More US Companies Warn Tariffs will Lead to Higher Prices A growing number of major American companies are warning that President Donald Trumps tariffs on U.S. imports are raising their costs and prices. Jim Hackett, head of Ford Motor Company, said

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Scientists Warn AI Can Be Dangerous as Well as Helpful to Humans 科学家警告人工智能对人类的利与弊 LOS ANGELES Artificial intelligence, or AI, no longer simply exists in science fiction movies and books. Scientists warn AI has and will

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(五月)

Red is The First Colour a Baby Sees Research suggests that red is the first colour that a baby sees. Does this mean that new parents should wear red to greet their newborns? Not exactly. Human babies dont begin to differentiate colours until a few we

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

International Community Warns of a Possible Famine in S. Sudan 国际社会警告南苏丹可能发生饥荒 From VOA Learning English, this is the Agriculture Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语农业报道。 The international community is wa

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(四)月

科学家警告人工智能对人类的利与弊 From the personal assistant Siri, to doing searches on the Internet, to the autopilot function, simple artificial intelligence, or AI, has been around for some time, but is quickly getting more complex

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(五月)

Iran Official Warns of Damage if Nuclear Deal Fails to Boost Economy 伊朗官员警告核协议若未能提振经济的风险 LONDON A senior Iranian official has warned that if Iran does not benefit from increased trade following the nuclear deal w

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(三月)

教科文组织警告战区文化清洗 LONDON The head of the United Nations cultural organization says the loss of ancient artifacts destroyed by militants in Iraq and Syria has long-term implications for security and peace in the region. Militants

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

印度医生警告电子设备成瘾严重后果 坚决不向手机低头 10 years old Owaish Batliwala, from Mumbai, India, admitted spending three to four hours each day playing games on his tablet computer.When he started complaining about a neck

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(七月)

Both China and South Korea are warning Japan not to hamper regional peace and stability. The call comes after the Japanese cabinet passed a controversial resolution which will allow Japan to send troops overseas. The Chinese government is warning thi

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

Britain ' s Chief Rabbi Warns of Rising Anti-Semitism in Europe Michael Drudge London 31 Aug 2001 As the United Nations conference on racism opens in South Africa, Britain ' s chief 1)rabbi Jonathan S

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

FAO: Animal to Human Disease More Likely 粮农组织警告动物来源疾病的传播 About 70 percent of the new diseases that have infected humans in recent decades have come from animals. The U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization warns its getti

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)

Hong Kong Chief Executive, Leung Chun-ying is warning the city would take necessary actions, unless the Philippines makes substantial progress within a month over the 2010 Manila hostage tragedy. Speaking ahead of a debate by lawmakers calling for sa

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年11月

International aid agency Oxfam is calling for a major change of direction by Western countries in their efforts to reduce suffering in Afghanistan. It warns poverty is driving ordinary Afghans into the arms of insurgents and drug gangs. 国际救援机

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年2月

今天我们要学的词是superbug。Superbug 超级细菌。The CDC sounded the alarm on a deadly and untreatable superbug. 美国疾病预防控制中心对目前尚无法治疗的致命超级细菌的蔓延提出警告。Superbugs are currently m

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

U.S. President Barack Obama says the U.S. and Germany are prepared to impose broader sanctions on Russia if it continues to destabilize Ukraine. Obama said at a joint news conference with visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the White House th

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

Former Kenyan President Daniel Arap Moi cautions Kenyans from putting excessive hope in U.S. President Barack Obama and says Kenyans should be focusing on finding local solutions to their problems. 肯尼亚前总统莫伊警告肯尼亚人不要将过

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年7月

U.S. President Barack Obama is warning of an even greater humanitarian crisis in Sudan's troubled Darfur region. The fate of the people of Darfur dominated his talks at the White House with United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon. 美国总统奥巴

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年3月

The International Red Cross says heavy rains will bring new misery to survivors of the cyclone in Burma's Irrawaddy Delta region. 国际红十字会说,暴雨将给缅甸伊洛瓦底三角洲地区的强热带风暴灾民带来新的苦难。 Offic

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年5月

介绍: A slap in the face 打脸 It was a real slap in the face when she got promoted over me, especially after the amount of work I did on the last project. 上个项目我做的工作比她多,我没升职她反而升职了,真是打脸。 S

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

歌词: Break a bone Got me on my knees You break my heart Just to watch it bleed I'm sick with love Sick like a disease Don't call me up Just so I can please you I can't stand the way you're smiling I can't stand the way I'm lying I know, I know,

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲