NO.3 Youve Got Mail《电子情书》 ■乔带着孩子来到凯瑟林的书店买书,尽管在网上俨然是一对情投意合的情侣,但生活中彼此并不相识,相反倒是生意场上的敌人。这不:凯瑟琳正对着乔抱怨、发牢骚呢。 单词通缉令 1. discount n.折扣 2. identity n.特性,品性 3. carrie

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 好莱坞电影口语模仿秀

THIS IS AMERICA - Seasonal Music: Songs About Spring BARBARA KLEIN: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember. This week on our program, we play some favorite songs about spring. (MUSIC - A

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Democratic presidential rivals Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are making a final push for support in Ohio and Texas in advance of crucial primaries on 4 March. The two Democrats took part in a contentious debate Tuesday, 26 February, that most expe

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年2月

To Charles Brown, 30th September 1820. The Maria Crowther, off Yarmouth, Isle of Wight My dear Brown; The time has not yet come for a pleasant letter from me. I have delayed writing to you from time to time because I felt how impossible it was to enl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

by Mignon Fogarty Today's topic is style guides. It's true that when it comes to grammar there are a lot of hard and fast rules; but it's also true that there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of issues that are dictated by style. I know it would be so

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

By Anjana Pasricha New Delhi 16 July 2007 In Bangladesh, former Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been arrested on extortion charges. As Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, the detention comes just months after the military-backed interim administ

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Today, Bonnie Trenga will help us figure out whether a fast-food chain is on the cutting edge of grammar, or its just being creative with verb tenses. Its time to dissect the McDonalds advertising slogan Im loving it. An ESL teacher named Devaki wrot

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Thailand's People's Power Party has nominated a relative of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to become the nation's new leader. But as Ron Corben reports from Bangkok, fighting among the PPP's factions created uncertainties before the vote.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

Grammy Organization Honors Bruce Springsteen with Humanitarian Award Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. Im June Simms. It is February, you know what that means! Entertainment awards season has opened in the United States! Today on the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

A fight at the Cheongdo bullfighting festival There is not much that can stop an 800-kilogram bull in a bad mood except, perhaps, another bull with a similar disposition. In South Korea, an annual Spring ritual has lots of people cheering for a battl

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Burma Releases Dozens of Political Prisoners Burma has released more than 100 political prisoners as part of a general amnesty, including a few prominent activists. Rights groups have welcomed their release but are urging that all political prisoners

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

US Troops Prepare for Afghan 'Spring Offensive' Their message came in an audio message that announced the start of a monumental spring operation, one aimed at defeating those it described as western invaders, a reference to U.S.-led allied forces tha

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: For the seventh time since taking office, President Trump will spend this weekend at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla. Government watchdog groups want a federal court to force the Trump administration to release a list of visitors to

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

A key former defense official has testified under subpoena about the Bush administration's authorization of harsh interrogation techniques. VOA's Dan Robinson reports from Capitol Hill, Douglas Feith denied he favored harsh interrogation of prisoner

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(七月)

By Peter Fedynsky Moscow 07 March 2008 Millions of people perished in the inhumane Soviet prison system known as the Gulag. Criminals and political prisoners alike suffered merciless beatings, forced labor, and endured temperatures of 40 below zero i

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

By Nico Colombant Bokoni 08 February 2008 While former Liberian president, Charles Taylor, is being tried in The Hague for alleged war crimes in Sierra Leone, his imprint is still being felt in the neighboring country of Guinea as well. Some of his f

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Sunday, May 9th, it's Mother's day! I don't usually give it much thought, apart from choosing what I should buy for my mother and mother-in-law. I always forget that I will receive presents as well. Mind you, I shouldn't forget. There are plenty of r

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

By Tendai Maphosa London 22 October 2007 Former Mozambique President Joachim Chissano is the first recipient of the Mo Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African leadership. Former U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan made the announcement in London. Tend

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

Sex Scandals Mar US Presidential Politics From Presidents Thomas Jefferson to William Jefferson Clinton, sex scandals keep surfacing in American politics. I told you this bullseye on my back has gotten bigger, said Repubilcan presidential hopeful Her

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

California Winery Adapts to Changing Markets There are more than 5,000 wineries across the United States. California is the nations top wine-producing state, and vintners there are making their mark on the global market. A California winery with long

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)