M: what did you do over the weekend? K: I went a global warming rally in London. It was fantastic to be around so many people who care about the environment. M: do you think there's anything we can do to reverse the damage that's been done already? K

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

A Harvard commencement is a special occasion.How could anyone not have been thrilled by this morning's assembly?25,000people packed in the Harvard yard to celebrate one of the great occasions of life.I loved it all,and I love this great gathering a

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

Competing rallies have been held in Washington on the anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s I Have a Dream speech, offering different visions for America's future. Hundreds of thousands of people attended the bigger protest, a conservative rally on

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年8月

We're going to start today by recapping a few events from the weekend. It was an eventful one in the U.S. Saturday night, on his 100th day in office, President Donald Trump attended a rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He was with the crowd that help

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年6月

Tens of thousands of Muslims took to the streets of Indian administered Kashmir Saturday to mourn the death of a separatist leader. 数万名穆斯林星期六在印控克什米尔地区举行抗议,悼念一名分离主义领导人。 Protesters t

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

华盛顿跨宗教团体集会呼吁团结一心反对恐主义 This is America,this is America. 这里是美国, 这里是美国。 Biden criticized US political leaders who have been calling for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

Nigerians in US Rally for Kidnapped Girls Back Home 在美的尼日利亚人为被绑架的女孩举行集会 The threat by the Islamist militant group Boko Haram to sell the scores of school girls it says it kidnapped three weeks ago has sparked out

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(五月)

Russians Rally for Press Freedom, Truth 俄罗斯为新闻自由的集会 MOSCOW Russian opposition supporters took to Moscows streets on Sunday to defend press freedom they allege is being replaced by government propaganda. It's a direct connection,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(四月)

I wanna turn now to the Friday moments on the court of Wimbledon, how scare for Serena Williams, she became dizzy and disoriented in the middle of a match, shocking spectators who watch turn concerned. Something is not right with Serena, the drama un

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2014年

Groups Rally Support for ICC 团体集会支持国际刑事法院 Some 130 groups from across Africa are calling on governments to reaffirm their support for the International Criminal Court based in The Hague. Theyve released an open letter in advan

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

Asian and European leaders are meeting in the Chinese capital to discuss ways to increase confidence in world markets. Chinese President Hu Jintao has said uncertainties and instability are increasing in China's economy as a result of the global fina

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月