This is AP News Minute. Authorities in northern California are looking for more victims from the state's deadliest wildfire ever. At least 48 people are known dead in the fire that swpet through the city of Paradise. Mexican drug lord Joaquin 'El Cha

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2018(十一)月

Please join me in welcoming the First Lady of the United States of America, Mrs. Michelle Obama. MRS. OBAMA: Thank you all. (Applause.) Thank you so much. (Applause.) Lets let our graduates rest themselves. Youve worked hard for those seats! (Applaus

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Now, perhaps when you hear these statistics, you might think to yourself 听到这些统计数据 你也许会想 well, those numbers are terrible, but I'm not part of the problem 这些数字很糟糕 但我没有这方面的问题 And you might be

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

So, graduates 毕业生们 I hope that you understand that this day is not just the culmination of your own dreams 我希望你们理解 今天并不只是你们自己梦想的实现 but the realization of the dreams of so many who came before you 今天

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

He said and these are his words he said 我引用他的原话 他说 For twenty years I was a slave on these streets 我在这些街道上当了二十年奴隶 It was a penitentiary offense to educate a Negro 为黑人提供教育曾是应处监禁的罪

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

That's all I can say 这就是我想说的了 It's like you want to start something up in here, right 你们很期待接下来的内容 对吧 It's like, now we got a commencement going on up in here 这里 我们正在进行着毕业典礼 That was

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

First lady of the United States of America 美利坚合众国第一夫人 Mrs. Michelle Obama 米歇尔.奥巴马夫人 Oh, my goodness 哦 我的天啊 Good morning 早上好 I am so happy to be here with you all 我很高兴同大家一起聚到这里

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

And you know, what struck me when I first met Barack was that even though he had this funny name, and even though he had grown up all the way across the continent in Hawaii, his family was so much like mine. He was raised by grandparents who were wor

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

And it was strong enough to bring hope to people who came out on a cold Iowa night--and became the first voices in this chorus for change that has been echoed by millions of Americans from every corner of this nation--millions of Americans who know t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

See, that's why Barack's running: to end the war in Irap responsibly; to build an economy that lifts every family; to make sure health care is available for every American; and to make sure single child in this nation has a world-class education all

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

And the people gathered there together that day were ordinary folks doing the best they could to build a good life. See, they were parents trying to get by from paycheck to paycheck; grandparents trying to get it together on a fixed income; men frust

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

美国同性配偶享受同等移民法 Last week, the U.S. Supreme Court held that the federal government must recognize same-sex marriages just as it does for heterosexuals. The ruling has special significance for thousands of gay Americans married

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年7月

And when she was gone my grandmother stepped up to take care of me She only had a high school education. 她不在家时我的外祖母承担起照顾我的责任她仅受过高中教育 She got a job at a local bank She hit the glass ceiling and wat

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

今天我们要学的词是ball。 Ball, 是球的意思。不过,ball 作为名词,在英语里还有一个常用的意思,指正式舞会。 After being sworn in as the first-ever African American president, Barack Obama and his wife Michele

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Thank you all. Thank you so much. You know, it's hard to believe that it has been eight years since I first came to this convention to talk with you about why I thought my husband should be president. 谢谢各位,谢谢。真是令人难以置信,

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Be the best father you can be to your children. 当好父亲 尽最大努力照顾你的子女. Because nothing is more important. 因为没有比这更重要的. I was raised by a heroic single mom. 我由单亲妈妈带大 她是一位英雄. Wonde

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

o, you can either choose to use those opportunities 你可以选择使用这些机会 to continue fighting the fights that we've been locked in for decades 继续数十年来人类之间持续的冲突和斗争 or you can choose to reject those old d

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

You might just hear something in that sermon that stays with you 你肯定会听到一些让你受益的训诫 If you're a Democrat, spend some time talking to a Republican 如果你是民主党人 花点时间同共和党人谈谈 And if you're a Re

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

And that leads me to my third question 这就引出了我的第三个问题 Who are you gonna include in your life? 你生命中将包括谁 Then EKU community's outreach to veterans 东肯塔基大学社区将援手伸向退伍军人 offers part of

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

See here at Eastern, you have an extraordinary culture of service 这是在东部 你们有非比寻常的服务传统 Many of you spent your spring break volunteering in places 春假时 你们很多人都到新奥尔良 like New Orleans and Washing

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲