演讲简介:即使我们生活外表上看起来还行,内在的世界却可能是个痛苦的世界,导致一些人决定轻身。在TEDYou上,约翰施拉姆邀请大家打破自杀者和试图自杀者之间的沉默,并提供更多资源

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:生存故事

break 打破 brave 勇敢的 bright 明亮的 brown 棕色 brother 兄弟 bread 面包 breakfast 早餐

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 用听的背单词-基础2000MP3(a-g)

Ms Kon, a tall 60-year-old with cropped greying hair, says the men have nothing to worry about. Kon女士60岁,高个,灰白短发,她认为男性没什么好担心的。 Her marionettes do not have spirits or powers because they are modern, ma

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Books and Arts 《图书与艺术》版块 Art, gender and conflict 艺术、性别和冲突 The puppet-mistress of Mali 马里的木偶女王 The struggles of the only female practitioner of a venerable art form 古老艺术形式唯一女性传承者

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Walking in London 漫步伦敦 Footfalls 足音 Urban pedestrians buck a national trend 伦敦步行者打破全国性趋势 LONDON is a city made for walking.Unlike, for instance, Los Angeles its centre is easily accessible on foot.Outer boroughs ar

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

busting my ass 的意思是让难堪/ 努力工作 例句: I wish the directors just would stop, you know, busting my ass because I already have lots of problems. 我真的希望导演别再为难我,我的麻烦事已经够多了。 Every day I

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

In the collective imagination, there are two Europes: the industrious north, with relatively low unemployment and dynamic economies, and the sluggish south, where people would just as soon kick back, sip an espresso and watch the world go by. Many pe

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

China came late to Star Wars but arrived in a big way when the latest film in the series broke Chinese box office records on Saturday, according to Walt Disney. 《星球大战》(Star Wars)虽较晚登陆中国,但来势汹汹。据迪士尼公司

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Yao Ming, member of Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and former NBA all-star player, was unanimously voted as the president of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) here on Thursday. 奈史密斯篮球名人堂成员、NBA前全明星球员

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

breaking the habit Linkin Park Translate it!Thanks! Memories consume Like opening the wound I m picking me apart again You all assume I m safe here in my room (unless I try to start again) I don t want to be the one The battles always choose Cause in

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

At age 59, the lovely Yasmina Rossi is breaking all the rules of the fashion world. Despite herage, she is a highly sought-after model, working for several international brands. 美丽的雅思敏娜罗西正在打破时尚界的所有规则。尽管已

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

JUDY WOODRUFF: On Israel's border, a morbid anniversary passes this week for a raging war which has claimed more than 200,000 lives, and has left millions homeless. Four years in, and there's no end in sight to the killing in Syria. Just today, new g

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Leaders 社论 Video games 电子游戏 The price of free 免费的代价 The rush to extract money from players risks a regulatory backlash 急于榨取玩家资金会带来监管反弹风险 Moral Panics over new media are old hat. 新媒体带来的

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

The second is the realisation that players will happily pay real money for virtual goods. 第二,玩家将更愿意为虚拟商品支付真实资金。 These can be upgrades, costumes or weapons for their in-game characters, 虚拟商品可能是游戏

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

As immigration activists gathered in Lower Manhattan on Friday afternoon, chanting in Spanish to denounce the Supreme Court deadlock that effectively shut down President Obamas program of deportation relief, a group of eight advocates stood quietly i

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

有心理障碍的人,一般都不愿意与人交流,心理上对说英语存在抵抗。首先要认识到,其实托福口语考试是和听力一样,在出国后的日常生活中用处最大。托福口语考试前如何调整心态一定要引

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

讲解文本: give me a break 让我休息一下,得了吧你,饶了我吧 You think he is the best in our team? Give me a break! 你觉得他是最好的?得了吧你! Come on. Give me a break, I don't want to do this. 拜托,饶了我吧,

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

【英文】She renewed her commitment and broke a record today! 【翻译】她今天重返队伍,还打破了纪录!

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Cartel-busting 商业组织联合体机制正被打破 Boring can still be bad 无趣之势依旧呈现糟糕状态 Market-rigging in unsexy industries costs consumers a lot. More can be done to detect and deter it. 无聊行业在操纵市场方面使

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

A reason to live, reason to love You gave me them both and more yet, A reason to fall, and a reason to hide Suddenly all I'm left with... I was so sure this was real, but Now I'm sure of nothing at all [Chorus:] I had to shatter to pieces You made me

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅