This is the moment New Zealand's largest earthquake in 20 years' struck. I was behind the counter serving a couple of customers and just the power of the earthquake was just absolutely amazing, and you could just see your stock just flying across th

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

This is one of China's lucky survivors. His hind legs crushed after a 7.9 magnitude earthquake hit the Sichuan Province last May, killing nearly 70,000 people, but his luck didn't stop there. He was picked up by this woman and brought to her private

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Does City Living Hurt Mental Health? From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. 这里是VOA慢速英语健康生活报道。 Are people happier in nature with blue skies overhead and fresh green grass underfoot? Could noisy stre

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

1. Political protests in Ukraine (are) growing more violent. Clashes between police and the opposition killed at least 25 people and injured more than 240 overnight. 2. An employee for the NSA charged with first-degree murder in the death of his 3-ye

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(二)月

The Snail, much against her usual habit, began to run like a lizard under a summer sun. 蜗牛一反常性,跑得像夏日太阳底下的一条晰蜴。 When Pinocchio returned home, his father asked him: And where is the new suit? 皮诺乔回到家

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 木偶奇遇记

Having robbed the bank in record time, it was possible to make off with the town's chocolate rabbit as well. 在飞速洗劫了银行之后,还能偷走镇上的巧克力兔子。 The modifying phrase in this sentence seems unrelated to anything el

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Five things you should know about earthquakes. 关于地震你应该知道的5点 Number one, an earthquake occurs when two blocks of the Earth slip fast each other. Now, for most of the time, those blocks are together with friction. But they are bui

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年11月

That`s our first story today on CNN 10. Thank you for watching. 头条新闻。欢迎收看CNN学生新闻。 There aren`t many earthquakes each year that have a magnitude greater than 7.0. This one was magnitude 7.3. The U.S. Geological Survey says

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年11月

Those all-nighters powered by caffeine may be doing more damage than expected. According to a recent study, brain development in teenagers can be delayed by over-consumption of caffeine. Teenage brains need solid sleep for their development. Caffeine

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. Doctors have been warning for years that secondhand smoke leads to many types of illness. However, many children around the world live in areas where adults regularly smoke. A journal ca

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

AS IT IS 2016-04-19 Survivors Sought After Ecuador, Japan Quakes厄瓜多尔和日本发生地震 幸存者搜救工作还在继续 Efforts to rescue victims continue after strong earthquakes in Ecuador and Japan killed hundreds and injured thousands

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

历年考研英语的高频单词( 3 ~ 13 次) 历年考研英语的高频单词( 2 次) harbor/harbour n.港口,海港;避难所,藏身处 v.隐匿,窝藏,包庇 hard a.硬的,坚固的;困难

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

09年12月六级作文预测及范文(24) Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay entitled How to Eliminate Fake Diplomas? You should write at least 150 words following the outline given below: 1)目前假文凭现象屡见不鲜 2)

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(196) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Exercising for as little as two-and-a-half hours a week can undo damage done by sitting down all day, a study has found. 研究发现,每周仅需2.5小时的锻炼,就可抵消终日久坐带来的危害。 The study by the University of Leicest

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

One priority of the current rescue operation is to reach the worst-hit area of Ludian, transfer the injured to hospitals and find those people who remain missing. But damaged roads are making these efforts very difficult. Landslides caused by the qua

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年08月

Though No is a very little word, it is not always easy to say it; and the not doing so, often causes trouble. 虽然不是个非常简单的词语,可是要说出来并不总是容易的;而不把它说出来,常常会引来麻烦。 When we ar

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第三册

The ground may feel solid, but far beneath our feet, extremely hot rock at extremely high pressure is flowing like slow, underground rivers. No one has ever seen that far into the earth, but we see the results of that movement in every earthquake and

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Due to its safer nature, marijuana is often suggested as an alternative to alcohol. However, heavy use can be harmful. Since pot smoke is chemically very similar to tobacco smoke, heavy pot smoke

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

LESSON 16 The wasp and the bee 第十六课 黄蜂和蜜蜂 A wasp met a bee that was just buzzing by, 一只黄蜂遇见了一只嗡嗡作响的蜜蜂, And he said, Little cousin, can you tell me why 他问:小表妹,你能告诉我为什么 You

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第二册

Elena: How can you ask me that? Stefan:Because you knowing this is dangerous for so many reasons.You can hate me, but I need you to trust me. Elena: Just go. Just go, please. Go. If you mean me no harm, then you go. Stefan: I never wanted this.

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音