Sarah Jessica Parker: Fashion Is Her Middle Name With a 1)flirty sense of style and delightful good looks, Sarah Jessica Parker 2)personifies the all-American girl: free-spirited and self-confident, w

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2004年

1 in 33 babies in the US is affected by a major birth defect. 在美国,胎儿先天缺陷的几率为33分之1。 While birth dffects can be genetic, or inherited, some can be caused by things a woman does before or during pregnancy such as using

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 医学英语轻松学

Twist, you guys wasnt gettin paid to leave the dogs baby-sit the sheep while you stemmed the rose, and declined to rehire him. He went on, Yeah, that little punch a yours surprised me. I never figured you to throw a dirty punch. I come up under my br

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 断背山

[00:03.70]-Turning off Iights can save-- -Enough energy to power Pittsburgh. - 随手关灯所节省的能源 - 足够供给整个匹兹堡 [00:06.38]And if we kept our thermostats at 68 in winter-- 如果冬季我们能将温控计设置在16度 [00

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-辛普森一家

This is Whats Trending Today. Tennis players must wear almost all white at Wimbledon. That includes shorts, shirts, hats, dresses, shoes and socks. But when they get to New York in the late summer for the U.S Open, they let their personalities come o

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

The latest data from Chinese health authorities shows around 15-percent of the population in China, or as many as 200-million people in China, suffer from some form of mental health issues. Of them, more than 4-million are believed to be suffering fr

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-M

1. An aide to Dick Cheney says tests on the former vice president show he suffered a mild heart attack. The 69-year-old was admitted to a Washington hospital Monday after experiencing chest pains. Cheney has a history of heart problems. 2. Toyota's t

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(二月)

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science, I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Considering getting pregnant and want to influence whether you have a boy or a girl? According to new research published in the Proceedings of the Roya

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

Virginia State authorities and agents from five federal law enforcement organizations raided the Leesburg, Virginia headquarters of independent presidential candidate, Lyndon LaRouche, this morning. NPR's Frank Browning reports. Three key members of

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(213) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语听力

[00:02.54]a tough, tough thing to do. 很难很难的事情 [00:06.22]Its probably tougher than you can understand right now. 比你现在想像的要难得多 [00:09.38]Oh, I I know. 哦,我知道 [00:11.86]And I its just that Im not ready to be a

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-朱诺

And so I stumbled, then, on a statistic that really came home to me. 结果我发现了一个震惊的数据。 It was a very interesting academic article in which I found that 67 percent of singles in America today who are living long-term with some

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

AS IT IS 2016-01-25 Scientists Find Most Ancient Evidence of War British scientists say they have found the oldest known evidence of war. Researchers discovered the remains of 27 people near Lake Turkana in northern Kenya. Scientists say they believe

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(211) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

New Words: pregnancy n. 怀孕; heck heck int. 真见鬼(hell的委婉说法) protein n. 蛋白质; hygiene n. 卫生; sterilize vt. 消毒,杀菌; organic adj. [有化] 有机的; Pregnancy Firstborn I only eat food with high protein

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Science and technology: Neuroscience: Brain mater 科技:神经科学:脑膜 Scanning reveals what pregnancy does to a mothers brain. 扫描揭示了怀孕对母亲大脑的影响。 As any parent will tell you, once you have had children nothing

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

WASHINGTON, March 15 (Xinhua) -- Mothers who are overweight or obese during pregnancy are more likely to give birth to bigger babies, new research suggested Tuesday. The study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, also found

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A Letter 一封信 Dear Mother and Dad, 亲爱的爸爸妈妈: Since I left for college I have been remise in writing and I am sorry for my thoughtlessness in not having written before. I will bring you up to date now, but before you read on, pleas

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Poking fun at fat people should be treated as seriously as racism and sexism, researchers have said. 研究人员表示,取笑肥胖人士的现象应像种族歧视和性别歧视一样被严肃处理。 Obesity expert Dr Sarah Jackson said that t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Oocyte cryopreservation, or egg freezing, is a procedure where a woman's ovum are removed, frozen and placed in long-term storage. When the woman is ready to become pregnant, the eggs can be thawed, fertilized and transferred into her uterus. The tec

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Under pressure: A new study has found that women who are stressed while trying for a baby are more likely to have girls. Women who are stressed while trying for a baby are more likely to have girls, research suggests. 研究表明,在试图怀孕期间

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

英国凯特王妃怀孕的消息传出后,英国上下都热切关注这件王室喜事。曾经为凯特王妃设计制作婚纱的设计师莎拉伯顿日前表示希望能为王妃制作孕妇装。那么孕妇装的英文怎么说呢?? 看一下

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语