新技术使牙医病人少遭罪 Medical robots help surgeons perform delicate operations more safely and with greater dexterity than with instruments manipulated by hand. Such sophisticated tools also help doctors work more quickly. One machine red

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年12月

National Sense of Smell Day is an annual event sponsored by the Sense of Smell Institute. It is an American holiday that takes place every year on the last Saturday of April. Many different events are organized at childrens museums and science center

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

Panic and Its Effects One afternoon while she was preparing dinner in her kitchen, Anne Peters, a 32-year-old American housewife, suddenly had severe pains in her chest accompanied by shortness of bre

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

When I was growing up, I really liked playing hide-and-seek a lot. 在我小时候, 我很喜欢玩躲猫猫的游戏。 One time, though, I thought climbing a tree would lead to a great hiding spot, 有一次,我找到了个最佳藏身点-爬到树

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

本项中最常用的英语表示法是Contraindications,也有用Restrictions on Use(用药限制)的。 一、本项中涉及到禁用(或慎用)某些药物的患者或某种特殊情况,例如: 1、孕妇、妊娠期或哺乳期,幼

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 医学英语

The international community is now embarking on the challenge of realizing the ambitious and universal 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The equal participation and active involvement of persons with autism will be essential for achieving the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

患者:我这两天阴道出血并伴有下腹疼痛。 Patient: I have had some vaginal bleeding for 2 days, together with some pain in the lower abdomen. 护士:你月经流量怎么样?上次月经是什么时候? Nurse: What was the amount of bleeding? When was your last period?

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

First Ebola Patient in US Dies 美国本土首例埃博拉患者死亡 Liberian citizen Thomas Duncan has died of Ebola at a hospital in the United States. Officials at the hospital in Dallas, Texas say Mr. Duncan died Wednesday morning. Mr. Duncan w

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十)月

医院用原油提取物治疗皮肤病 A spa resort near Croatia's capital Zagreb uses a derivative extracted from crude oil deposits to treat skin diseases and arthritis. The treatments in Ivanic Grad are attracting a growing number of patients fro

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(九月)

乌干达医院计划帮助前肺结核患者 The World Health Organization says tuberculosis,or TB,is the greatest killer in the world, second only to AIDS.In 2013,1.5 million people died,of the 9 million fell ill with TB,mostly in low-and middle-in

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(八月)

Earthquakes Remind Californians to Prepare for Disasters 地震提醒加州人预备应对灾难 A series of moderate earthquakes that rocked Los Angeles recently have reminded residents to be ready for a disaster. Safety experts say every household

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(四月)

I haven't told many people this, but in my head, I've got thousands of secret worlds all going on all at the same time. I am also autistic. People tend to diagnose autism with really specific check-box descriptions, but in reality, it's a whole varia

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

My mother fought her cancer for eight years. 我的妈妈和癌症做了八年的斗争, She was a planner, 她是一个有计划的人, and she thought a lot about how she wanted to live and how she wanted to die. 她想了很多关于她想如何活和

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Then, we go one step further. 然后, 我们更进一步。 We add our values when it comes to women's health, 我们带来了更多的好处:比如女性健康, LGBT health, alternative medicine, 同性双性恋及跨性者的健康问题, 替代疗

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

He even said, 他甚至说, What if they see mistakes and sue us? 如果他们看到错误并起诉我们怎么办? What I saw behind every excuse was deep fear, 我看到的是每个借口后面深深的恐惧, and what I learned was that to bec

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

JUDY WOODRUFF: For more than two decades, doctors have been trying to pinpoint when is the right moment to start people diagnosed with HIV on antiretroviral drugs. The drugs have been extraordinarily important in extending life and keeping HIV at bay

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列

The death toll of magnitude-6.5 earthquake that rocked the city of Zhaotong in Southwest Chinas Yunnan Province has now climbed to 410, 12 are confirmed as missing and more than two thousand and three hundred people were injured. Over one million peo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年08月

Psychiatrists have struggled with their diagnoses of depression; patients often present with overlapping symptoms. But researchers have made a breakthrough. In a new study published in Psychological Medicine, discovery which shows a distinct differen

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

本期内容: Auticon, previously known as Mindspark, is one of only a handful of companies that cater exclusively for employees who are on the autistic spectrum. It was founded by Gray Benoist who, as the father of two autistic sons, saw few optio

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Topic1-Food Waste 2016 A new research program found that the food wasted in Chinese restaurants a year is about 8 million metric tons, which is equal to provision for 200 million people a year. Why do we bite off more than we can chew? Experts are ca

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议