tremendous trench trend trial tribute trifle trigger triple triumph trivial troop tropical tumble tune turnover tutor twinkle twist typical ultimate unanimous uncover underestimate undergo underlie underline underlying undertake undo uneasy unemploy

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(270) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年星火考研词汇核心突破

|@★ |1incorporate |vt. |make sth. a part of sth. larger |纳入;使并入 || ||Many of your suggestions have been incorporated in the plan. |你的很多建议已纳入计划中。 || ||The new car design incorporated all the latest safety featur

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第四册

影片对白 ANDY: My wife used to say I'm a hard man to know. Like a closed book. Complained about it all the time. She's beautiful. God, I loved her. But I just didn't know how to show it, that's all. I killed her, Red. I didn't pull the trigger. But

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

US Drought Could Trigger Higher Beef Prices Beef prices may be headed upward due to a severe, lingering drought in the southern United States which is putting a major financial squeeze on the regions cattle producers. Across Texas cattle country, liv

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

CDC is afraid is afraid to fund firearms research. David Hemenway, professor of health policy at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Twenty years ago they were doing a tiny amount of funding for firearms research, $2.6 million a year, $2.6

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(二)月

Peanuts are one of the worlds most nutritious foods. 花生是世界上最有营养的食品之一。 Peanuts contain pound for pound more protein, vitamins, and minerals than beef liver and more fat than heavy cream. For approximately .5% of America

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Why do people do stupid things? Some people try to walk across freeways. They get run over. Some people stand on the edge of cliffs. They slip and fall to their death. Some people think a gun is not loaded. They point the gun at a friend. They pull t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

我有几个老美的朋友对于中国人很爱照相觉得无法理解. 像有时候大家一起出去, 老中几乎都是人手一台相机, 甚至有人手上拿一台, 脖子上还要挂一台. 不

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

Water is a scarce resource in the desert regions of the Middle East. Though disputes over water have come close to triggering wars between nations of the region in the past, diplomats intervened to keep tensions to a minimum. Now a new study suggests

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

Study: Climate is Major Violence Trigger A new study in the journal Nature finds that war is associated with global climate. Researchers from Princeton University and the Earth Institute at Columbia University focused on the natural climate cycle kno

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

A cool change is moving to the southeastern state overnight, but then another much stronger system is moving up to the South Australia. That will reach the southwest of Victoria tomorrow evening. Its going to see increasing showers through that regio

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: House Speaker Paul Ryan says he favors regulations against bump stocks - you know, those attachments to semiautomatic rifles that makes them fire at the rate of a machine gun. Speaker Ryan says he favors restrictions after bump s

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

On Sept. 11, He Checked Hijackers Onto Flight 77. It's Haunted Him Ever Since play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0003:23repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or upda

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

电影《断背山》插曲《魔鬼的右手》。妈妈从小就告诉这个失去父亲的孩子,枪是魔鬼的右手,是邪恶的。孩子不听,从13岁起就梦想着拥有自己的一支手枪,妈妈吓得打碎了手中的鸡蛋。孩子长大了,真的有了一支枪,也用它杀了人。被抓的时候还在用妈妈的话给自己辩解:不是

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

音乐咖啡厅:RB小天后Rihanna09首波主打Russian Roulette Song:Russian Roulette Artist:Rihanna Take a breath, take it deep Calm yourself, he says to me If you play, you play for keeps Take a gun, and count to three I'm sweating now, moving

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

The World Health Organization calls tobacco the leading cause of preventable death in the world. In December, the WHO launched a campaign against cigarette smoking in Africa, saying a rapidly growing population is creating larger and more accessible

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

There is a potential of a tropical cyclone developing by late in the weekend. It's sitting in the southern parts of the Solomon Sea,ah,sorry,the Solomon Island. It's showing a potential of moving towards the Queensland coast by the middle of next wee

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

Topics: Ask an American: Innovation; pain versus sorrow versus woe; manhood; to be over someone versus to be all over someone Words: show and tell to stumble across to trigger association unpredictable to kill creativity to undermine to stimulate aut

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

I feel a bit sad today because I'm homesick. I miss the delicious plates of pasta with a special sauce my mother used to make. She was a great cook! But I work abroad and I have to cope with the occasional feeling of nostalgia. The footballer Jesus N

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: In her novel To the Lighthouse, mundane moments, like a dinner party, or losing a necklace trigger psychological revelations in the lives of the Ramsay's, a fictionalized version of Woolf's famil

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文