Thanksgiving Day in America is a time to offer thanks, of family gatherings and holiday meals. A time of turkeys, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. A time for Indian corn, holiday parades and giant balloons.

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

每年11月的第四个星期四是美国的感恩节Thanksgiving Day,隆重程度仅次于圣诞节。今天我们就来给大家说一说感恩节的由来和习俗吧! 重点词汇: 1. Thanksgiving Day 感恩节 2. origin 由来 3. Indian /

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

As most parents, I am concerned about what my children eat. Do they eat healthy food, and if they do, do they eat it consistently? And what about me? Am I careful about what I put in my body? It will, in time, influence my health and those around me.

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Abdullah Abdullah announced earlier today, out just hours ago, that he didn't think Saturday's runoff election could be held without problems. The runoff was called after widespread fraud in that initial August election. (Abdullah)Leave the legal imp

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 cnn2009年(十一)月

Hallowe'en is a popular festival in many countries all over the world, and every year it seems to get bigger. It's getting dark earlier and it's starting to get cold. Christmas is still a long way away. We need something to cheer us up and take our m

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Both the United States and Canada celebrate a Thanksgiving holiday. 美国和加拿大都会庆祝感恩节。 The holiday began as a harvest festival. 这个节日一开始是一个庆祝丰收的节日。 People were thankful for a good harvest and

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

Q: How Do People Celebrate Thanksgiving? 问:感恩节应该怎么过? Thanksgiving is historically the busiest travel holiday of the year. Each year, Americans travel to visit family members in cars, trains and by plane. 感恩节在史上一直是

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. Dear Dear使用的范围比较广。可以用来称呼朋友,也可以用来称呼亲密爱人,也有可能是长辈称呼小辈。另外英语日记通常会用 dear 开头。写信时通常的称呼也是 Dear XX。 经典美剧老友记第一

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Redneck pumpkin carving Next week is Halloween, and in many places children will be going from house to house dressed in costumes in search of candy. Another Halloween activity is pumpkin carving. In the US, where it is legal to own guns, some crazy

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

说起Halloween的来历,有些美国人自己也讲不清,一方面由于现今大家多关注节日的趣味性,节日的意义渐失,另一方面也是因为万圣节的来历太曲折,又是异教风俗,又是天主教风俗圣化。我

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The Color of Friendship 友谊的颜色 Once upon a time the colors of the world started to quarrel. All claimed that they were the best. The most important. The most useful. The favorite. 从前,世界上的各种颜色进行过一次争吵。每一

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

1. The Origins of Halloween 万圣节的起源 Halloween is thought to have originated around 4000 B.C., which means Halloween has been around for over 6,000 years as we know it today, borrow traditions from different festivals namely: the Roman fera

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

表示在某节日和周末用何介词 ■谈到圣诞节、新年、复活节和感恩节,如指整个节日,就用at。如: We often go carolling at Christmas. 我们在圣诞节常去唱颂歌。 Were having the roof repaired at Easter. 我们

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

October 27 10月27日 Read it! 读读看! Carving a pumpkin isn't hard. 雕刻南瓜并不难, But you need a sharp knife. 可是需要一把锋利的刀子。 Taylor shows Alex some pumpkin carvings. 泰乐拿了些南瓜雕刻作品给亚力克斯

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

December 4 12月4日 Read it! 读读看! Susie usually has a positive attitude. 通常苏希都有乐观的态度, But she's upset today. 但她今天很不开心。 A man called the station. 一个人打电话到电视台, He was looking for S

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

dear 亲爱的 dear dear Dear使用的范围比较广。可以用来称呼朋友,也可以用来称呼亲密爱人,也有可能是长辈称呼小辈。另外英语日记通常会用dear dairy开头。写信时通常的称呼也是Dear XX。 经典美

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

小辣椒常用来比喻性格泼辣的人,榆木疙瘩比喻脑瓜不灵活的人,一般说某个人反应很慢或有点怂会说他像面瓜 由于中西方生活环境、思维方式、文化习俗等方面的巨大差异,英语中用来喻人

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

1) sick of something厌倦某事 2) over it 受够了某样东西 I am so sick of pumpkin-flavored stuff!! If I have any more I think I might throw up! 我现在特别讨厌南瓜口味的东西!!要是再说一样南瓜口味的东西,我想我就

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语

Dear使用的范围比较广。可以用来称呼朋友,也可以用来称呼亲密爱人,也有可能是长辈称呼小辈。另外英语日记通常会用dear dairy开头。写信时通常的称呼也是Dear XX。 经典美剧老友记第一季第

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

-Thanksgiving is almost here, and as soon as people realize how much money they have to spend on holiday gifts, their wallets snap tighter than Kim Kardashian's legs after the wedding check cleared. -I've always loved this time of year spiced pumpkin

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音