生活大爆炸第二季第十六集_3
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第二季
英语课
Yeah, sorry. I didn't, really think that through.
through: 【能起作用】
哦对不起我没想好就开口了
-Sheldon: You claimed it's going to be a week,, but I have no faith in your dry cleaner.
claime: 宣称 faith in: 有信心 dry cleaner: 干洗店,干洗工 cleaner: 清洁工
你说一周就行但我信不过你那干洗工
-Penny: Why not?
为什么?
-Sheldon: Did you notice the sign on his counter?
sign: 【招牌】 counter: 柜台
你注意到他柜台上的招牌没?
He's not a full-time 1 dry cleaner.
full-time: 全职的 dry cleaner: 干洗店
他不是专职干洗工
He also makes keys.
他还是个配钥匙的
-Leonard: Oh, for God's sake, Sheldon.
for god’s sake: 看在老天的份上 sake: 理由
看在老天的份上 Sheldon
-Sheldon: Focus is important.
focus: 集中
办事专注很重要的
Was Michael DeBakey a wedding, planner in between heart transplants?
wedding: 婚礼 planner: 策划 heart transplant: 心脏移植 transplant: 移植
心脏移植专家麦可·德贝基会兼职做婚礼策划员吗?
Did Alexander Fleming, moonlight as a hairdresser?
hairdresser: 美发师
细菌学家亚历山大·弗莱明会兼做美发师吗?
Thanks for discovering penicillin 2., Now how about we try a bouffant 3?
discover: 发现 penicillin: 盘尼西林,药名 bouffant: 蓬松的发式
感谢你发现了青霉素现在做个蓬松波浪发型怎样?
-Howard: Ooh, looks like I'm, gonna have sex tonight.
gonna: going to have sex: 做爱 sex: 性行为 tonight: 今晚
看来我今晚要嘿咻了
Hey, baby...
宝贝你好...
-Penny: His right hand is calling him?
他的右手给他打电话了?
-Leonard: No, it's Leslie Winkle., It's a long story.
It's a long story: 说来话长
不是啦是Leslie Winkle 说来话长
-Howard: I'll pick you up in ten minutes.
pick up: 接
我十分钟后去接你
-Howard: Gentlemen, adieu.
adieu: 再见
先生们再会
-Leonard: I thought we were going, to play Halo tonight.
halo: 光晕,一种游戏 tonight: 今夜
我们还得一起玩光晕呢
-Howard: What am I supposed to do, Leonard?
be suppose to: 认为
你说我该怎么做 Leonard?
-Howard: There's a woman out there, anxious to have sex with me.
anxious to: 渴望 have sex with: 与…做爱
有个女人正饥渴地盼望和我上床呢
-Howard: You understand, right?
你肯定能理解对吧?
-Penny: No. Not at all.
不完全不能
-Howard: Nevertheless, I must depart.
nevertheless: 然而 depart: 启程
不管怎样我得出发了
-Howard: By the way, did I tell you?
对了我告诉过你没有?
Leslie pulled some strings 4 and got me on the research, trip to Geneva to check out the CERN Supercollider.
pull strings: 在幕后操作 pull: 拉 string: 绳 on the trip: 旅行 Geneva: 日内瓦 CERN: 欧洲核子研究委员会 Supercollider: 超级对撞机 check out: 通过考核 check: 核对无误
由于Leslie暗箱操作我能去日内瓦的欧洲物理研究所参观超级超导对撞机了
-Leonard: That's not fair. You're, not even a physicist 5.
fair: 公平 physicist: 物理学家
这不公平你又不是物理学家
-Howard: Okay, there are two ways, of looking at this...
你可以换个角度看...
-Leonard: Get out., Bye.
Get out: 出去
出去!拜拜
[scene: on Howard’s bed,Howard and Leslie…]
-Leslie: You're improving.
improve: 进步
你有进步了
-Howard: Thank you. It helps when I get, to practice with a real woman.
practice: 练习
谢谢和真正的女人在一起进步快
-Leslie: Hey, listen. Saturday my, sister's getting married.
get married: 结婚
嘿我姐姐周六要结婚了
-Leslie: I want you to come, with me. It's black tie.
black tie: 男子半正式礼服 tie: 领带
我想你跟我一起去是半正式场合
-Howard: Yeah, gee 6, I'd really rather not.
gee: 快 would rather: 宁可
我还真不太想去
-Leslie: Why not?
为什么?
-Howard: When I go to weddings, it's, to scam on chunky bridesmaids.
wedding: 婚礼 scam: 欺骗 chunky: 矮胖的 bridesmaid: 伴娘
我去婚礼都是去骗胖胖的伴娘的
-Howard: I don't know what I, would do with a date.
date: 约会
不知道带了伴该干点啥
-Leslie: Oh, all right. I understand.
哦好吧能理解
-Howard: Thanks.
谢谢
-Leslie: Hey, I'm really sorry, about that Geneva trip.
Geneva: 日内瓦
日内瓦的事很抱歉
-Howard: What about it?
怎么了?
-Leslie: Oh, didn't you hear?
你没听说?
-Leslie: I had to reduce the number of people, going, and you didn't make the cut.
reduce: 减少 the number of: …的数量 make cut: 【削减】
要削减出行的人数你被选下来了
-Howard: When did that happen?
啥时候的事?
-Leslie: About 12 seconds ago.
大概12秒之前吧
-Howard: Well, hold on. Are you saying if I don't, go to the wedding, I can't go to Geneva?
wedding: 婚礼 Geneva: 日内瓦
等等你是说我不去婚礼就去不了日内瓦?
-Leslie: Actually, I'm trying not to say it.
我就是不想说那么明白嘛
-Howard: Okay, I'm sorry, but that, makes me a little uncomfortable.
uncomfortable: 不舒服
好吧抱歉但我觉得有点不自在
-Leslie: How so?
怎么会?
-Howard: Because it's like you're controlling me, with new equipment and research trips.
equipment: 设备 research: 研究 trip: 旅行
感觉你在用新仪器和外出调研控制我
-Leslie: Well, if I weren't controlling you with new equipment, and research trips, then I'd be uncomfortable.
uncomfortable: 不舒服
要是我不用新仪器和外出调研控制你就该换我不自在了
-Howard: How so?
怎么会?
-Leslie: because then we'd be in, like, a real, relationship with feelings and all that crap.
relationship: 关系 crap: 废话
因为那样的话我们就好像真正在交往了
-Howard: So, bottom line, I'm just a, bought-and-paid-for sex toy.
bottom line: 结果 bought-and-paid-for sex toy: 【这里可以理解成鸭子】 bought-and-paid: 【可以交易】 toy: 玩具
那么说到底我就是你摆弄的嘿咻玩偶
-Leslie: No. No, not at all. You're also arm candy.
arm candy: 【伴侣】 candy: 糖果
不才不是你还是个好伴儿
-Leslie: So? What do you think?
怎样? 你怎么想?
-Howard: Hey, Ma, you got to rent me a tux!
rent: 租 tux: 礼服
嘿妈帮我租件礼服!
-Howard’ mother: Right now?
现在?
What kind of sex are, you having up there?
你们在上面玩啥花样呢?
[scene: in Leonard’s house, Sheldon is eating the food.]
-Leonard: Why are you crouching 8 there?
crouch 7: 蹲
你干嘛蹲在这?
-Sheldon: This is my spot.
spot: 位置
这是我的地儿啊
Where else am I supposed to crouch?
crouch: 蹲
我还能蹲哪?
-Leonard: I don't know. Texas?
Texas: 德克萨斯州,美国州名
不知道德州?
-Penny: Here you go. Fresh from, the cleaners, good as new.
fresh: 新鲜的 cleaner: 干洗房 as: 像
来咯刚拿回来的焕然一新
-Leonard: Really? Great. Sheldon,, look. Good as new.
真的啊? 太好了 Sheldon 看看跟新的一样
-Sheldon: From that key maker 9, I highly doubt it.
key maker: 配钥匙的人 highly: 非常 doubt: 怀疑
那配钥匙的那儿不敢信
Come on, Sheldon. Just give it a try.
give a try: 尝试
好了啦 Sheldon 试试看嘛
-Sheldon: All right.
好吧
-Penny: There, nice and comfy, cozy 10. Zero, zero, zero.
comfy: 舒服的 cozy: 惬意的
好了舒适惬意安逸 0 0 0
-Sheldon: There's one more zero.
少了个0
-Sheldon: You forgot the time parameter 11.
parameter: 参数
你把时间参数忘了
-Penny: Sit on the damn couch.
damn: 该死的 couch: 沙发
坐你的沙发吧
-Sheldon: Nope.
nope: 不是
不对
-Penny: What do you mean, "nope"?, What's wrong with it?
啥意思啊"不对"? 有什么问题?
-Leonard: Nothing, it's what's wrong with him.
没问题有问题的是他
-Penny: It's exactly the same...,
exactly: 正是
完全是同一...
-Leonard: Penny, Penny,I think I know what to do.
我想我知道该怎么办了
-Leonard: Sheldon, I have some bad news.
Sheldon 我有坏消息
-Sheldon: More?
还有啊?
-Leonard: I'm afraid so.
恐怕是的
-Leonard: You know the cashew chicken, I get you Monday nights?
cashew chicken: 腰果鸡丁 cashew: 腰果
记得每周一晚上我给你买的腰果鸡丁吗?
-Sheldon: Yes. From Szechuan Palace.
Szechuan Palace: 川府菜馆 Szechuan: 四川 palace: 宫殿
是的川府菜馆买的嘛
-Leonard: Szechuan Palace closed two years ago.
川府菜馆两年前就关门了
-Sheldon: What? Whe did my cashew, chicken come from?
cashew chicken: 腰果鸡丁
什么? 那我的腰果鸡丁哪来的?
-Leonard: Golden Dragon.
golden: 金色的 dragon: 龙
金龙餐馆
-Sheldon: No.
不
No, this isn't right.
不这可不对啊
Our food always comes in, Szechuan Palace containers.
container: 容器
我们的菜一直是用川府的餐盒装的
-Leonard: Yeah, well, before they went out of, business, I bought 4,000 containers.
go out of busniess: 倒闭 container: 容器
他们关门前我买了4000个餐盒
-Leonard: I keep them in the trunk of my car.
trunk: 后备箱
放在我车的后备箱里
-Sheldon: But... Oh, this changes everything.
但...一切都变了
-Leonard: I thought that might take, his mind off the cushion.
take the mind off the cushion: 【忘掉垫子】 cushion: 垫子
我觉得可以让他忘了垫子的事
-Sheldon: What's real? What isn't? How can I know?
real: 真的
什么是真的? 什么不是? 我怎么知道?
-Penny: You did make that up, right?
make up: 编造
你瞎编的是吧?
-Leonard: Oh, God, I wish I had.
哦老天我倒希望是
-Sheldon: Leonard?,
-Leonard: Yeah, buddy 12?
buddy: 伙伴
怎么了伙计
-Sheldon: I still don't like this cushion.
cushion: 垫子
我还是不喜欢这垫子
[scene: in the shed, the four guys and Penny plays the paintball game.]
shed: 小屋 guy: 男人
-Leonard: , Penny, thank you for coming.
好了首先 Penny 谢谢你能来
-Penny: Thanks for the shoes.
鞋谢你了
-Leonard: Penny is an amazing shot. I think we, have a real chance to win this week.
amazing shot: 神枪手 amazing: 令人惊奇的 shot: 射手
Penny是神枪手我看这周我们赢面很大
-Howard: What's the plan?,
计划呢?
-Leonard: Okay. Now, we All Run out.
run out: 逃跑
这样现在我们都跑出去
Sheldon and I will cut to, the left behind these trees.
cut: 【包抄】
Sheldon和我切到左边树后面
Raj, Howard and Leslie flank, to the right behind the rocks.
flank: 侧面 behind the rock: 在石头后 rock: 石头
Raj Howard和Leslie守在右侧石头后
Then we'll all have a great view as Penny, runs out and kills everyone else in sight.
have a view: 【能看到的】 view: 视野 run out: 跑出 in sight: 看得见 sight: 眼界
Penny出来将视线中的敌人一举歼灭时我们将有非常好的视线
-Sheldon: Just one thing before we start.
开战前还有一件事
-Leonard: What is it, Sheldon?
什么事 Sheldon?
-Penny: What the hell?
What the hell: (表示不在乎、无可奈何、气恼、不耐烦等)究竟,到底
搞什么啊?
-Sheldon: That was for my cushion.
cushion: 垫子
这下是为了我的垫子
-Leonard: Sheldon, Penny was our only hope.
Sheldon Penny是我们唯一的希望
-Sheldon: I'm sorry, Leonard. But revenge, is a dish best served cold.
revenge is a dish best served cold: 【报仇就要冷不及防,俚语】revenge: 报仇 dish: 菜 serve: 服务
抱歉 Leonard 但报仇就要冷不及防
-Penny: Screw that.
screw: 【去你的】,原意为拧
去你的
-Sheldon: She can't shoot me. She's dead.
她不能打我的她死了呀
-Leonard: He's right. You can't.
他说的对你不能开枪
-Sheldon: Well, if we're going to, descend 13 into anarchy 14...
descend into: 陷入 descend: 向下去 anarchy: 混乱
要是真想混乱下去的话...
-Howard: Okay, see you.
see you: see you later 的省略,再见
好吧再见
-Leonard: Where are you going?
你们去哪?
-Leslie: Surrender, then Denny's.,
surrender: 投降
投降然后去Denny's餐馆吃饭
adj.满工作日的或工作周的,全时间的
- A full-time job may be too much for her.全天工作她恐怕吃不消。
- I don't know how she copes with looking after her family and doing a full-time job.既要照顾家庭又要全天工作,我不知道她是如何对付的。
n.青霉素,盘尼西林
- I should have asked him for a shot of penicillin.我应当让他给我打一针青霉素的。
- Penicillin was an extremely significant medical discovery.青霉素是极其重要的医学发现。
adj.(发式、裙子等)向外胀起的
- Her short brown hair was curled in a puffy bouffant hairdo.她棕色的卷卷的短发蓬松鼓起。
- For example,in the late 1960 s women became tired of bouffant hairstyles and sought new looks.例如在20世纪60年代后期,妇女开始对蓬松的发型感到厌倦,开始追求新的形象。
n.弦
- He sat on the bed,idly plucking the strings of his guitar.他坐在床上,随意地拨着吉他的弦。
- She swept her fingers over the strings of the harp.她用手指划过竖琴的琴弦。
n.物理学家,研究物理学的人
- He is a physicist of the first rank.他是一流的物理学家。
- The successful physicist never puts on airs.这位卓有成就的物理学家从不摆架子。
n.马;int.向右!前进!,惊讶时所发声音;v.向右转
- Their success last week will gee the team up.上星期的胜利将激励这支队伍继续前进。
- Gee,We're going to make a lot of money.哇!我们会赚好多钱啦!
v.屈膝,蹲伏( crouch的现在分词 )
- a hulking figure crouching in the darkness 黑暗中蹲伏着的一个庞大身影
- A young man was crouching by the table, busily searching for something. 一个年轻人正蹲在桌边翻看什么。 来自汉英文学 - 散文英译
n.制造者,制造商
- He is a trouble maker,You must be distant with him.他是个捣蛋鬼,你不要跟他在一起。
- A cabinet maker must be a master craftsman.家具木工必须是技艺高超的手艺人。
adj.亲如手足的,密切的,暖和舒服的
- I like blankets because they are cozy.我喜欢毛毯,因为他们是舒适的。
- We spent a cozy evening chatting by the fire.我们在炉火旁聊天度过了一个舒适的晚上。
n.参数,参量
- It is the parameter of distribution.这就是分布参数。
- One parameter which always comes into play is the national economy.国民经济是一个经常起作用的参量。
n.(美口)密友,伙伴
- Calm down,buddy.What's the trouble?压压气,老兄。有什么麻烦吗?
- Get out of my way,buddy!别挡道了,你这家伙!
vt./vi.传下来,下来,下降
- I hope the grace of God would descend on me.我期望上帝的恩惠。
- We're not going to descend to such methods.我们不会沦落到使用这种手段。
标签:
生活大爆炸