Networks get things done. Whether its sending a letter or lighting your home, networks make it happen. To get from Chicago to Santa Fe, we need to see the network of roads that will get us there. We see that Chicago is connected to St. Louis, which i

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(196) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Remember the good old days of TV andradio? Everyone would gather around to be entertained. Shows were broadcast atspecific times and if you werent there on time, you missed it. Broadcasts disappeared into the ether. Well, things have changed. This is

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2010年

Theinvestors see this and want a piece of the action, and this gives Wall Streetan idea. They can connect the investors to the homeowners through mortgages. Hereshow it works. A familywants a house, so they save for a downpayment, and contact the mor

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2010年

So just like always, the mortgage brokerconnects the family with a lender and a mortgage making his commission. Thefamily buys a big house. The lender sells the mortgage to the investmentbanker, who turns it into a CDO, and sells slices to the invest

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2010年

Often, there is surely only one thingstanding between your sensitive information and criminals, your password. Ifthey get it, they can get into bank accounts and private files, and wreak havoc. For this reason, itsimportant to know what makes a passw

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2010年

Let's fast-forward two months to make our second point: Why tags are so important. Let's say you now have a hundred bookmarked sites. Chaos, right? Well, since you added tags, you have a way to sort the bookmarks by the tags you assigned. To find all

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

So why is there always enough money for the dinosaur economy, from big oil to bailouts for big banks, but when it comes to building a better future, were supposedly broke? Maybe its because these guys know how to ask for it. Their lobbyists and giant

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

Well, first the military takes the biggest chunk, 726 billion dollars in 2011. Wow! We could build a lot of better future with that kind of money. Spending billions on fighter planes we don't need or wars with no end and then saying we're broke just

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

These last few years, Ive had to get a lot more careful about how I spend my paycheck. Everyone has. Like Im eating out less often, holding back on expenses I dont really need, and saving for my kids college. Im getting more responsible, taking contr

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

Things move fast on the web and it's hard to keep up with your favorite sites by visiting them separately. Thankfully, Google Reader can help. Google Reader lets you subscribe to websites, so new content comes to you when it's posted. Here's how it w

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Blogs are websites that are organized by blog posts - these are individual news stories, like articles in the paper. Bloggers simply fill out a form like this one to post a new story. With the click of a button, the blog post appears at the top of th

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Sometimes we dont have the money we need to accomplish a goal. Borrowing money can help, but if we arent aware of how the system works, it can create bigger problems for us. This is Borrowing Money in Plain English. Among friends, borrowing money see

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Hi, Im Donna Barnes. Im a life and dating coach and owner of NY Dating Coach here in New York City. In this clip well talk about romantic ways to get engaged, and really I guess your primary goal should be something thats gonna last and be a great st

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Hi, I'm Donna Barnes. I'm a life and relationship coach, and owner of NY Dating Coach in New York City. In this clip well talk about how to deal with rejection. And the first thing you do is not look at it like rejection. If he's not interested in yo

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

To have a romantic birthday party for yourboyfriend, if theres going to be other people there, more than just you andhim, then do something a little playful to give him something to look forwardto after that just the two of you will be at, like maybe

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2010年

So, you are on the Internet using a web browser. You know that thing with the address bar, and back button, and bookmarks. That thing you are in right now, up there, yeah, that's your web browser. If you like me when youre on your own computer, you s

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

Here we go again. In my lifetime, formercolonies gained independence, and then finally they started to get healthier,and healthier, and healthier. And in the 1970s, then countries in Asia and LatinAmerica started to catch up with the western countrie

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

The book business hasn't changed very much in the past 500 years. Someone writes a book. Someone publishes it. And you buy it and carry it around until you're done reading it. Then if you're a book lover, you repeat this process for lots, and lots, a

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

One thing we do know is that theyre getting inside us. I had my body's toxicity levels tested and Im loaded with things like mercury, flame retardants, triclosan and lead! We all are. Even babies are being born pre-polluted. Now I know we can't live

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

So, what an honor; you have been designated to do the toast. Hi, I'm Hazely Lopez, director of Hazely Academy of Refinement and Modeling, and I'm here to talk to you about how to propose a toast. First of all, you want to make sure that before you ar

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2010年