The weather will get warmer with the coming of spring. People usually like to go for an outing at this time of the year. Up to now, I still remember one of my spring outings. It was a very interesting experience. One weekend, my schoolmates and I dec

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语易背作文

Our school usually holds a spring sports meeting each year. The spring sports meet this year was held last Friday. Many students took an active part in it. So did I. The sports meet began at 8 oclock. After the opening, all kinds of races, both field

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语易背作文

World military expenditure has fallen for the first time since 1998, amounting to 1.75 trillion US dollars. In real terms spending is down half a percent from 2011. These latest figures on spending have been released by Stockholm International Peace

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

BBC Learning English Weekender Recycling supermarket packaging Yvonne:Hello, youre listening to Weekender from bbclearningenglish.com! Can you guess what were talking about in todays programme? Ben Bradshaw, Environment Minister There was no instruc

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 Weekender

Marriage Goes from Lackluster to Loving in 'Hope Springs' After more than three decades together, Kay and Arnold are in a rut with the same routine day after day. For reasons neither will talk about, their love has grown cold. Desperate for help, Kay

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Stravinsky's 'Rite of Spring' Celebrates 100 The opening notes of The Rite of Spring are iconic and beloved today. But for many audience members who came to the Ballet Russes in 1913, they were unwelcome. A bassoon had likely never been performed in

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Women on Front Line of Arab Spring Protests Many women have been among the protesters on the front lines of anti-government movements in the Middle East and North Africa. They helped to topple longtime leaders in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. They played

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Kazakhstan: Riots Not Prelude to Arab Spring For years, Kazakhstan has nurtured an image of stability and friendliness to foreign investors. In recent days, a series of riots and protests in western Kazakhstan has marred this image. Kazakh authoritie

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

It's been five years since singer-songwriter John Prine has released an album of new original material, and three years since his last collection of cover songs. While the award-winning artist has stayed out of the studio, he has not been off the sta

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

US Marines with NATO forces keep vigil as Marines and Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers setup a joint military base in north of Marjah, city of Helmand province, 18 Feb 2010 A top NATO commander in southern Afghanistan said Thursday that allied tro

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

World Refugee Day Given Urgency by Arab Spring As the world marks UN Refugee Day on June 20, the number of people escaping violence across the Arab world is on the rise. Pro-democracy uprisings are being brutally suppressed in places like Libya and S

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

她是《急诊室的故事》的护士Carol,《傲骨贤妻》中的律师Alicia,她回到母校,回顾校园生活和演艺历程,鼓励毕业生大胆追寻内心理想! Julianna Margulie在母校萨拉劳伦斯学院的演讲。

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

March 4 is National Grammar Day, so I have a special top-10 show to celebrate the occasion, and before you argue with me, read the whole explanation about why each of these is a myth. The podcast version of this article is brought to you by Audible.c

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

IN THE NEWS - Investigative Reports on Iraq's Abu Ghraib Prison By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Saturday, August 28, 2004 This is Steve Ember with In the News in VOA Special English. This week, there were

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(203) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

A former prime minister of Bangladesh, jailed for more than a year on corruption charges, is free. Khaleda Zia was released from custody in Dhaka, late Thursday morning. From our South Asia Bureau, VOA Correspondent Steve Herman explains that Khaled

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

EXPLORATIONS - Rapping, From Arab Spring to Occupy Wall Street Welcome to EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. I'm June Simms. Protest songs are part of the fuel of revolutions. Today, we talk to three rappers who played an active part in the Arab Sp

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(231) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(七)月

今天我们要学的词是spring break。 Spring break, 春假。虽然经济不景气,但是春假旅游的学生并不见少。 It is estimated that the number of students visiting Cancun this spring break will remain the same as it was last yea

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

如果能有什么歌可以让时光倒流,我希望是这一首。若能抹去所有无谓的琐碎,就这么静静地牵手,那该多好。 I could try you with a waltz I could try you rock and roll I could try you with the blues If a song wo

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

Cannot fall, never do regret Know just what is being said know the risk you take Keep your head above it all Sure you can fall but not now you gotta prove something new, being you, being you Can't feel, keep from asking why be the strongest at goodby

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

If you want to steal my heart Steal it like you mean it If you want to take a part Then give me something to believe in The road it ain't getting longer it ain't getting younger My heart For now the love that we made Is a razorblade And I don't want

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐