栏目简介: 越年长的人越懂得腊八粥的滋味。 知识多不压身: 本期内容: different strokes for different folks 萝卜青菜各有所爱 Oh, a radish! A big radish! I will pull it out. 啊,一个萝卜!一个大萝卜!我

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(280) / 评论(0) 分类 美食英语随身听

Last month, I had a 91 year old hospice patient, old John who was dying of CHF. His wife had died 2 years ago, so he was alone. He had long since given up being able to care for his pet dog Pepper, a small, rat-looking, yappy dog who was 16 (112 in

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语灵异故事

流行1:如何辨析GRE阅读中的错误观点? GRE喜新厌旧。老观点,通常是错误观点。 同学们是否同意这个观点。我对这个观点的看法是极其肤浅。老观点后面的观点如果是作者的,才有可能认为前

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

Coffee is more popular today than ever before, but many people abstain from consuming too much of it because it can really take a toll on their pearly whites. Well, thanks to the worlds first colorless coffee, you dont have to worry about stained tee

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Brain tests at the age of three appear to predict a child's future chance of success in life, say researchers. 研究人员于日前表示,三岁时的大脑测试似乎预示着一个孩子未来在生活中获得成功的机会。 Low cognitive t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

one's old stamping ground 老地方 英文释义 A location where one formerly spent a lot of time. 例句 I like to revisit the caf near my university which was my old stamping ground when I was a student. 我喜欢去我的大学附近的这家咖啡

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 每日商务英语

著名乡村民谣女歌手哈瑞斯为奥斯卡电影《断背山》演唱的歌曲《一份永不老的爱》。获63届美国电影电视金球奖最佳原创歌曲奖。惜败给电影《川流熙攘》的插曲《生活不易》,最终与2006年的奥斯卡奖无缘。 电影中,两个男孩不为世人认同的情感归宿无果而终。就像歌中唱到的

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

I went to Grandmother's house many more times after that, and she always kept her same routine. It was a welcome routine, one that I enjoyed every week. Grandmother didn't talk to me after that about the coffee catastrophe as I called it, but eventua

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

经典歌曲-老橡树上的黄丝带Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree--Perry Como I'm comin' home, I've done my time Now I've got to know what is and isn't mine If you received my letter telling you I'd soon be free Then you'll know just wh

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

A longtime roller coaster fan has celebrated his 5,000th ride on a western Pennsylvania coaster over the holiday weekend and he did it with close to triple-digit rides in a single day. 一个老过山车迷在周末假期庆祝了他在宾夕法尼亚州

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

For those concerned about wrinkly old skin, it might be an ingenious solution: a stretchy second skin that can make aged tissue look more youthful. 对于那些担心皱纹横生的衰老皮肤的人来说,这可能是一种独创解决方案:一种

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(240) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

A new poll has revealed that wearing glasses ages people by at least three years. On average, glasses-wearers were put at 3.3 years older than they actually were in the survey of 4,000 people commissioned by the London Vision Clinic。 Those who wear

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

君生我未生,我生君已老 Carina Round Backseat Carina Round We were sleeping in for years, letting go of our friends Scaring our friends We were seeing clear and closing our eyes And our lashes intertwined The things you find in the backseat

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

俚语:老啦!(女士专用语) 校园里流传着这样一种说法:大一的女生是青苹果,好看不好吃;大二的女生是红苹果,好看又好吃;大三的女生是香蕉,好吃不好看;大四的女生是西红柿,还

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Colon cancer patients who were heavy coffee drinkers had a far lower risk of dying or having their cancer return than those who did not drink coffee, with significant benefits starting at two to three cups a day, a new study found. Patients who drank

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Lesson 46 A Cup Of Coffee 第46课 一杯咖啡 If you ask a grocer for some coffee, he will give you a dark-brown powder which has a strong, pleasant smell. 你去杂货商那儿买咖啡, 他会给你一种深棕色的粉末, 散发着强烈的香味

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

【生词预览】 violent猛烈的,thunderstorm雷暴,tuck给?盖被子,tremor颤抖,sissy胆小鬼 【笑话原文】 A Big Sissy One summer evening, during a violent thunderstorm, a mother was tucking her small boy into bed. She was about

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

A group of graduates got together to visit their old university professor. 一群毕业生,各自在事业上都已有所建树,相约一起去看望他们年老的大学教授。 The conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Business. 商业。 The New York Times. 《纽约时报》。 From BBC to NYT. 从 BBC 到 NYT。 A new boss for an old paper. 老报纸,新总裁。 THE New York Times Company, an American newspaper group, has a history of ill-fated acquisitions,

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

How to be confident? Ditch the comparisons 不要老和别人比 You are you. That's all that can be expected of you.There's really no point in comparing the unique person that is yourself to someone else. Just remember: You have not walked the same

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening