In memory of Skip and Mary Dickinson For Quintin and Griffin And for Louise Dennys, with thanks Most of you, I am sure, remember the tragic circumstances of the death of Geoffrey Clifton at Gilf Kebir, followed later by the disappearance of his wife,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

BBC Learning English London Life Thames Tunnel Anna:Hello, I'm Anna Jones and this is London Life. Two hundred years ago in 1806 Isambard Kingdom Brunel was born. He was the son of a French civil engineer civil engineers plan, design and build roads

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

Take back 的不同含义: Take back + 话语: 把说过的话收回 Take back + 物品:退货 Take back + 某人:重新接受某人 Take back的不同含义 Steve said he would never take his wife back. 史蒂夫说他永远不会再接受他的

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

If he wanted his immigration status to be US citizen,then he had to return by the time he was 18. 如果他想正式移民美国,就得在十八岁时回去。 To go when you're still a star is very strange,because he could have kept doing films,bu

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Todd: OK, we're here with Laura. Hello! Laura: Hi! Todd: Hi! Now, Laura, where you are from? Laura: I'm from Hong Kong. Todd: Hong Kong. That's great. So tell us about Hong Kong. Laura: Well, it's a country for people, and well, when I ask my friends

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

THE MAKING OF A NATION #52 - James Monroe, Part 2 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, March 04, 2004 (Theme) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English. (Theme) As we report

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

The trend in everyday conversation is to use grandiose words. Outstanding is new good, amazing is the new OK, and huge is the new big. I was in a restaurant in D.C. last weekend and everything I asked was answered in superlatives. Me: How s the salmo

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Cohesion-tension Theory Atmospheric pressure can support a column of water up to 10 meters high. But plants can move water much higher; the sequoia tree can pump water to its very top more than 100 meters above the ground. Until the end of the ninete

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

席琳出生于一个加拿大法语家庭,她是她家庭14个孩子中最小的一个。席琳是被一个贫穷的罗马天主教徒所抚养的,但是在她看来,她出生在一个快乐的家庭里。 音乐是她们家庭里不可缺少的

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

Todd: OK, we're here with Laura. Hello! 大家好,今天我们请到的是Laura。 Laura: Hi! 嗨! Todd: Hi! Now, Laura, where you are from? 嗨!Laura,你来自哪里? Laura: I'm from Hong Kong. 我来自香港。 Todd: Hong Kong. That's gr

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

THE SANDALS ARE SAVED 草鞋找到了 Before Ting Fang or the other children had time to ask her what she meant, 方廷或其他孩子还没来得及问小女孩什么意思 the little girl had rushed off down the Big Horse Road. 小女孩就朝着着大

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

Two retirees were talking about the nearly completed Freedom Tower. Bud said, Well, it's taken 12 years, but we're finally going to have a skyscraper in downtown Manhattan again. At 1776 feet, it'll be a tall reminder of our country's roots. Mo said,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

READING: Researchers have discovered what they believe is one of the keys to a happy marriage. A difference in height between the two partners could be a secret ingredient for marital bliss. Professor Kitae Sohn of Konkuk University in South Korea ha

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英语生活新闻

Us against the world Against the world Us against the world Against the world You and I, weve been at it so long I still got the strongest fire You and I, we still know how to talk Know how to walk that wire Sometimes I feel like The world is against

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

California is best known for its coastline and beaches. The state has nearly 2,000 km of coastline, so the state is known as a surfer's paradise. From the tall cliffs that line the coast, you are almost always guaranteed a beautiful view of the Pacif

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Sky-high ambition: Chinese city plans its own Manhattan with a 2,400-foot-tall super tower中国城市规划自己的曼哈顿,其中有一栋2400英尺高的超级摩天楼A Chinese city announced its plan this week to build a 2,424-foot-tall skys

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Shared interests, a sense of humour and a healthy sex life may all go a long way to creating a satisfying marriage. 拥有共同的兴趣爱好、富有幽默感和健康的夫妻生活对创造美满婚姻均大有裨益。 Although it has been know

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

出自歌手莎拉巴莱勒斯,美国创作型女歌手、钢琴家。2008年,凭借歌曲《Love Song》入围第51届格莱美奖年度歌曲和最佳流行女歌手奖项。 Something always brings me back to you 我总在不经意间想起你

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

The Golden Gate Bridge is perhaps the most famous bridge in the world. It is famous for its size, location, and color. It is nearly 9,000 feet long, and above water its towers are 740 feet tall. Its unique color is officially known as orange vermilli

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research traced the professional activity of 5,000 men in Indonesia for seven years. 国家经济局在一项历时7年的研究中,追踪记录了印度尼西亚5000名男性的职业历程。 By the end,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻