Terry Semel walked into Yahoo 6 years ago as an outsider. When you came to Yahoo,you don't know very much about that technology,is that right? That's very true,very true.But I knew about business,Yahoo is also a business. Today the former Hollywood

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2008

So you were fired from your last job, and you're fretting about how to address it in your interview . In fact, given the job market slump and companies tightening their money belts, it's quite understandable to be unemployed. If you have the right at

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

The New Breed of CEO By Karen Lowry Miller / Originally appeared as In the Quiet Crow , Newsweek Special Edition, Winter 2004 2005 Newsweek, Inc. All rights reserved. Reprinted by permission. Keeping

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 彭蒙惠英语

Break 打断,休息。 Take a break 分手。 离职的几种说法: We're going to have to let you go. 我们得辞退你了。 I don't think you're fit for this job. 我认为你不适合这份工作。 I'm quitting my job. 我要辞职。 I go

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 20 (Xinhua) -- Google Inc. on Thursday announced that co-founder Larry Page will take over(接管) the Internet search giant as the chief executive officer (CEO) in April, in a move to simplify management structure and speed u

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

golden handshake 高额离职费 英文释义 An agreement, often written into a contract, bywhich a high-ranking executive receives a largeamount of cash, stock or other benefits uponleaving employment by a company regardless ofeither the financial

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 每日商务英语

Lesson 52 About Reasons Leaving 说明离职原因 928.Unfortunately I have had to leave my position on account of the discoutinuance of the business. 由于公司停业,我不得不离开而另寻工作。 929.The only reason why I am leavin

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

It was an awkward tiff in what should have been a celebratory period. 这个口角使原本的庆祝场面顿时尷尬起来。 In the end, a complex solution was worked out that granted him ten million shares in January 2000 that were valued at the

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Woolard was thrilled, and he suggested that the board was willing to give him a massive stock grant. 伍拉德非常兴奋,他表示董事会愿意给他巨额股份。 Let me be straight with you, Jobs replied. 我直截了当地和你说吧,乔布

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

The possibility for a lateral transfer seems rather slim right now. 同级调动的可能性目前很小。 The possibility for a lateral transfer seems rather slim right now. 同级调动的可能性目前很小。 But I prefer sales department. 但是

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

One of his deck hands recently got a big promotion. 他的一个手下最近升职了。 One of his deck hands recently got a big promotion. 他的一个手下最近升职了。 Who's the lucky dog? 谁那么幸运啊? His secretary has left him wi

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

SAN FRANCISCO, June 6 (Xinhua) -- Apple's chief executive officer Steve Jobs on Monday took a break from his medical leave to introduce the company's new cloud-based service iCloud. Jobs, in his trademark black turtleneck and jeans, got a standing ov

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Theres something to be said for leaving a former employer with style. Were in the middle of a time when more than a few employers are having to downsize and plenty of people who would otherwise be assured of a job are getting the axe. Just because a

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

How not just to quit, but how to resign gracefully and with class? Indeed, being courteous and smart about your resignation and departure guarantees that you've given yourself the best possible shot at future success. 如何做到不只是随手离职,

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Job seekers attend a job fair in Hefei, capital of East Chinas Anhui province, Feb 20, 2016. The job fair offered nearly 10,000 jobs by some 800 enterprises. 2月20日,求职者参加中国东部安徽省省会合肥市的招聘会,约有800家企业

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Boris Johnson, one of the leading voices in the Brexit campaign and the man considered to be the favorite to replace outgoing Prime Minister David Cameron, delivered a bombshell Thursday when he announced he didn't want the job. 鲍里斯?约翰逊,英

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(246) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hello again. It's a difficult day at the offices of Tip Top Trading. 又见面了,今天是Tip Top Trading公司艰难的一天。 The office assistant Denise is losing her job, and today is her last day. 办公室助理丹尼斯丢了工作,今天

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

Teaching, especially these days, is hard work. From long hours, to low pay, to lack of proper resources, and so much more the challenges of the teaching profession are endless. Teachers take on this tough work day after day, year after year. Until, s

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Almost all of the talent Apple acquired from the original Siri team has reportedly left the company, with a pair of key departures having taken place in recent weeks. 据报道,苹果公司Siri原创团队几乎所有的人才全部离职,其中几

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Business 商业报道 Corporate alumni 公司校友 Gone but not forgotten 离开但不会被忘记 More firms are seeking to stay in touch with former staff 更多的公司正在积极尝试和以前的员工保持联系 COMPANIES do not like to be

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列