40 Cohesion-tension Theory Atmospheric pressure can support a column of water up to 10 meters high. But plants can move water much higher; the sequoia tree can pump water to its very top more than 100 meters above the ground. Until the end of the ni

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(285) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念优美背诵短文50篇

In the suit I wear, the mythology, the movie is made of energy, so it's not something I can physically wear, so we were wearing these motion capture suits which we are wear this gray suits with these tracking dots, we look soft of like these crash te

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

They kissed and said goodbye one more time. Then the man left. The airport guard still hadn't returned to his chair. The exit was completely unguarded. A terrorist could have entered the airport through this exit. About five minutes later, the guard

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

(MUSIC) Today we tell a traditional American story called a tall tale. A tall tale is a story about a person who is larger than life. The descriptions in the story are exaggerated much greater than in real life. Long ago, the people who settled in un

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

Gwen: Do you see that heavyset guy over there, the one towering over everyone else? Denzel: Yeah, what about him? Gwen: Hes my ex-boyfriend. I havent seen him in years. When I knew him he was really skinny. Hes really put on a few pounds. Its amazing

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Claudia Blume Hong Kong 02 May 2007 As the latest World Trade Organization round of talks loses momentum, bilateral and regional free trade agreements are mushrooming in Asia. Claudia Blume reports from VOA's Asia News Center in Hong Kong. US Trad

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)