The Supreme Court is the ultimate arbiter of what is permitted under the US Constitution. Its members reach the bench through a process that begins with the president. 最高法院是美国宪法允许的最终仲裁者,其成员经历总统提名的

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(十月)

First up, an addition to the U.S. Supreme Court. Brett Kavanaugh, a federal appeals court, became a Supreme Court justice over the weekend after senators voted 50 to 48 to confirm President Donald Trump's nominee to the high court. The vote was mostl

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年10月

Yeah,why do have some of my business?Why do you have the ,do you highlight,you want to on the lid,would you?Something bad had happened. Oh,I'm sorry to hear that. I've got,I lost extensions.And.. I don't..First of all,I don't know what it is. I mean,

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年

Nigeria's 'Nollywood' Movie Industry Rolls at High Gear 尼日利亚诺莱坞电影产业高速发展 LAGOS Twenty years after its birth in a video shop in Lagos, Nigeria's Nollywood is one of the most prolific film industries on earth. Despite low b

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(八月)

This is AP News Minute. Special Counsel Robert Mueller is expected to reveal more details about the Russia investigation on Friday. That's his deadline to file memos about attorney Michael Cohen and former campaign chairman Paul Manafort. The Democra

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2018(十二)月

The various schools of the old masters were represented by a Raphael Madonna, a Virgin by Leonardo da Vinci, 历代各家大师的作品挂在这里的有:拉斐尔的一幅圣母,达芬奇的一幅圣女, a nymph by Correggio, a woman by Titia

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

These composers, Captain Nemo answered me, are the contemporaries of Orpheus, because in the annals of the dead, all chronological differences fade; 尼摩船长回答我:这些音乐家是俄尔甫斯的同时代人,因为在死者的记忆中,年

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

An excitable conchologist would surely have fainted dead away before other, more numerous glass cases in which were classified specimens from the mollusk branch. 一位神经稍微锐敏一点的贝壳类专家,到了另一些陈列软体类动物标

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Professor Aronnax, Captain Nemo answered me, I've said you'd be free aboard my vessel, so no part of the Nautilus is off-limits to you. 阿龙纳斯先生,尼摩船长回答我,我跟您说过了,您在我船上是自由的,因此,诺第留斯

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

SIR, CAPTAIN NEMO SAID, showing me the instruments hanging on the walls of his stateroom, 先生,尼摩船长指着挂在他房中墙壁上的仪表说, these are the devices needed to navigate the Nautilus. 这些就是诺第留斯号航行所必需

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

For Minnows, A Suicidal Survival Strategy 北美多种小型鱼类,特别是鲤科(Cyprinidae)鱼类的总称。亦指荫鱼科(Umbridae)和鱂科(Cyprinodontidae)鱼类,minnow一词又泛指许多大型鱼类的幼鱼。北美的鲤科米诺鱼包

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest