洒得到处都是。
- We were awakened by the whoops of the sick baby. 生病婴儿的喘息声把我们弄醒了。
v.怂恿(某人)干不正当的事;冒…的险(tempt的过去分词)
- I was sorely tempted to complain, but I didn't. 我极想发牢骚,但还是没开口。
- I was tempted by the dessert menu. 甜食菜单馋得我垂涎欲滴。
n.熟悉,亲密,密切关系,亲昵的言行
- His claims to an intimacy with the President are somewhat exaggerated.他声称自己与总统关系密切,这有点言过其实。
- I wish there were a rule book for intimacy.我希望能有个关于亲密的规则。
标签:
生活大爆炸