Gun sales are on the rise right now at Albuquerque Pawn Shop in downtown. You know, just the way the state of the economy is, you know, desperate people do desperate measures. Therefore, you know people want to protect themselves. Owner Jay Johnston

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Menopause marks the end of a females babymaking era. And not just for humans. Female killer whales go through menopause, too. And a new study finds that they might get pushed into menopause by their up-and-coming daughters. Those findings are floated

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(一)月

A: Hey Nick, what are you up to? B: Not much, just heading over to the shooting range. You wanna come? A: Seriously? You mean to fire a real weapon? I dont know man. B: Yeah, it will be fun! I have a 9mm pistol that is really easy to shoot. I also ha

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Does Exercise Trigger Headache? Dear A Moment of Science, I like to exercise, but I suffer from migraines and worry that getting my sweat on at the gym could trigger a headache. Am I right to be cautious? Good question. For some people, exercise can

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

By Carol Pearson Washington, DC 18 July 2006 watch Air Pollution report Scientists at the Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research observed the highest air pollution on record above the Arctic Circle in May. Air pollution has been link

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

By Paul Sisco Washington, DC 10 January 2007 watch Avalanche Safety report Avalanche! is the most frightening alert a mountain traveler can hear. Uncontrollable snow slides in the world's mountainous regions -- from the Himalayas to the Alps to Nort

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

The U.S. election is triggering changes in party leadership posts in the U.S. Congress. Viewing the scene in the House of Representatives, VOA's Dan Robinson reports that Republicans are jockeying for positions, while the House Democratic hierarchy

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

High Prices Trigger Rise in Copper Thefts When you heard the word copper in old gangster movies, you were talking about the good guys: the police, the cops. Now, when you speak of copper and crime, youre referring to the bad guys. A combination of ci

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Host: A surprising new study that concludes that womens development of breast cancer after menopause may be tied to the changes of waist size. As a gymnast, please explain. Guest: Well, this is the actual study, you guys, very dense statistics. Epide

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2014年