英国语文第二册 第16期:黄蜂和蜜蜂
时间:2019-02-21 作者:英语课 分类:英国语文第二册
英语课
LESSON 16 The wasp 1 and the bee 第十六课 黄蜂和蜜蜂
A wasp met a bee that was just buzzing by, 一只黄蜂遇见了一只嗡嗡作响的蜜蜂,
And he said, Little cousin, can you tell me why 他问:小表妹,你能告诉我为什么
You are loved so much better by people than I? 人类爱你比爱我更多吗?”
My back shines as bright and as yellow as gold, 我的背发光像黄金一样又亮又黄,
And my shape is most elegant,too, to behold 2; 我的身材看起来也是最优雅的;
Yet nobody likes me for that, I am told.— 但是我被告知没人因为这些喜欢我。”——
Ah, cousin! said the bee, 'tis all very true; 呀,表哥!”蜜蜂说,“这些都对;
But if I were half as much mischief 3 to do, 但如果我把尽可能多的恶作剧做了一半,
Indeed they would love me no better than you. 他们对我的爱真的不会比你多多少。
You have a fine shape, and a delicate wing; 你有好的身材,精美的翅膀;
They own you are handsome;but then there's one thing 他们承认你很英俊;但有一件事
They cannot put up with and that is your sting. 他们不能忍受,那就是你的刺。
My coat is quite homely 4 and plain, as you see, 就像你看到的,我的外表非常平凡、朴素,
Yet nobody ever is angry with me— 但没人曾生过我的气——
Because I'm a harmless and diligent 5 bee. 因为我是一只无害的、勤劳的蜜蜂。”
From this little story let people beware; 这个小故事让人们当心;
Because, like the wasp, if ill-natured they are, 因为,就像黄蜂,如果他们心地不良,
They will never be loved, though ever so fair. 尽管非常美丽,他们也不会受人喜爱。
n.黄蜂,蚂蜂
- A wasp stung me on the arm.黄蜂蜇了我的手臂。
- Through the glass we can see the wasp.透过玻璃我们可以看到黄蜂。
v.看,注视,看到
- The industry of these little ants is wonderful to behold.这些小蚂蚁辛勤劳动的样子看上去真令人惊叹。
- The sunrise at the seaside was quite a sight to behold.海滨日出真是个奇景。
n.损害,伤害,危害;恶作剧,捣蛋,胡闹
- Nobody took notice of the mischief of the matter. 没有人注意到这件事情所带来的危害。
- He seems to intend mischief.看来他想捣蛋。
adj.家常的,简朴的;不漂亮的
- We had a homely meal of bread and cheese.我们吃了一顿面包加乳酪的家常便餐。
- Come and have a homely meal with us,will you?来和我们一起吃顿家常便饭,好吗?