Passage 20 Waves How does light get from the sun to the earth? How does music get from the stage to the audience? They move the same way in waves! Light and sound are forms of energy. All waves carry energy, but they may carry it differently. Light

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业四级听写

How does light get from the sun to the earth? How does music get from the stage to the audience? They move the same way in waves! Light and sound are forms of energy. All waves carry energy, but they may carry it differently. Light and sound travel t

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方CET6阅读

(man) I'm glad you brought up the question of our investigations into the makeup of the Earth's interior. In fact --- since this is the topic of your reading assignment for next time --- let me spend these last few minutes of class talking about it.

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力短文

1. occur,发生,出现。 eg:Earthquakes occur frequently in this area. 这一地区经常发生地震。 2. figure out,理解,明白。 eg:I can't figure him out. 我看不透他。 3. so far,到目前为止。 eg:So far, so good. 迄今为止,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

Predicting Earthquakes Can earthquakes be predicted? Scientists are working on programs to predict where and when an earthquake will occur. They hope to develop an early warning system that can be use

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

tsunami海啸 natural disaster自然灾害 tidal waves潮汐波,浪潮 epicenter震中 temblor地震 aftershock余震 magnitude震级 tragedy灾难 wreckage残骸 death toll死亡人数 survivors幸存者 victims受灾者 tsunami warning system海啸

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. A powerful earthquake struck the northeastern coast of Japan at two forty-six p.m. local time on March eleventh. Japans Meteorological Agency released its first tsunami warnings just three minutes la

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

AS IT IS 2016-04-19 North Korean Volcano Waiting to Blow 朝鲜火山或爆发 A volcano in North Korea is at risk of erupting, according to scientists. Scientists say Mount Paektu, on the border of North Korea and China, had one of the largest erupt

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

四级作文得高分,我们除了要用到模板之外还需要有自己的东西,自己写的东西就是得分点,那我们应该如何就这部分进行备考呢?下面这篇文章可以帮助大家顺利备考,希望大家不再觉得四

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Strong earthquake damage so large, to show once again brought out. In the vicinity of the epicenter, and in some cities and villages, many houses collapsed and damaged roads, telecommunications disruption, many schools and hospitals have become ruins

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

英语中表示“图形”的词汇释义

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

【S】Chuck, I... I can't believe I'm saying this, but...that was really sweet. 【C】I just wanted to make sure she had the perfect night. 【GUY1】Your 2009 king and queen! 【GG】 Aw, who knew the mother-Chucker could also play fairy Godmother

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Science and Technology Policing The aftershocks of crime 科技 治安 犯罪余震 An idea borrowed from seismology may help to predict criminal activity 从地震学上获取的灵感或许能预测犯罪行为 LOS ANGELES is one of the most under-

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

JEFFREY BROWN:And finally tonight: Japan two years after the massive earthquake and tsunami struck its northeastern coast. Ray Suarez has the story. RAY SUAREZ:The 2011 quake was one of the strongest in recorded history. It set off a tsunami that kil

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

The following is a paid advertisement. Feeling lonely this holiday season? Looking for a little human interaction? Do you wanna feel contact in certain special places? Then why not go through a security at an airport? The TSA. TSA agents are ready an

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

(earthquake) intensity (地震)强度-梅卡利仪测量破坏程度 (earthquake) magnitude (地震)烈度-里氏仪测量震感强度 after shock 余震 Alternative Risk Transfer 新型风险转移 anti-seismic design (房屋)抗震设计 Business i

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Are you happy? 你快乐吗? Are you satisfied with your finances,relationships, and career? 你是否对自己的财务状况,人际关系和事业感到满意? Being satisfied doesn't necessarily meanthat you have all the money in the world

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

今天我们要学的词是tsunami。 Tsunami, 是海啸的意思。南太平洋岛国汤加星期天发生7.1级地震。 Forecasters say that despite the tremor, no tsunami is expected, 天气预报说,预计地震不会引起海啸。 Tsunami还可

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Four years later, Soviet scientists decided to try their luck on dry land. 4年以后,苏联科学家决定在陆地上碰碰运气。 They chose a spot on Russia's Kola Peninsula, near the Finnish border, and set to work with the hope of drilling

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

He had discovered the boundary between the crust and the layer immediately below, the mantle; 他发现地壳与下面一层即地幔的界线, this zone has been known ever since as the Mohorovicic discontinuity, or Moho for short. 此后,这个区

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史